Obama administration and illegal immigration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Obama administration and illegal immigration
(02-02-2015 06:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 04:10 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Pretty sure Obama did that anyway with his recent "executive order." Could be he had no direct involvement with this decision, like the IRS targeting. But people he appointed to positions are doing these things. That's why I labeled the thread Obama administration, not Obama himself.

I honestly don't know what impact those orders had on things like work permits. In theory, they should have had no impact. I thought the orders were on enforcement only, but I honestly did not pay careful attention.

I believe you're correct that the Reagan amnesty was done with Congressional agreement. Not all of them agreed, and some did raise objections, but I'm reasonably (like 95%) certain it wasn't a unilateral action by the President.

Btw, Executive Orders are not a new thing. Obama didn't invent them. I suspect you know that, but you are implying that EOs are unique to this administration. They aren't.
Absolutely executive orders have been around since the beginning. It's what those orders do that is important. Does the order direct an organization to implement actions of a law passed by congress? Then it is legal. Does the order CHANGE a writen law without congressional approval? Then it is illegal. No matter the president, democrat or republican.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 08:04 PM
That's a very simplistic view. No president will admit to changing an existing law. Obama claims his executive orders are completely consistent with the legislation. I get you don't agree. You're not the only one. But, his lawyers say it's all ok, so no problem.

Ultimately, the only way to prove Obama wrong is to take it to court and let the Supreme Court decide. And, it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-02-2015, 08:13 PM
To me, all of you white folks are illegal immigrants. I very much enjoy seeing you all get your panties in a knot because a few "illegals" are trying to steal the country you stole from us. Nobody is more self-righteous than a thief who gets robbed. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post
02-02-2015, 09:27 PM
(02-02-2015 08:13 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  To me, all of you white folks are illegal immigrants. I very much enjoy seeing you all get your panties in a knot because a few "illegals" are trying to steal the country you stole from us. Nobody is more self-righteous than a thief who gets robbed. Big Grin

I don't remember seeing any law you people Laughat had at the time saying we couldn't come over there and take your land?

No law; no crime ;P

Now, get off my lawn!

Drinking Beverage

... unless you're mowing it.

Nice job with the begonias, btw. Thumbsup

[Image: cutcaster-photo-801039510-Begonia-Garden.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-02-2015, 09:32 AM
I made a poster on this:
[Image: JdziqC2.jpg]

I got the idea from a Lega Nord poster.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
09-02-2015, 11:05 AM
(02-02-2015 08:13 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  To me, all of you white folks are illegal immigrants. I very much enjoy seeing you all get your panties in a knot because a few "illegals" are trying to steal the country you stole from us. Nobody is more self-righteous than a thief who gets robbed. Big Grin

Nope. This whitey was born in this country.
09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
As fucked up as the congress and the electorate are now, I'd like to see the O go all gangster dictator and start issuing a shitload of EOs that piss off the UN haters.