Obama: executive action to expand background checks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Obama: executive action to expand background checks
(14-12-2015 10:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 09:49 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Licensing owners and registering firearms are separate issues.

Nice dodge....

You're still overlooking the fact -- yes - FACT -- that the only people that will comply with registering either themselves or their firearms are the LAW ABIDING citizens....

Criminals and whackos, as usual will just keep on doing what they do....

So all your wonderful plans amount to naught...

I'm not dodging shit Biker. Licensing firearms owners is just another method of performing background checks to ensure the person buying the gun is legally allowed to have one. I don't have a problem with doing everything we can to ensure that a convicted violent felon or someone that was just released from the loony bin can't go down to Larry's Pistol and Pawn and pick up an new AR 15, ten 30 round magazines and a thousand rounds of ammo as long as it doesn't affect someone who isn't ineligible from doing so doing so.

Licensing owners does not stop law abiding citizens from obtaining firearms from legal sources. Neither does it stop criminals from getting guns. It does however help to limit them to obtaining those guns from illegal sources.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
14-12-2015, 10:52 AM
(14-12-2015 10:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:16 AM)epronovost Wrote:  An Ak-47 with a standard magasine has 30 rounds and can be emptied in about 3 seconds in full automatic. Other wepaon of that class have a similar rate of fire on full automatic. Which gives you about 10 rounds per second. The famous Uzi also has a similar fire rate. In short, a single soliders today has the firepower of a bit over 200 soldiers of the 1800th century (about three shots per minutes for the well trained ones, a single one for your traditionnal militia men). I hope this help you a bit.

Show me a bunch of guys with single shots shooting - and they're likely to hit what they're aiming at most of the time....

Show me some guy emptying out an AK-47 in one burst - and I'll show you a guy that just wasted a whole lot of ammo -- hitting nothing he was aiming at...

So, don't give me this "power of 200" bullshit.....

Because that's what it is -- -bullshit.....

What makes ANY firearm deadly is the skill and will of a competent shooter.

What's bullshit is you lean on the 2nd Amendment which says nothing about private persons having gun rights.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2015, 11:18 AM
(14-12-2015 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What's bullshit is you lean on the 2nd Amendment which says nothing about private persons having gun rights.

That's your opinion. It's an opinion the courts and most Americans, including non gun owners, disagree with.

[Image: individual%20right%20poll_zps98gyjqq5.jpg]

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
14-12-2015, 03:35 PM
(14-12-2015 07:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 12:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Is it unreasonable to require all gun owners to be licenced?

Reasonable has little to do with the outcome...

The only people who will register their guns (if required) are the law abiding sort --- who were never the problem in the first place.

When you can figure out how to get CRIMINALS to volunteer to register their guns - you'll be on to something.......... Somehow, I don't see this happening...

Er... why do you have laws against murder? After all murderers will not comply with them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-12-2015, 05:06 PM
(14-12-2015 10:16 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  What firearm has that rate of fire? Consider

The militia consists of all the Joe Blows.

An Ak-47 with a standard magasine has 30 rounds and can be emptied in about 3 seconds in full automatic. Other wepaon of that class have a similar rate of fire on full automatic. Which gives you about 10 rounds per second. The famous Uzi also has a similar fire rate. In short, a single soliders today has the firepower of a bit over 200 soldiers of the 1800th century (about three shots per minutes for the well trained ones, a single one for your traditionnal militia men). I hope this help you a bit.

I believe we were talking about firearms generally available to civilians. Dodgy

And the rate of fire for an AK-47 on full-auto is nowhere near that, it is 100 rounds per minute, about 1.67 rounds per second.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2015, 05:08 PM
(14-12-2015 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Show me a bunch of guys with single shots shooting - and they're likely to hit what they're aiming at most of the time....

Show me some guy emptying out an AK-47 in one burst - and I'll show you a guy that just wasted a whole lot of ammo -- hitting nothing he was aiming at...

So, don't give me this "power of 200" bullshit.....

Because that's what it is -- -bullshit.....

What makes ANY firearm deadly is the skill and will of a competent shooter.

What's bullshit is you lean on the 2nd Amendment which says nothing about private persons having gun rights.

You are wrong and SCOTUS said so.

14-12-2015, 05:12 PM
(14-12-2015 03:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 07:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Reasonable has little to do with the outcome...

The only people who will register their guns (if required) are the law abiding sort --- who were never the problem in the first place.

When you can figure out how to get CRIMINALS to volunteer to register their guns - you'll be on to something.......... Somehow, I don't see this happening...

Er... why do you have laws against murder? After all murderers will not comply with them.

There already are plenty of laws against minors, felons, and the mentally incompetent owning firearms.

14-12-2015, 05:59 PM
(14-12-2015 05:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 10:16 AM)epronovost Wrote:  An Ak-47 with a standard magasine has 30 rounds and can be emptied in about 3 seconds in full automatic. Other wepaon of that class have a similar rate of fire on full automatic. Which gives you about 10 rounds per second. The famous Uzi also has a similar fire rate. In short, a single soliders today has the firepower of a bit over 200 soldiers of the 1800th century (about three shots per minutes for the well trained ones, a single one for your traditionnal militia men). I hope this help you a bit.

I believe we were talking about firearms generally available to civilians. Dodgy

And the rate of fire for an AK-47 on full-auto is nowhere near that, it is 100 rounds per minute, about 1.67 rounds per second.

No. It's 600 rounds a minute. An AR 15 does 800. Both can be bought in the US in non semi auto versions according to this article.
http://www.diffen.com/difference/AK-47_vs_AR-15

As a demonstration, this is full auto in the video , don't know where you got 100 rounds per minute. You can shoot semi auto at that speed.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
14-12-2015, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2015 06:12 PM by Chas.)
(14-12-2015 05:59 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 05:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  I believe we were talking about firearms generally available to civilians. Dodgy

No. It's 600 rounds a minute. An AR 15 does 800. Both can be bought in the US in non semi auto versions according to this article.

In theory, it has a 600 RPM rate (burst rate), but it has a practical rate of fire of 100 RPM.
Notice the time to change magazines and seat a new cartridge.

Quote:http://www.diffen.com/difference/AK-47_vs_AR-15

As a demonstration, this is full auto in the video , don't know where you got 100 rounds per minute. You can shoot semi auto at that speed.

One cannot sustain 100 RPM on semi-auto; 40 RPM is a practical semi-auto rate.

Also, what is a "non semi auto version"? Consider

14-12-2015, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2015 06:41 PM by Slowminded.)
(14-12-2015 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 05:59 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  No. It's 600 rounds a minute. An AR 15 does 800. Both can be bought in the US in non semi auto versions according to this article.

In theory, it has a 600 RPM rate (burst rate), but it has a practical rate of fire of 100 RPM.
Notice the time to change magazines and seat a new cartridge.

Quote:http://www.diffen.com/difference/AK-47_vs_AR-15

One cannot sustain 100 RPM on semi-auto; 40 RPM is a practical semi-auto rate.

Also, what is a "non semi auto version"? Consider
Sure , but the "13 rounds in one second " claim was questioned. Not how much is practical in one minute. You can obviously do 10 rounds in one second, not 1.67

Even 100 practical per minute is way too low. The soldier in the video did 90 rounds in 24 seconds even fumbling the third clip.

Quote:Also, what is a "non semi auto version"? Consider
Mistype, started typing "non full auto" but then changed it, forgot to delete non . I meant semi auto.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's