Oaktree 500's Great British Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 11:25 AM by adey67.)
RE: Oaktree 500's Great British Q&A
(03-10-2017 10:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 07:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Black pudding is awesome many countries have blood sausages including France Germany and many eastern European countries its not just a Brit thing. Our food has improved massively since the 60's but we can't seem to shake off the stereotype kinda like the dentistry thing.

You are engaged in the "tu quoque" fallacy. Just because we have blood sausage as well, doesnt mean its acceptable food, in the UK nor in Germany *yuck* Tongue

While we are at it....fat, baked beans in the morning? Come on guys.....
Where did that come from?
Lol, right... So because you don't like it its not an acceptable food I'm sure there's a fallacy right there too Laugh out load There is no evidence that blood sausage is an unacceptable food otherwise it wouldn't be still produced and consumed by many nations world wide, if you don't like it fine, doesn't make it unacceptable food.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 12:40 PM
It's been suggested in the UK press that the average man in the street reckons that taxpayers are paying far too much in order to keep the Royal family in its obscenely luxurious lifestyle, and for the ongoing maintenance of its numerous multi-million pound properties—several of which are are beyond any genuine necessity, and locked off from the people.

When Betty pops her clogs shortly, and Charlie inevitably knocks back the top job in favour of Willy, how will that affect the monarchy as a whole? Will they be selling off some of their private, seldom-used grand mansions to the government? Will they actually take a drop in their obscene "wages" for doing basically nothing all day except swanning around opening schools and garden shows? Or will the monarchy fail to survive in the not too distant future?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-10-2017, 12:50 PM
(03-10-2017 11:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 10:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You are engaged in the "tu quoque" fallacy. Just because we have blood sausage as well, doesnt mean its acceptable food, in the UK nor in Germany *yuck* Tongue

While we are at it....fat, baked beans in the morning? Come on guys.....
Where did that come from?
Lol, right... So because you don't like it its not an acceptable food I'm sure there's a fallacy right there too Laugh out load There is no evidence that blood sausage is an unacceptable food otherwise it wouldn't be still produced and consumed by many nations world wide, if you don't like it fine, doesn't make it unacceptable food.

I swear to god, i was marked for life, when i went to Duxford/Cambridge in the early 2000s for the first time and after getting up in this (really really nice) B&B they presented me with this platter with
baked beans
black pudding
bacon
small Bratwursts
and some hash browns

I checked the menu and asked what "continental breakfast" is supposed ot be, and was told "a croissant and orange juice". Facepalm
I swear to god, thats exactly what happened.

If it was for me, wed never try to invade this horrible country again. Tongue

P.S.: The curry in this indian restaurant after the airshow.......wow, just wow. Drooling Bowing Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
03-10-2017, 12:57 PM
(03-10-2017 12:50 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 11:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Lol, right... So because you don't like it its not an acceptable food I'm sure there's a fallacy right there too Laugh out load There is no evidence that blood sausage is an unacceptable food otherwise it wouldn't be still produced and consumed by many nations world wide, if you don't like it fine, doesn't make it unacceptable food.

I swear to god, i was marked for life, when i went to Duxford/Cambridge in the early 2000s for the first time and after getting up in this (really really nice) B&B they presented me with this platter with
baked beans
black pudding
bacon
small Bratwursts
and some hash browns

I checked the menu and asked what "continental breakfast" is supposed ot be, and was told "a croissant and orange juice". Facepalm
I swear to god, thats exactly what happened.

If it was for me, wed never try to invade this horrible country again. Tongue

P.S.: The curry in this indian restaurant after the airshow.......wow, just wow. Drooling Bowing Thumbsup

Lol, Bowing I love sauerkraut. Peace brother Wink
03-10-2017, 12:59 PM
A lot of English guys seem to have great hair. Genetics, or some kind of special shampoo?
03-10-2017, 01:03 PM
(03-10-2017 12:59 PM)julep Wrote:  A lot of English guys seem to have great hair. Genetics, or some kind of special shampoo?

My hair is shit but then I am part dutch/ German so who knows.
03-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Does the average Brit really give a fuck about Northern Ireland......Big Grin

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
03-10-2017, 02:07 PM
(03-10-2017 12:40 PM)SYZ Wrote:  It's been suggested in the UK press that the average man in the street reckons that taxpayers are paying far too much in order to keep the Royal family in its obscenely luxurious lifestyle, and for the ongoing maintenance of its numerous multi-million pound properties—several of which are are beyond any genuine necessity, and locked off from the people.

When Betty pops her clogs shortly, and Charlie inevitably knocks back the top job in favour of Willy, how will that affect the monarchy as a whole? Will they be selling off some of their private, seldom-used grand mansions to the government? Will they actually take a drop in their obscene "wages" for doing basically nothing all day except swanning around opening schools and garden shows? Or will the monarchy fail to survive in the not too distant future?

It's not a job I'd wish on anyone. They've got vast wealth sure enough, but the price they pay these days is to be reality TV. What does their money do for them? All in all they're just state pets.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-10-2017, 03:03 PM
(03-10-2017 01:52 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Does the average Brit really give a fuck about Northern Ireland......Big Grin

Northern what?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
03-10-2017, 03:15 PM
(03-10-2017 01:52 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Does the average Brit really give a fuck about Northern Ireland......Big Grin
Honestly? Ok I can only speak for myself but personally I don't think it was worth the military and civilian casualties, we should have let Paddy have it, after all it wasn't ours it was decades of carnage for nothing, it would have been more cost effective to transfer the unionists to Britain I also feel the same way about the Falklands.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post