Obama Frees Chelsea Manning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: Obama Frees Chelsea Manning
(18-01-2017 11:05 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe Julian figures Trump will return the favour and do the same.

Or Julian will keep the info he has on Trump and Trump's Russian connections under wraps if he - Trump - offers Julian immunity.

Just a hunch...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Assange arrives in the US and answers questions......

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-01-2017, 11:17 AM
(18-01-2017 10:57 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 10:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You've never had a clearance, have you???

When you pull the kind of shit she did -- you can expect to be in a cell for a long, long time.... That's the incentive to keep you from being an "on the spot journalist" -- who second guesses what's a matter of national security, and what's not.....

As one who has had clearance, I have to admit I'm torn about this.

AFAIK (and I'm willing to be corrected on this if the facts show otherwise) nothing she leaked actually endangered citizens or was a threat to national security. *edit to add - I see someone else has already made this point at the exact same time I was typing mine.*

John Walker, on the other hand (he's now deceased) was a different story as he passed national security secrets. Walker, however, would have been eligible for parole in 2015; Manning was due to be incarcerated for 35 years.

So, on one hand, it's clear that harsh sentences need to be meted out to those who endanger national security. But it's also clear that Manning case became a pawn between Republican hawks and the Obama administration.

Yeah -- trust me -- I remember John fucking Walker.....

Reason being -- he compromised material that I had direct access to..... We used the same crypto gear as the Navy (Walker was a navy Chief) -- and I had access to the navy's keymat material (what Walker sold the Soviets)....

The station I was at - wasn't a "hardened" site -- in that we didn't have guards, or even really ready access to our weapons ---- so we were considered to be at high risk for compromise. Consequently - they had NSA, NAVSECGRU (Naval Security Group) and FBI guys probing our unit's personnel...

It's one of the reasons I take this shit dead fucking serious....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-01-2017, 11:35 AM
(18-01-2017 11:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 10:57 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  As one who has had clearance, I have to admit I'm torn about this.

AFAIK (and I'm willing to be corrected on this if the facts show otherwise) nothing she leaked actually endangered citizens or was a threat to national security. *edit to add - I see someone else has already made this point at the exact same time I was typing mine.*

John Walker, on the other hand (he's now deceased) was a different story as he passed national security secrets. Walker, however, would have been eligible for parole in 2015; Manning was due to be incarcerated for 35 years.

So, on one hand, it's clear that harsh sentences need to be meted out to those who endanger national security. But it's also clear that Manning case became a pawn between Republican hawks and the Obama administration.

Yeah -- trust me -- I remember John fucking Walker.....

Reason being -- he compromised material that I had direct access to..... We used the same crypto gear as the Navy (Walker was a navy Chief) -- and I had access to the navy's keymat material (what Walker sold the Soviets)....

The station I was at - wasn't a "hardened" site -- in that we didn't have guards, or even really ready access to our weapons ---- so we were considered to be at high risk for compromise. Consequently - they had NSA, NAVSECGRU (Naval Security Group) and FBI guys probing our unit's personnel...

It's one of the reasons I take this shit dead fucking serious....

Walter wasn't a whistle blower, he was a traitor selling stuff to enemies.

The interesting part of this, if it happens, is Assange coming to the US for questioning.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-01-2017, 11:39 AM
I'd have been completely fucked over for much, much less. But politically, I suppose the Intel community 15 to 20 years ago was much different than it is now. We didn't have Facebook Tongue

'Murican Canadian
18-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Obama has freed more federal prisoners than the previous 9 or 10 presidents combined. Obama is a fucking disgrace and a disaster for this country.

The fact that he would free Bradley Manning does not surprise me at all. I expected Obama to free him and anticipate more of his anti American cohorts to be freed or pardoned over the next 2 days.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-01-2017, 11:46 AM
(18-01-2017 11:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Bradley Manning

Because you just have to be an asshole.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-01-2017, 11:51 AM
(18-01-2017 09:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  I find this very interesting.

Chelsea was a whistle blower who changed gender, remained in a male prison as female and tried to kill herself twice.

Chelsea admitted her wrong doing, repented, stood trial, and got the stiffest sentence ever for this type of thing - 35 years.

Apparently Assange (WikiLeaks) once said that he would come to the states to stand trial if she was freed.

Whistle blowing is now wrong doing? I thought it was protected good doing.
18-01-2017, 11:55 AM
(18-01-2017 11:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 11:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Bradley Manning

Because you just have to be an asshole.

I do not recognize the wants and desires of a man convicted under the espionage act. I served 10 years in the military and have no respect for the fool or this president.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-01-2017, 11:58 AM
(18-01-2017 11:07 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 11:05 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe Julian figures Trump will return the favour and do the same.

Or Julian will keep the info he has on Trump and Trump's Russian connections under wraps if he - Trump - offers Julian immunity.

Just a hunch...

T Rump probably already has been in contact with him and done so.