Oaktree 500's Great British Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: Oaktree 500's Great British Q&A
(03-10-2017 09:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Haven't taken your GCSEs yet, huh.
Well in fairness mine expired a little while ago (they expire after 10 years, and I've since had to re-sit take certain tests to gain higher eductation), but I don't recall the first question on my GCSE's to be "Have you had a homosexual encounter? Discuss".

The questions about homosexuality were phased out on the altar of political correctness because it was recognised that not everyone is straight ... or in fact male. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.

A-levels still require advanced lessons in buggery though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-10-2017, 09:10 AM
(03-10-2017 09:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Well in fairness mine expired a little while ago (they expire after 10 years, and I've since had to re-sit take certain tests to gain higher eductation), but I don't recall the first question on my GCSE's to be "Have you had a homosexual encounter? Discuss".

The questions about homosexuality were phased out on the altar of political correctness because it was recognised that not everyone is straight ... or in fact male. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.

Now those ones I did skip! (A-levels....and the buggery). Laugh out load

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
(03-10-2017 09:07 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ok well, when you can get back to me on that, I'd love to know why that is a thing lol. To my knowledge it isnt...

Something to do with boarding schools and preparing the men for long sea voyages to conquer the world I suspect.

#sigh
(03-10-2017 08:54 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 08:46 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Did you mean to say a sheep's stomach filled with sheeps lung heart liver etc ?

Yeah my fault. Never actually had Haggis and now I've given up eating meat and dairy it's not going to happen anyway.
I admire people who change their diet for whatever reason probably because i have absolutely zero willpower and know i couldn't do it.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
03-10-2017, 09:23 AM
The hubby and I will be in England over Christmas this year.
Any fun yuletide traditions I need to be aware of (aside from saying Happy Christmas)?
Any non-touristy-but-fun things to do in London over the holidays?
Should I bring "fancy dress" for New Years?

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
03-10-2017, 09:34 AM
(03-10-2017 09:23 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  The hubby and I will be in England over Christmas this year.
Any fun yuletide traditions I need to be aware of (aside from saying Happy Christmas)?
Any non-touristy-but-fun things to do in London over the holidays?
Should I bring "fancy dress" for New Years?

For Christmas: just chill out and have a drink. Standard Christmas day traditions are to eat too much, drink too much and then fall asleep in front of the TV. If you plan ahead a little bit, you can book into pubs and Indian restaurants to eat/celebrate. I don't think we do too much different than most Christmas celebrating countries though.

I don't know enough of London to help you on point 2, so may be worth a google Smile

And Generally, new years is non-fancy dress (unless specified), but again another time to chill out a drink a whole bunch Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
03-10-2017, 09:39 AM
(03-10-2017 09:23 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Any non-touristy-but-fun things to do in London over the holidays?

Yeah surviving. It's quite easy though. Just make sure to stay downwind so the Londoners don't catch your scent. This isn't too easy though because you're never more than 6 feet away from a Londoner. But just remember that they sense movement. Don't show fear by backing away and don't bare your teeth as they take it as a sign of aggression. Just stay still until they get bored and move on. If the worst comes to the worst than throw some pound coins on the ground and they'll see the gold colour and go for it while you run away. If you can wear a used T-shirt of a cockney then that can mask your scent, otherwise you can buy some Lion's urine from your local zoo and spray it on yourself.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
(03-10-2017 09:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...

True dat.

I remember (long ago) opening my A-level chemistry paper and thinking "bugger!"

So I wrote a long poem about teenage hormones being an impediment to studying chemistry and I passed.

Blush

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2017, 10:54 AM
(03-10-2017 05:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [quote='OakTree500' pid='1248035' dateline='1507027749']

Question:
Why do the English call condoms 'French letters', while in France they are called capotes anglaises ('English overcoats')?

Smartass

They're named for the prick wearing it, by the observer....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-10-2017, 10:55 AM
(03-10-2017 07:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 07:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why does you food suck so bad? Blood pudding? Really?

Black pudding is awesome many countries have blood sausages including France Germany and many eastern European countries its not just a Brit thing. Our food has improved massively since the 60's but we can't seem to shake off the stereotype kinda like the dentistry thing.

You are engaged in the "tu quoque" fallacy. Just because we have blood sausage as well, doesnt mean its acceptable food, in the UK nor in Germany *yuck* Tongue

While we are at it....fat, baked beans in the morning? Come on guys.....
Where did that come from?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse