Obama Frees Chelsea Manning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Obama Frees Chelsea Manning
(19-01-2017 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 10:54 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There are similar systems in place for things like sexual assault. The problem with classified material is that it can only be discussed with people who hold both a suitable clearance and a need to know, and that need to know shouldn't be stretched any farther than it absolutely has to be.

In the Battle of Dieppe, thousands of people died because of a single captured radioman. I'm not trying to tie that directly with Manning, but more with the concept of compartmented information.

Obviously this group would need to have the highest clearance as well as being connected to other agencies to be able to investigate and escalate the issue.

Everyone would be better off if whistleblowers had a way to try to fix something they see as a grave issue without going public.

The problem with that is it allows individuals access to uncompartmented information. The idea is for any given person to only have a piece of the puzzle, otherwise all it takes to create a serious compromise is a single act of indiscretion from a single person.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-01-2017, 11:47 AM
(19-01-2017 11:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Bradley Manning is scum of the first order.

Fuck you and your "Bradley". It makes you scum of the first order.
Everything else in your post just got dismissed. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-01-2017, 11:54 AM
(19-01-2017 11:47 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 11:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Bradley Manning is scum of the first order.

Fuck you and your "Bradley". It makes you scum of the first order.

That is the name on his birth certificate. That is the name on his enlistment documents. That is the name that matches his chromosomes.

Fuck Bradley Manning and anyone that supports the traitor.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
19-01-2017, 12:03 PM
(19-01-2017 11:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 10:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  There it is. There should be an INDEPENDENT place people can go when they run into something they think is screwing with the citizens. Should be open for military, police and government folks.

There, such things could be researched and escalated to appropriate channels, keeping the original whistle blower anonymous.

Also, people seem to be conflating traitors (selling info to adversaries) and whistleblowers (sounding an alarm to inform citizens). They are very different things.

They have established law for military whistleblowers. The Military Whistleblower Protection Act. The problem is Manning decided not to alert his congressman (or any congressperson) to the problem, instead giving 750,000 documents (most not pertaining to the crimes he was alleging) to a foreign entity.

The military has protocols in place for situations like this. Manning decided to bypass all of them. He singlehandedly oversaw one of the largest security breaches in our history. That is the reason for the long prison sentence.

Bradley Manning is scum of the first order. While a few of the documents he released might have pointed to wrongdoing, violating federal law to get the information out there, as well as disseminating further non related classified intel, was highly illegal and dangerous.

I never thought that I'd ever be agreeing with one of your posts. Yet, here we are.

... you bastard.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-01-2017, 12:09 PM
(19-01-2017 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  That is the name on his birth certificate. That is the name on his enlistment documents. That is the name that matches his chromosomes.

Play stupid all you want, but no one is missing your bigotry asshole. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
19-01-2017, 02:20 PM
(18-01-2017 10:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Bad precedence IMO......

We have informational security for good reason. Commuting Manning's sentence sends a bad message to those who hold security clearances --- "We're not all THAT serious about this shit".....

Just because it makes some people happy -- doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.....
Had she/he released defense secrets I would agree, but if I remember correctly it was mostly stuff that embarrassed the politicos.
20-01-2017, 12:06 AM
(19-01-2017 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 11:47 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Fuck you and your "Bradley". It makes you scum of the first order.

That is the name on his birth certificate. That is the name on his enlistment documents. That is the name that matches his chromosomes.

The name that matches his chromosomes huh? So somewhere on yours does it say in tiny writing "obsessive wanker"?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-01-2017, 12:24 AM
(20-01-2017 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  That is the name on his birth certificate. That is the name on his enlistment documents. That is the name that matches his chromosomes.

The name that matches his chromosomes huh? So somewhere on yours does it say in tiny writing "obsessive wanker"?

[Image: spaceballs4.gif]

20-01-2017, 01:23 AM

Does you wife go by the name on her birth certificate ?
Do people who marry while enlisted keep the same name ?
Have you tested her chromosomes ?

You are such an ignorant piece of shit.
You really are a poe, right ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-01-2017, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2017 02:17 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(20-01-2017 01:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Does you wife go by the name on her birth certificate ?
Do people who marry while enlisted keep the same name ?
Have you tested her chromosomes ?

You are such an ignorant piece of shit.
You really are a poe, right ?

My wife's name is Amy #####. Before we were married her name was Amy #######.

Amy is a female name. Her last name does not denote gender.

My wife has birthed a child. Her chromosomes are not even in question. Something BRADLEY Manning is unable to claim.

Manning is a man. His parents named him Bradley because he was born with a penis and testicles.

My wife is a woman. Her name is Amy and because she was born with a vagina her parents gave her a female name.

Bradley is a male name. Amy is a female name.

If names mean nothing, why wouldn't Manning keep his birth name?

Chelsea is a female name. Manning is not a female. He does not have female chromosomes.

But he is a bitch.