Obama: executive action to expand background checks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Obama: executive action to expand background checks
(24-12-2015 05:32 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 04:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Hey Girly, Azaraith says that I'm scared of being a victim of violence.
Think he has a point? Laugh out load

No. He ain't seen the shit you seen.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-12-2015, 06:10 PM
(24-12-2015 06:01 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Being wrong is your right, but the arrogance is amusing. I'd actually be debating rather than flippantly responding if I thought Slow or anyone else here actually cared about facts and not just maintaining their anti-gun stance. Unlike you all I've been on both sides of both arguments and the gun control aide really has no ground to stand on. You and people like you display it every time your politicians take stage and rant about doing things about it, while describing everything inaccurately - like the idiot who proclaimed that people would run out of high capacity magazines as the ammo was used.

See what I mean Slow? Gun fundamentalist.

It is a waste of time.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-12-2015, 06:18 PM
(24-12-2015 05:40 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 04:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thumbsup

That's going here.

Of course a girly man would like that.

(24-12-2015 05:03 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  This seriously made me laugh. Take my word for it or don't , violence doesn't scare me.

Really?
My country with "idiotic legislation" 1.2 murder rate /100 to 120 murders per year.

Your country with "smart" legislation 3.6 murder rate / 14.000 murders per year.

Japan with the strictest gun laws in the world among the developed countries.....0.3 murder rate.

Also....

In the U.S. for 2010, there were 31,513 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 19,308; Homicide 11,015; Accident 600. This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S. The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, declined to 1999, and has remained relatively constant since. However, firearms injuries remain a leading cause of death in the U.S., particularly among youth (CDC, 2001) (Sherry et al, 2012).
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTO...NSTAT.html

What we do know is that in 2011, there were 14,675 unintentional, non-fatal firearms injuries in the US. Some percentage of these are self-inflicted.

This includes both people who accidently shoot themselves, and people who accidently shoot someone else.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-people-ac...every-year

A new study finds 110 US children die in accidental shootings each year

Is that so?

The vast majority of guns used in 15 recent mass shootings, including at least two of the guns used in the San Bernardino attack, were bought legally and with a federal background check. At least eight gunmen had criminal histories or documented mental health problems that did not prevent them from obtaining their weapons.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/....html?_r=0

One of us is definitely clueless about the practical realities, but it ain't me.

More kids are accidentally killed in accidents with cars, ban them. Same with balloons, bags and other asphyxiation accidents. You parrot stats with no context or relevance.

I don't give a fuck about your shit hole country, you're comparing apples and oranges. The stats are largely driven by the drug war, which isn't as hot in tea and crumpets land as in the US. If you're not even American, shut the fuck up about our laws and bugger off.

Those shooters didn't have felonies, if you could read you would have seen that's clearly what I stated. If I actually gave a damn about what you gun control shits think or say I'd spend more than a couple minutes on a response, but you're not worth the time. Your views are as likely to change anything as God showing himself. You shirk personal responsibility and instead try to make things about the state controlling everything. Fuck that mindset.

Awwww, look how upset you are, so cute.

Quote:which isn't as hot in tea and crumpets land as in the US.
Is this you assuming I am British? My English must be getting better...

Quote: I'd spend more than a couple minutes on a response
Please don't , I've read enough of your drivel already.

And, btw, I'm going to discuss your laws as much as I want. What will you do to stop me?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 7 users Like Slowminded's post
24-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Not everyone who disagrees with you is a fundamentalist. I just don't feel like spending real time on Xmas eve debating things with people like you rather than with my family. Idiotic videos aren't arguments.

Better without God, and happier too.
24-12-2015, 06:22 PM
(24-12-2015 06:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  See what I mean Slow? Gun fundamentalist.

It is a waste of time.

Yeah, I know. Just killing time a bit.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
24-12-2015, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2015 06:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-12-2015 06:18 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Not everyone who disagrees with you is a fundamentalist. I just don't feel like spending real time on Xmas eve debating things with people like you rather than with my family. Idiotic videos aren't arguments.

You ever stood next to a mate and watched his head get blown off?

#sigh
24-12-2015, 06:25 PM
(24-12-2015 06:18 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Not everyone who disagrees with you is a fundamentalist. I just don't feel like spending real time on Xmas eve debating things with people like you rather than with my family. Idiotic videos aren't arguments.

Hey I worked as a hunter professionally.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-01-2016, 08:55 AM
(24-12-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You ever stood next to a mate and watched his head get blown off?

Do you do that often?
03-01-2016, 09:27 AM
(22-12-2015 08:51 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 06:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you will still have to have a NICS check done.
I suggest you read up on the law a bit, as you aren't informed here. CHL serves as a substitute for an NICS check in many states, including Texas. I have a CHL and know the law regarding firearms in my state better than you do, apparently. See this chart via the ATF: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulation...rmit-chart

Thanks, I did not know that. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2016, 12:51 PM
So Obama apparently told congress today that among other things he intends to broaden the requirements on who is required to obtain a Federal Firearms License (FFL). The intent is to require certain people that sell guns at gun shows that don’t currently have an FFL to get one. They will then be required to perform whatever kind of background check is required by the states.

As of now I haven’t seen and don’t even know if the proposed changes have been published so I don’t know exactly what they are. BUT. I don’t see how exercising this type of executive action could be construed by the courts as the president exceeding his authority. These types of rules are not currently defined by congress. They fall under the purview of the ATF. I believe they listed under the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 27 Chapter II Subchapter B Part 478 Subpart D. If the AFT wants to change them all they need to do is publish the proposed changes for comments then incorporate them into the CFR. The AFT is part of the executive branch not the legislative branch of our government. i.e. They work at the direction of the president. If congress doesn’t like it they can pass a law that changes the requirement for who is required to obtain an FFL, and take the AFT out of the loop. Otherwise what Obama is planning looks legit to me.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post