Obama forgets to thank God, christian wingnuts outraged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Obama forgets to thank God, christian wingnuts outraged

Quote:As Americans, each of us has our own list of things and people to be thankful for. But there are some blessings we all share.

We’re especially grateful for the men and women who defend our country overseas. To all the service members eating Thanksgiving dinner far from your families: the American people are thinking of you today. And when you come home, we intend to make sure that we serve you as well as you’re serving America.

We’re also grateful for the Americans who are taking time out of their holiday to serve in soup kitchens and shelters, making sure their neighbors have a hot meal and a place to stay. This sense of mutual responsibility – the idea that I am my brother’s keeper; that I am my sister’s keeper – has always been a part of what makes our country special. And it’s one of the reasons the Thanksgiving tradition has endured.

This is the vile speech spoken out by Satan's minion Obama. You can clearly see he's pure evil for advocating the burning of churches, eating babies and drowning the US in a flaming sea of fire. Ok, it's not LITERALLY in his speech, but since he left God out, he must mean these other things. Big Grin

You can read more about it here, here and here (or just google it)

Frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about, but apparently it outraged some wingnuts. So, a few questions to our American atheists;

- How do you feel about thanksgiving?
- Is God important in this holiday? (compared to X-mans and Easter)
- Is Obama a closet atheist being as secular as he can be under the pressure of (religious) lobbyists?

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
25-11-2011, 06:10 AM
RE: Obama forgets to thank God, christian wingnuts outraged
Never mind about God. The bastard didn't refer to FSM in any way! I don't know how you Americans can cope with such an oppressive monster as President.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-11-2011, 12:52 AM
And according to the menu, there was no spaghetti with meatballs either. This calls for a holy war! Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
26-11-2011, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 05:50 PM by Spectre.)
It's important that God be kept within the church and not forced on to other people. If Obama thanked God on air he wouldn't be fair to muslims, hindus and other religions. Who or what Obama wants to be thankful for is really his business. If people feel that God is not shown into the public enough, perhaps they should put the energy that they waste on being offended into helping the needy and telling them about God. As if Obama thanking God is going to bring anyone to Christ. Just saying.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Spectre's post
26-11-2011, 02:16 PM

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
27-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe we finally have a president who is willing to act as if christianity isn't the only faith that is represented in this county. Putting a little chink in the wall for the next guy/gal willing to do the same.
Re: the wingnuts--some people just need to hate.
27-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately he has pretty well eliminated his chances in the next election. The way the american political aura has taken recently is definitely not one favorable to those using reason to make their decisions. I blame the current economical climate and the republicans having a very effective fear mongering/misinformation campaign going. They seem to have a very strong foothold as of late, and are much better at using the media to distort reality and make them look like the more effective party. I think it's their lack of conscience. Which is interesting considering who they are and what they claim about their supposed higher morality due to the book they are claiming should be used to guide americas direction... when will we learn?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
27-11-2011, 08:42 PM
wait we're saying a republican candidate seems voteable now? since when? I just see them get worse and worse.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
27-11-2011, 09:47 PM
If I were you Lilith I would hurry your ass up to Canada.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
27-11-2011, 09:48 PM
i am trying, got a spare room?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.