"OWNED" by Twitter Trolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: "OWNED" by Twitter Trolls
(03-06-2014 01:53 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 12:51 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  Guys, I am sick and tired of theists trolling me on twitter. There's a group called the "#GodSquad" that's especially infuriating. Censored I can't stand it any longer. They keep telling me Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot are the atheist "trinity" which is patently false. I just want to make people think on that web site, but keep getting "owned" by these trolls. Angry Any helpful advice? Here's a picture of their "calling card" Please help me take them down.

I don't think many of the people on twitter are thinkers in the first place. The problem is an accusation can be made with 140 characters that can't even begin to be answered in 1,000.

Lots can certainly be taken out of context in such a short format for sure. Then a series of responses it's hard to lose track of the thought processes and it all becomes incoherent
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DawkinsFan420's post
03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Just in case you aren't a troll, here is some of my notes on the matter..

I often hear the simplistic, reductionist claim that there is a kind of equation between atheism and Nazism....for example, statements like "atheism leads to evil or such things as Nazism (epitome of evil)" There have been any number of similar claims made in various quarters: Nazism was an inevitable product of Darwin, or of Luther, or of the Versailles treaty, or of Wagner's opera, or of Nietzsche, or of Hegel. All of these break down under the obvious objection that there were plenty of atheists, darwinists, Lutherans, objectors to the Versailles treaty, Wagnerians, Nietzsche and Hegelians who did not become Nazis. These are all vacuous arguments from a historiographical perspective.

Was Adolf Hitler an atheist? Hitler cannot be called a church going christian, but neither can he be used as an example of an atheist. Hardly the product of an anti-christian childhood and upbringing, he attended mass with his devout mother and was a choirboy, which he quite enjoyed. Indeed, the majesty and pageantry of the church heavily influenced the staging in Nazi rallies and rituals.

born and raised a roman catholic, Hitler remained a nominal catholic for the rest of his life. he never officially renounced the church or his membership in it, but he was hostile to the church's impulses of caring for the weak, infirm, and mentally handicapped, who he wished to destroy. Hitler never doubted the divinity of Jesus, just his jewishness, convinced that he was actually an Aryan. The portraits of a fair haired, blue eyed Jesus that grace so many American homes would have doubtless met with his approval.

Consider the following examples rebutting the claim that he was an atheist:

1) When party secretary martin bormann closed a convent, Hitler reversed the order.
2) Hitler allowed the German army to have catholic and protestant chaplains in field. In fact the troops wore a belt buckle embossed with the inscription "god is with us".
3) In endless monologues to those around him, Hitler never once professed to be an atheist or unbeliever in the Abraham god of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. In particular, he had the greatest admiration for Islam, particularly its military tradition.
4) Survivor of over a dozen assassination plots and attempts, Hitler credited "divine providence" and "almighty god" for saving him to complete his great mission. On the eve of the soviet invasion, Hitler ended his address to his troops with "Almighty god bless our arms".
5) The first foreign policy coup of nazi germany was the "Concordat with the Vatican", allowing the church independence and catholic schools ot remain open in exchange for staying out of politics. The church also "welcomed the way" when operation barbarossa..the campaign against the godless soviet union was launched. Hitler, SS chief Heinrich Himmler, and architect of the holocaust Reinhard Heydrich, nominal catholics all, were never excommunicated by the holy sec. To this very day they remain catholics in good standing.
6) When overzealous nazi party officials removed crucifixes from classroom walls in bavaria, hitler personally reversed the order and had them rehung.

Now, some of the myths surrounding hitler's atheism can be attributed to an inaccurate and poorly translated version of Table Talk. Table Talk is a book of transcribed conversations that hitler had with those close to him. Some versions of this book that were translated from german to other languages contained fabricated statements not found in the original german manuscript.

Again, this is all irrelevant, with or without religion good people do good things, evil people will do evil things, for good people to do evil things takes religion.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM
First off its Pwned, not owned. Get it straight.
Second, stop following these idiots on Twitter.

There is nothing you can say that will stop them from having their fun and yes, it is fun for them.
They are only there to annoy and nothing more.
They are mosquitos, with the brains to match.
Rise above it and go live your life.

~Fin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
(03-06-2014 03:36 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  First off its Pwned, not owned. Get it straight.

There is nothing you can say that will stop them from having their fun and yes, it is fun for them.

~Fin

what's twitter? Blink

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
03-06-2014, 10:37 PM
(03-06-2014 04:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 03:36 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  First off its Pwned, not owned. Get it straight.

~Fin

what's twitter? Blink

Near as I can tell, a sign of the End-Times. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Dictionary.com Wrote:twit [twit]
verb (used with object), twit·ted, twit·ting.
1. to taunt, tease, ridicule, etc., with reference to anything embarrassing; gibe at. Synonyms: jeer at, mock, insult, deride.
2. to reproach or upbraid. Synonyms: chide, scold, rebuke, criticize, revile, castigate.
noun
3. an act of twitting.

twit [twit]
noun Informal.
1. an insignificant, silly, or bothersome person: Pay no attention to that obnoxious little twit!

So, Twitter is a tool for insignificant, silly, or bothersome people to taunt, tease, ridicule, reproach, or upbraid other insignificant, silly, or bothersome people. When they do, this is an act of twitting.

Sounds about right.

If I were you, I'd stop twitting entirely, lest you too be taken for an insignificant, silly, or bothersome person.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
04-06-2014, 01:14 AM
(03-06-2014 12:51 PM)FreeThinker69 Wrote:  Guys, I am sick and tired of theists trolling me on twitter. There's a group called the "#GodSquad" that's especially infuriating. Censored I can't stand it any longer. They keep telling me Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot are the atheist "trinity" which is patently false. I just want to make people think on that web site, but keep getting "owned" by these trolls. Angry Any helpful advice? Here's a picture of their "calling card" Please help me take them down.

They look like kids, just goofy kids.

I'm not taking down any kids. I am too old, too mature, too wise, and out of their league.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post
04-06-2014, 05:02 AM

Tell them this....
Hitler was a Christian, So I have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. They had the equivalent to IN GOD WE TRUST on the nazi belts. Not to mention there are Nazi's wearing Catholic priest robes during ceremonies, Not to menion In Mein Kampf there are dozens of places in the book Hitler TELLS US he is Christian and, Oh I dunno....Makes reference to how CHRISTIANITY GOD Gaaaavveee the German people the right to do what they did?! Hmm?! HUH!?

Lemme guess...no true scottsman is where they gonna retreat too right?

Thought so.

Why they gotta be so dumb eh?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
04-06-2014, 05:22 AM
What's that old phrase? Consider

Oh yeah,

If you can't beat them, join 'em!

Bahahahaha !

Let it go, let it go, ....... Fucking Disney songs.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
04-06-2014, 05:26 AM
The picture on their calling card is the cast of the movie The Sandlot.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post