Obama code-named ‘smart alec’ in (Visit to) Britain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Video Obama code-named ‘smart alec’ in (Visit to) Britain
THE TICKET

By Rachel Rose Hartman

[Image: AP110524119085.jpg]
Do Brits think Barack Obama is a bit of a "smart alec"?

The label certainly appears to fit in the minds of British police. Scotland Yard, the UK's police force, has given Obama the security codename 'Chalaque' for his visit this week to the United Kingdom, the UK Daily Mail reports. The term is reportedly a Punjabi word meaning someone who is too clever for his own good, according to the newspaper.

A Punjabi speaker told the newspaper that the word is 'not considered rude', but could be 'mildly offensive'. "It is also said to mean 'cheeky, crafty and cunning'," the paper notes. (Full Article & Video)

I'm hoping this is a bogus report fed to the press in the UK, just to keep them off the scent. Because I can not recall any U.S. President who's visited the UK before, having their security breached in such a way as to release the code name that keeps them safe while under the protection of local security and their own SS, before.

It's reminiscent of the security lapses back here at home, when Obama appeared at the start of his term in office, at Town Hall meetings and in the crowd it was discovered, during different appearances in different towns, that some people were carrying guns.
How does that happen? Especially when one such person had a tee shirt on bearing a condensed version of the Jefferson quote about the blood of patriots!

Now he's in the UK,having been given a security code name from the Punjabi language and it's not a matter of national security. It's a matter of headlines!

I'll be amazed if Obama is re-elected if he makes it 8 years. Considering how it seems even his own security team here and those abroad, don't want him to survive even the first.
Outrageous! No matter what someone thinks of his politics, or how partisan loyalist they are, he's a husband and father first and always. The loss would devastate children forever. And if it was due to a lapse in security in any location, it would shame everyone entrusted to his protection as well.

Good luck, sir! I hope to see you home walking from Air Force 1 and not being carried from it.
Quote this message in a reply