Obama Wins "Lie of the Year" Award

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2013, 11:07 AM
RE: Obama Wins "Lie of the Year" Award
(19-12-2013 12:54 AM)shallwechat71 Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 07:03 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  He told the lie repeatedly and publicly even though he knew it wasn't true. Then after the lie was publicly exposed via approximately 4 million cancellation notices he lied again to cover it up.

So even though the lie only directly impacted 2% in terms of cancellations, it damages his credibility with everyone (except you apparently).

if his lie involved only 2%, previous lies by officials have impacted more then 2%. My insurer told me the issue of these cancellations were that many plans failed to meet the minimum standard set fourth by the new healthcare law..

His lie was that there was no control over the insurance companies to keep grandfathered policies.

It is the insurers who chose to cancel policies. You insurer is mistaken or lying.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2013, 11:49 AM
(19-12-2013 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 12:54 AM)shallwechat71 Wrote:  if his lie involved only 2%, previous lies by officials have impacted more then 2%. My insurer told me the issue of these cancellations were that many plans failed to meet the minimum standard set fourth by the new healthcare law..

His lie was that there was no control over the insurance companies to keep grandfathered policies.

It is the insurers who chose to cancel policies. You insurer is mistaken or lying.

Not necessarily. If a policy that would have been grandfathered was changed after the law passed, it loses grandfather status. Also, a policy created after the law passed wouldn't be grandfathered at all, and like shallwechat71 said, might not meet the minimum standard and have to be canceled.

It's also possible like you keep insisting that insurance companies just want to cancel some policies to get rid of the insured for whatever reason (maybe they're sick and expensive).

I guess where that leaves us is that he knowingly lied, was too incompetent to know what was in his own law or had it massively back fire on him because he lacked the foresight to see how the insurance industry would react and made bold promises he didn't have the power to keep.

So pick what you want to believe - any one of them makes Obama look like an ass.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
19-12-2013, 02:02 PM
(19-12-2013 11:49 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  His lie was that there was no control over the insurance companies to keep grandfathered policies.

Not necessarily. If a policy that would have been grandfathered was changed after the law passed, it loses grandfather status. Also, a policy created after the law passed wouldn't be grandfathered at all, and like shallwechat71 said, might not meet the minimum standard and have to be canceled.

It's also possible like you keep insisting that insurance companies just want to cancel some policies to get rid of the insured for whatever reason (maybe they're sick and expensive).

I guess where that leaves us is that he knowingly lied, was too incompetent to know what was in his own law or had it massively back fire on him because he lacked the foresight to see how the insurance industry would react and made bold promises he didn't have the power to keep.

So pick what you want to believe - any one of them makes Obama look like an ass.

I'm going for incompetence. But it's not specific to him or his team. Many (most?) bills aren't read by the legislators who vote on them, but by their staffs who summarize it.

Anyway, if you give him Liar of the Year, you have to give the insurers Dicks of the Year.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-12-2013, 02:20 PM
(19-12-2013 02:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Anyway, if you give him Liar of the Year, you have to give the insurers Dicks of the Year.

I'd give insurance companies Dicks of the Year every year. Angry

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2013, 03:58 PM
(19-12-2013 02:20 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Anyway, if you give him Liar of the Year, you have to give the insurers Dicks of the Year.

I'd give insurance companies Dicks of the Year every year. Angry

You make a good argument. Drinking Beverage