Obama ..... admit 10,000 Syrian refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Obama ..... admit 10,000 Syrian refugees
I heard on NPR that Obama is asking to admit 10,000 refugees in the USA. Now you'd think this would be looked upon by Christians as noble and something Jesus would do but I'll bet the religious right will get their panties in such a twist it'll look like Gordian's Knot.

Just sayin.

We have friends that are Syrian. Wonderfully nice and very bright family. They went through hell getting to the USA.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-09-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Obama ..... admit 10,000 Syrian refugees
(10-09-2015 02:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'll bet the religious right will get their panties in such a twist it'll look like Gordian's Knot.

Well you know what ol' Iskander did when confronted with the Gordian knot Yes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2015, 07:51 PM
This was read at my granddaughters kindergarten orientation last week;

"Each one of us must come to care about everyone else's children. We must recognize that the well-being of our children is intimately linked to the well-being of all other peoples children. After all when one of our children needs life-saving surgery, someone else's child will perform it. When one of our children is harmed by crime, someone else's child will commit it. The good life for our own children can be secured only if it is also secured for all other peoples children."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
10-09-2015, 08:24 PM
(10-09-2015 02:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I heard on NPR that Obama is asking to admit 10,000 refugees in the USA. Now you'd think this would be looked upon by Christians as noble and something Jesus would do but I'll bet the religious right will get their panties in such a twist it'll look like Gordian's Knot.

Just sayin.

We have friends that are Syrian. Wonderfully nice and very bright family. They went through hell getting to the USA.

That's such a small number, it hardly bears mentioning. What's 10k out of potentially millions of displaced people? It's only a token signal of support for the Syrian people, so I do not see a good reason to oppose it.
10-09-2015, 08:35 PM
They actually want to up it to 100,000...
10-09-2015, 09:03 PM
(10-09-2015 02:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I heard on NPR that Obama is asking to admit 10,000 refugees in the USA. Now you'd think this would be looked upon by Christians as noble and something Jesus would do but I'll bet the religious right will get their panties in such a twist it'll look like Gordian's Knot.

Just sayin.

I don't have a problem with it.

But I am kinda an open borders guy.
10-09-2015, 11:37 PM
(10-09-2015 09:03 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  But I am kinda an open borders guy.

Conspiracy theorists without borders eh? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2015, 11:46 PM
This is what happens in my part of the world.

[Image: 4632219_orig.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.