[Image: I%2Bjust%2Bcame%2Bby%2Bto%2Bsee.jpg]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-02-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Obama administration and illegal immigration
I'm sure no conservative president every did anything to give amnesty to illegal immigrants. I mean, I am sure Reagan and the Bushes all rode up and down the border with their little floppy pea shooters hanging out shooting every illegal who dared near the border.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-02-2015, 05:36 PM
(02-02-2015 05:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm sure no conservative president every did anything to give amnesty to illegal immigrants. I mean, I am sure Reagan and the Bushes all rode up and down the border with their little floppy pea shooters hanging out shooting every illegal who dared near the border.

Laugh out load that's brilliant. Big Grin

Didn't Reagan give amnesty to illegal immigrants?

Honestly most republicans don't give a shit about the illegals...all they care is that their lawns are neatly manicured, their homes cleaned, and dishes washed.....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-02-2015, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 06:08 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(02-02-2015 05:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm sure no conservative president every did anything to give amnesty to illegal immigrants. I mean, I am sure Reagan and the Bushes all rode up and down the border with their little floppy pea shooters hanging out shooting every illegal who dared near the border.

Reagan had the backing of congress, and was enforcing a bill passed by congress. Big difference.

Only congress can pass a law. Obama's executive order does more than just dictate who will be prosecuted for being here illegally. It gives work permits to people not here legally, overruling written law passed by congress. It's an extreme abuse of power. He said multiple times, all on video, that he could not do it. Then he did it anyway.

Basically, he thinks he can write his own laws, and without a veto proof majority in both chambers of congress to pass a bill overriding his order, it becomes law. That is the exact opposite of the constitution. Actually, that's practically a dictatorship. In what imaginary world does the congress have to try to pass a bill to overrule a president? It's absolutely backwards.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
02-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Obama administration and illegal immigration
I'm sure no conservative president ever issued executive orders legalizing or granting amnesty to illegal immigrants.

Hint: you should use google before you look like a real fucking moron.

-Rick
02-02-2015, 06:25 PM
(02-02-2015 06:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm sure no conservative president ever issued executive orders legalizing or granting amnesty to illegal immigrants.

It's far too late for that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-02-2015, 06:27 PM
(02-02-2015 06:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm sure no conservative president ever issued executive orders legalizing or granting amnesty to illegal immigrants.

That has no bearing on anything. Was the amnesty overbroad? Did it have the same far reaching affects? Was it MILLIONS of people? Did congress oppose the action? Did one senator or congressman speak against it? Very very very different situations.

02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Obama administration and illegal immigration
True red moron.

Don't listen to fox or Limbaugh. That shit will rot what little brains you have left.

-Rick
02-02-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 06:42 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(02-02-2015 06:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  True red moron.

Don't listen to fox or Limbaugh. That shit will rot what little brains you have left.

Never listened to Limbaugh. Rarely watch Fox. I'm an atheist and cannot stand to listen to the religious nuts. I'm more of a CNN guy, but I'm careful to weed through the biased parts.

I'm just not blind to what is happening in America right now.

Obama lied period. He said it over and over. "I can't take executive action on immigration. I can't grant amnesty."

Then he did it.

02-02-2015, 06:41 PM
(02-02-2015 04:10 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 03:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  For a president, any president, to have a policy that requires a funded bureaucracy to change how they operate is a big deal. To have them change and break the law? I call bullshit.
Pretty sure Obama did that anyway with his recent "executive order." Could be he had no direct involvement with this decision, like the IRS targeting. But people he appointed to positions are doing these things. That's why I labeled the thread Obama administration, not Obama himself.

I honestly don't know what impact those orders had on things like work permits. In theory, they should have had no impact. I thought the orders were on enforcement only, but I honestly did not pay careful attention.

I believe you're correct that the Reagan amnesty was done with Congressional agreement. Not all of them agreed, and some did raise objections, but I'm reasonably (like 95%) certain it wasn't a unilateral action by the President.

Btw, Executive Orders are not a new thing. Obama didn't invent them. I suspect you know that, but you are implying that EOs are unique to this administration. They aren't.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post