Obama Frees Chelsea Manning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Obama Frees Chelsea Manning
(18-01-2017 11:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 11:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Because you just have to be an asshole.

I do not recognize the wants and desires of a man convicted under the espionage act. I served 10 years in the military and have no respect for the fool or this president.

Because you just have to be an asshole.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2017, 12:04 PM
An argument can always be made against any Presidential pardon. I don't like them. But the law is an ass.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
18-01-2017, 12:07 PM
(18-01-2017 11:05 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe Julian figures Trump will return the favour and do the same.

Assange probably has nothing to worry about from Trump. He is a big fan. Yuge...

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
18-01-2017, 12:08 PM
(18-01-2017 12:04 PM)tomilay Wrote:  An argument can always be made against any Presidential pardon. I don't like them. But the law is an ass.

True. But murderers, rapists or spies should NEVER be pardoned or have their sentenced commuted.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-01-2017, 12:11 PM
(18-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 12:04 PM)tomilay Wrote:  An argument can always be made against any Presidential pardon. I don't like them. But the law is an ass.

True. But murderers, rapists or spies should NEVER be pardoned or have their sentenced commuted.

Not that anyone cares about your opinions, but you didn't explain why.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-01-2017, 01:19 PM
(18-01-2017 11:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obama has freed more federal prisoners than the previous 9 or 10 presidents combined. Obama is a fucking disgrace and a disaster for this country.

Yes, he freed more than the last 10 Presidents, but not combined. Combined, you only have to go back 5 before you're wrong. Point taken that he freed an unusually high number though.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
18-01-2017, 01:23 PM
10 has a more truthy ring. It's all about the truthiness.
18-01-2017, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 02:02 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(18-01-2017 01:19 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 11:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obama has freed more federal prisoners than the previous 9 or 10 presidents combined. Obama is a fucking disgrace and a disaster for this country.

Yes, he freed more than the last 10 Presidents, but not combined. Combined, you only have to go back 5 before you're wrong. Point taken that he freed an unusually high number though.

Are you sure? A quick google search brings up 25 articles backing up my number, including this from Obama loving Mother Jones.
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/0...14-inmates

I wasn't purposely exaggerating the number. I've heard it from multiple news agencies. CNN even said it on the air yesterday when they were discussing this latest move by Obama.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-01-2017, 01:47 PM
A sitting President can't render a former's pardons null/void, can he?

18-01-2017, 01:56 PM
I think this is an excellent decision. I want people in the military to think about the moral ramifications of what they are doing and not just following orders and then hiding behind that as an excuse.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post