Oaktree 500's Great British Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 07:18 AM
RE: Oaktree 500's Great British Q&A
(03-10-2017 07:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  ...
I always thought we drank a lot of tea because we used to own India.

No

Drinking Beverage

Nope.

Drinking Beverage

We owned India because we drank a lot of tea.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2017, 07:20 AM
(03-10-2017 07:15 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 07:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also, can you get me Jason Statham's phone number? Wink If not, can you do a TTA accent tag where you pretend your him and say "Hey Jenny, this is Jason Statham." I mean just because for fun...I mean I wouldn't use it for anything else. I mean, it's just to hear accents and such. It's just for dialect purposes Wink Big Grin

"ELLO Jenny, dis iz Jason Statham ere. How you doin' love?" Laugh out load How was that?

I'm not sure I could personally do his accent justice, although in saying that he was born "not-to-far-away" haha. Then again, you go 20 miles and you run into completely different accents Laugh out load

I've never heard of him, don't tell me he's another celebrity with an estuary accent, uggh its just too gruesomeWeeping
03-10-2017, 07:21 AM
(03-10-2017 07:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 07:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  ...
I always thought we drank a lot of tea because we used to own India.

No

Drinking Beverage

Nope.

Drinking Beverage

We owned India because we drank a lot of tea.

Drinking Beverage
Exactly.

"Hmm, this tea is ok. Where was it from again? India you say? Do we own that one yet? No? Right, C'mon lads, lets go." Drinking Beverage

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
03-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Why don't you have dentists?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2017, 07:22 AM
(03-10-2017 07:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 07:15 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  "ELLO Jenny, dis iz Jason Statham ere. How you doin' love?" Laugh out load How was that?

I'm not sure I could personally do his accent justice, although in saying that he was born "not-to-far-away" haha. Then again, you go 20 miles and you run into completely different accents Laugh out load

I've never heard of him, don't tell me he's another celebrity with an estuary accent, uggh its just too gruesomeWeeping
He's an actor, in fairness he's been around a fair bit now, and must have a decent agent as he's been in a lot of movies.

He has a bit of faux cockney accent, I personally find. In some movies he tries the American accent, and doesn't do too well. He's good in Snatch though Smile

03-10-2017, 07:24 AM
(03-10-2017 07:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why don't you have dentists?

Laugh out load We do! I'm not really sure why the stereotype of British dental hygiene exisits, as our dental industry is as good as any other to my knowledge. I imagine it stems from a very long time ago, and it's just stuck. I still have all my teeth and they are perfectly straight Big Grin.

03-10-2017, 07:25 AM

We have practical dentistry just not American cosmetic vanity dentistry, you can get it but it costs a lot.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
03-10-2017, 07:26 AM
(03-10-2017 07:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also, can you get me Jason Statham's phone number? Wink If not, can you do a TTA accent tag where you pretend your him and say "Hey Jenny, this is Jason Statham." I mean just because for fun...I mean I wouldn't use it for anything else. I mean, it's just to hear accents and such. It's just for dialect purposes Wink Big Grin

Yeah sure he owes me a favour. If it's just for your research on accents I can get him to send an audio file. I think he'll be relieved that he'll only be demonstrating his well formed glottal stops rather than having to personally visit and strip off again.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-10-2017, 07:27 AM
(03-10-2017 07:15 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  

"ELLO Jenny, dis iz Jason Statham ere. How you doin' love?" Laugh out load How was that?

Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-10-2017, 07:28 AM

We do. They were rounded up to to toil in our underground sugar caves.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post