Obama Admin Concludes:Syria Uses Chemical Weapons (I&I gets his war wish)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Obama Admin Concludes:Syria Uses Chemical Weapons (I&I gets his war wish)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...al-weapons

Looks like it'll be me in the near future telling you "I told you so", I&I.
Not that you'd believe any evidence presented to you anyway...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 12:51 AM
The way I see it is this....

The civil war in Syria has been raging for two years. Whilst I understand that most of the "rebels" were at first soldiers who were defecting from Assads armed forces being joined by civilians and foreigners. I can understand that the defecters may have brought some arms with them I kind of wonder where they may have gotten the remaining arms from (things like RPG's, grenades, shitty mobile anti-aircraft vehicles etc) Now I can understand that the rebels may have had some victories in some encounters and been able to capture arms from these situations (ammunition, arms, the occasional tank and more RPG's) but it leaves me to wonder if that really would have been enough.... or were they getting trickles of aid from elsewhere? (im not willing to guess or speculate from where as I have no fucking idea)

If you look at the timetable of recent events first you had Israel who airstriked certain plants. weapon caches and such in Syria as they stated they didn't want Hezbollah gaining access to them. Then later on it is reported that Russia had agreed upon a contract to supply Syria with S-300 missle defence systems, which would obviously be a huge game changer in them defending their skys from aircraft and ballistic missles. Then on the news that Assad and his forces have been making more and more recent victories against the "rebels" we now have the US saying it will provide arms and send the CIA over to help train them on how to properly use them.

This war is completely different from the other "wars" we have seen recently. Syria is a focus point of interest for many different countries all for their own different reasons and justifications and I dont really see how this will end if im honest.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
15-06-2013, 09:20 AM
What reason at all would ASSAD need to use chemical weapons?
15-06-2013, 11:15 AM
(15-06-2013 09:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  What reason at all would ASSAD need to use chemical weapons?

To terrorize his opponents. I addition to the psychological benefit, it would force his opponents to change tactics or have to prepare for that kind of weapon.

But really, multiple attacks leading up to 150 casualties is no big deal--I mean, it matters because of the loss of life, but in my mind this is no worse than his conventional weapons.
15-06-2013, 06:38 PM
(15-06-2013 11:15 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 09:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  What reason at all would ASSAD need to use chemical weapons?

To terrorize his opponents. I addition to the psychological benefit, it would force his opponents to change tactics or have to prepare for that kind of weapon.

But really, multiple attacks leading up to 150 casualties is no big deal--I mean, it matters because of the loss of life, but in my mind this is no worse than his conventional weapons.

The town that was the supposed attack with sari gas is a pro Assad town. And again, why in the fuck would Assad use gas on his own people? He doesn't need to, HE IS FUCKING WINNING EASILY WITH CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS. There is no reason why he would need to use them.

What reason would the rebels have in using them? What would they gain? Oh yeah. EVERY THING. The rebels have been seen on video testing this gas on animals and the mainstream news reported a while back that intelligence officials have been training rebels in how to deal with chemical weapons when they find them (wink mother fucking wink).
15-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I like how modern atheism questions ONLY religion while they gargle everything Uncle Sam squirts out. "Uncle Sam says Assad is a baddie, well kids that means he is a baddie"
15-06-2013, 07:19 PM
(15-06-2013 06:40 PM)I and I Wrote:  I like how modern atheism questions ONLY religion while they gargle everything Uncle Sam squirts out. "Uncle Sam says Assad is a baddie, well kids that means he is a baddie"

Atheism is about theology, not politics.

You are confused.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Hmmm....another regime we're going to take down because of some reports of "Weapons of Mass Destruction". This sounds familiar!

Meanwhile, Millions of red-blooded Americans pull down their pants, bend over, and shout, "Thank You sir, may I have another?"

Yes...you may!

[Image: thankyou.png]
16-06-2013, 08:02 AM
(15-06-2013 06:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 11:15 AM)BryanS Wrote:  To terrorize his opponents. I addition to the psychological benefit, it would force his opponents to change tactics or have to prepare for that kind of weapon.

The town that was the supposed attack with sari gas is a pro Assad town. And again, why in the fuck would Assad use gas on his own people? He doesn't need to, HE IS FUCKING WINNING EASILY WITH CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS. There is no reason why he would need to use them.

What reason would the rebels have in using them? What would they gain? Oh yeah. EVERY THING. The rebels have been seen on video testing this gas on animals and the mainstream news reported a while back that intelligence officials have been training rebels in how to deal with chemical weapons when they find them (wink mother fucking wink).

Because it's not like countries don't like to test out their new toys or anything...

And it's not like this would be the first time a government has tested something out on their own population or anything...

And it's not about winning with conventional weapons or whatever. It's war.
In war you wanna win, you wanna scare the enemy, frighten them to lay down their arms.
It's simple really. Assad displays this display of strength by using chemical weapons. In return some rebels get frightened (chemical weapons would be bloody scary. Much more scary then being a fire fight I would imagine. Silent creeping death...) and lay down their arms and flee. In return Assad's enemy is weakened.

It's not bloody rocket science.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-06-2013, 09:54 AM
(16-06-2013 08:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 06:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  The town that was the supposed attack with sari gas is a pro Assad town. And again, why in the fuck would Assad use gas on his own people? He doesn't need to, HE IS FUCKING WINNING EASILY WITH CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS. There is no reason why he would need to use them.

Because it's not like countries don't like to test out their new toys or anything...

And it's not like this would be the first time a government has tested something out on their own population or anything...

And it's not about winning with conventional weapons or whatever. It's war.
In war you wanna win, you wanna scare the enemy, frighten them to lay down their arms.
It's simple really. Assad displays this display of strength by using chemical weapons. In return some rebels get frightened (chemical weapons would be bloody scary. Much more scary then being a fire fight I would imagine. Silent creeping death...) and lay down their arms and flee. In return Assad's enemy is weakened.

It's not bloody rocket science.

Evidence? Oh yeah, the atheists on here don't need evidence. Oh wait you posted a link that had the phrase "according to u.s. officials" over and over. How in he mother fuck did U.S. officials investigate? Oh that's right, they fucking didnt. And since when did alqaeda become the make your panties wet "we would never hurt people with chemical weapons people?

Do you even concede that there are major advantages for rebels using chemical weapons?