Obama: executive action to expand background checks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Obama: executive action to expand background checks
Heard the President's speech....

Ohhhh noo... we won't take away your rights......

Just your money.........................................

Here's how it would work under the Obama plan -----

There will be NO private sales.

No, they didn't prohibit them --- BUT --- what they DO want to do -- is require everyone at a gun show to have an FFL (federal firearms license).

AND -- BATF will NOT issue an FFL to anyone who does NOT have a store front. That is -- unless you have a brick and mortar building - they won't give you an FFL --- (which is last I heard $1500 a year to maintain if they WILL give you one)

So - presumably - the only place you'd be able to sell a gun is at a gun shop with an FFL ---- who will pay you bottom dollar (now) --- and if this goes into effect -- you'll get pennies on the dollar...........

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Glad I don't have any guns I want to sell...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2016, 01:16 PM
(05-01-2016 01:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There will be NO private sales.

According to who?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
05-01-2016, 01:19 PM
(05-01-2016 01:16 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  

According to who?

Hysterical gun nuts

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-01-2016, 01:21 PM
(05-01-2016 01:16 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  

According to who?

How are you going to sell your guns???

Hang out in dark alleys and say "Hey buddy want to buy a gun??"

If you want real money for your stuff -- you get a table and sell at a gun show.

You're fucked. You'll have to have an FFL to sell at a gun show - and they won't GIVE you an FFL......

Clear??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-01-2016, 01:26 PM
yay Big Grin

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
05-01-2016, 01:29 PM

No, they didn't prohibit them --- BUT --- what they DO want to do -- is require everyone at a gun show to have an FFL (federal firearms license).

No. Private sellers in a gun show or otherwise will have to conduct their transaction through a dealer who has an FFL, and who will conduct the background check. Currently here in Michigan dealers charge ~$30 for this service. It's nothing new.

[Quote]AND -- BATF will NOT issue an FFL to anyone who does NOT have a store front. That is -- unless you have a brick and mortar building - they won't give you an FFL [/quote ]

No. Many (most?) FFL holders work out of their basements. Some don't even carry an inventory, but sell entirely via drop-ship or special order.
05-01-2016, 01:31 PM

05-01-2016, 01:31 PM

05-01-2016, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 02:35 PM by Adrianime.)
Holy crap.

I was just reading this article: https://news.yahoo.com/us-needs-feel-sen...14840.html

EDIT: Just so it is obvious why this is related, the article is titled: Tearful Obama pleads for 'urgency' on gun control

And one of the comments on the page is as follows:
Quote:joe 37 minutes ago 9 74
I voted for Obama but that was a huge mistake. I finally realize that thhis man is controlled by demonic forces to totally destroy what's left of a once Christian America. There was always evil in America and many hypocritical Christians who gave a bad name to the holy Christian religion. Obama and the (Je...)wish bankers who control him accelerated the evil in our schools, in our government and in the general population. Now they are after destroying the Constitution by destroying the Bill of Rights.

THAT COMMENT HAS OVER 70 LIKES and LESS THAN 10 dislikes. America...what a shame. Facepalm

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
05-01-2016, 01:56 PM
What I don't get is all this opposition to expanding background checks, and what Obama can do through executive action is rather limited unfortunately. Worst case scenario now if you go to a gun show and want to buy a gun from a random guy wandering around is that you would have to go to a table and pay 20-30 dollars to have them do the transfer for you.

I would rather have that minor inconvenience instead of having some crazy person getting thier hands on a gun easily.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan