Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Obama on guns. Viral vid
Now, as it may be known, I dislike guns. But what Obama says here sounds like plain common sense to me.

Summary: Guy asks, why are you trying to take our guns instead of the bad guys' guns? You see how well Chicago is doing.
Obama answers.

What do you think?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
03-06-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
Obama kind of missed the point. He skirted around the real issue. It's not about background checks. Most gun owners are fine with background checks. They did a background check on me when I got my concealed weapon permit. I receive a background check every time I go to the gun store to buy a firearm.

The real issue the man was talking about is in most Democrat controlled cities or states, the citizens have no access to concealed carry permits. The criminals are running around with guns, but upstanding citizens who can pass a background check with no problem can't even leave their residence with their gun unless it's locked in the trunk of their vehicle. The point the guy was making is that the criminals will still carry guns illegally, even if they are felons and can't own a gun to begin with. A good citizen is at the mercy of the criminals and the government that won't let them protect themselves.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-06-2016, 09:57 AM
He didn't answer the second question.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-06-2016, 11:02 AM
The person asking the question didn't mention concealed carry.

(03-06-2016 09:57 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  He didn't answer the second question.
Which question was that?

03-06-2016, 11:38 AM
I'm a Brit hand guns have been banned here for the mid 90s but gun crime has increased exponentially since we started admitting eastern European peoples to the EU. I can get a live 9mm pistol with ammo quicker than you can say hello bought in from the ex communist states a 7•65mm hand gun is even cheaper
03-06-2016, 11:59 AM
(03-06-2016 11:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  The person asking the question didn't mention concealed carry.

Which question was that?

Why liberal cities where concealed carry is not allowed still has a gun problem and no one can defend themselves.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-06-2016, 12:10 PM
(03-06-2016 11:59 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 11:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  The person asking the question didn't mention concealed carry.

Which question was that?

Why liberal cities where concealed carry is not allowed still has a gun problem and no one can defend themselves.
While concealed carry was not mentioned in the question, I think his answer to "why there is a gun problem" is addressed in him explaining that gun violence needs to be studied and safety measures need to be put in place.

And, honestly I don't think there is a clear answer to that question. Definitely not a 5 minute answer. Personally, I think over-saturation has to do with it. Also poverty, gang culture, lack of enforcement. But I'm not qualified to try to tackle that question.

03-06-2016, 12:30 PM
The reason politician like gun control laws --- because it makes it LOOK like they're addressing the problem.

They're not of course. The only people gun control laws affect (the law abiding) are the ones who were never the problem in the first place.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-06-2016, 12:44 PM

Which question was that?

He didn't directly mention concealed carry, however he implied it by using the words "access to firearms to protect themselves." It's already legal to own a gun in Chicago, obviously he meant to carry for protection. If I can legally own a handgun, it is of no use to me if I can't leave the house with it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-06-2016, 11:51 AM
I've never understood the whole "carry a gun on your person to protect yourself" argument. It would seem that any time someone is going to mug or attack you with a gun, they already have it drawn. You'd have to be one impressive quick draw expert to be able to defend yourself from someone who already has a gun drawn on you. Do they typically announce their intentions before the attack?

It seems the only way it'd help is either if you preemptively draw it if you feel threatened (escalation much?) or if you pull your gun to protect someone else.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post