Obama Frees Chelsea Manning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: Obama Frees Chelsea Manning
"Which our enemies were able to get their hands on"?

What the fuck??

It was made public by being released to media. Of course everyone saw it.

Made public--as it should have been from the beginning. The military establishment covered it up by classifying it. That's the entire point. Manning worked for the people who were doing the covering-up.

That is not the same thing as intentionally providing aid and comfort to our enemies, as required for actual Espionage. The use of the Espionage Act has been greatly expanded in recent years, under the post-9/11 worldview, and seems to be used in large part to silence those who would report things to the press rather than "allowable channels", so to speak. (The "allowable channels" in quotes because they quickly become part of the suppression machine.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage_...st_century

Note that Manning's sentence exceeded BY DECADES the sentence of people recently convicted of literally spying for enemies of the United States, indicating that the new intent is to silence those who would try to circumvent The System™ and expose US war crimes.

Again, that's why I'm amazed Conservatives are in defense of the government, on this. It's a perfect example of creeping government power and control over constitutionally-sacred things. You should all be screaming your heads off!

But when it comes to protecting things martial, you say "It's the law, man!", totally ignoring the creeping changes in that law, the new ways in which it is being used, and the dangerous precedents being set.

If this was something to do with the EPA, I'd wager you would be singing a different tune.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-01-2017, 07:11 PM
(18-01-2017 07:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 01:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I think this is an excellent decision. I want people in the military to think about the moral ramifications of what they are doing and not just following orders and then hiding behind that as an excuse.

Yeah -- great idea ........

And I guess you'll protest everything your Commanding Officer orders -- because YOU didn't vote for him!!!!

THAT's how all military units work....

Facepalm

Do us all a favor......

They NEED geniuses like YOU!!!!!!!

Are you just in "asshole mode", and don't care about the things you say at this point?

The "we were just following orders" excuse has not been valid since the Nuremberg Trials.

All military personnel are required to check with their conscience to see whether the orders they are receiving are morally acceptable, irrespective of their narrow-definition lawfulness.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-01-2017, 07:18 PM
(18-01-2017 07:11 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 07:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah -- great idea ........

And I guess you'll protest everything your Commanding Officer orders -- because YOU didn't vote for him!!!!

THAT's how all military units work....

Facepalm

Do us all a favor......

They NEED geniuses like YOU!!!!!!!

Are you just in "asshole mode", and don't care about the things you say at this point?

The "we were just following orders" excuse has not been valid since the Nuremberg Trials.

All military personnel are required to check with their conscience to see whether the orders they are receiving are morally acceptable, irrespective of their narrow-definition lawfulness.

And once you decide it's OK for any fucking E-2 to go to the press, with anything they don't agree with --- you've got the operational security of a unit with cheerleaders and a publicist........

If you don't agree with shit -- there's ways to go up the chain of command with that information.

When you sign up (and it's all volunteer) --- you agree to things -- -and one of the things you agree to -- is to not blab your goddamned trap............................

Don't like that????

STAY A CIVILIAN......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-01-2017, 10:57 PM
(18-01-2017 11:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 11:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Because you just have to be an asshole.

I do not recognize the wants and desires of a man convicted under the espionage act. I served 10 years in the military and have no respect for the fool or this president.

And we have no respect for you, now fuck off dipshit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2017, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2017 01:21 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-01-2017 07:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And once you decide it's OK for any fucking E-2 to go to the press, with anything they don't agree with --- you've got the operational security of a unit with cheerleaders and a publicist........

If you don't agree with shit -- there's ways to go up the chain of command with that information.

When you sign up (and it's all volunteer) --- you agree to things -- -and one of the things you agree to -- is to not blab your goddamned trap............................

Don't like that????

STAY A CIVILIAN......

Flip Side - If those in power know they can abuse it because nobody says anything, that enables abuse. Accountability means nothing if it's foxes guarding the hen house.

So yeah, if someone gets the bright idea to use our unilateral drone program to kill American citizens without due process, I want to know about it. Think the military wants us to know about their violation of citizen's right to a trial in favor of executing them with a flying murder-bot? Hell no, and telling your CO (or their CO, or their CO's CO) means fuck all when this shit is signed off by the highest powers.

When this shit goes up to the Joint Chiefs, the Cabinet, and the President; who the fuck can hold them accountable but the public?

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2017, 11:36 PM
(18-01-2017 10:57 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 11:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I do not recognize the wants and desires of a man convicted under the espionage act. I served 10 years in the military and have no respect for the fool or this president.

And we have no respect for you, now fuck off dipshit.

Cool story.

I am your master now.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-01-2017, 11:43 PM
(18-01-2017 06:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Only in Obama's America can you arrive to prison as a male convicted of violating the espionage act and leave as a free woman.

Actually it's not going to be happening for a few weeks.
It will be in your Orange Fool's America.
It's gonna happen in America. Too bad for you.

You really can't stand that a black guy is FAR FAR FAR more successful than you could ever dream of being.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-01-2017, 12:41 AM
(18-01-2017 11:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  When this shit goes up to the Joint Chiefs, the Cabinet, and the President; who the fuck can hold them accountable but the public?

There's the crux of it. This shit needs to be public. It's good that way. If US wants to claim to be some kind of bastion of freedom then turning the lens against themselves - full transparency - is what it's all about. But I can see why the military and govt in general wouldn't be keen. If you have got up to evil shit then knowing that people can see you and point it out, you'd definitely try to shut that shit down.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-01-2017, 01:22 AM
(18-01-2017 11:36 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Cool story.

I am your master now.

[Image: 51243359.jpg]

19-01-2017, 02:08 AM
Judging by little coverage that this case got in Polish press I applaud Obama decision. No reason for military to be not accountable for war crimes, so person which make public aware of this shouldn't be punished.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post