Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
(12-06-2016 02:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Way to miss the point. 1 attack vs (since that attack) one every 64 days. By any Matrix their approach works better.

Still an attack and the most deadly attack in modern history.

The point is strict gun laws is supposed to stop them from happening which it won't, I said it would decrease them but it won't stop them.

Yes a 1 off, and not indicative of the failure of the system. A determined individual who is willing to die can cause massive damage. The response by Norway was such that since not one incident has happened. We have one ever 64 days.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
(12-06-2016 02:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Still an attack and the most deadly attack in modern history.

The point is strict gun laws is supposed to stop them from happening which it won't, I said it would decrease them but it won't stop them.

Yes a 1 off, and not indicative of the failure of the system. A determined individual who is willing to die can cause massive damage. The response by Norway was such that since not one incident has happened. We have one ever 64 days.

Never said it was a failure, it is obviously working, but especially here in the US where guns are everywhere, it's not going to do as much as people believe. Is it worth a try? Sure! but we have to tackle the problem from more than one angle.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-06-2016, 02:12 PM
(12-06-2016 01:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Norway has strong gun laws but it didn't prevent the attack. Yes, strong laws will help but you cannot expect it to just stop, someone will find a way just like they did in Norway.

Way to miss the point. 1 attack vs (since that attack) one every 64 days. By any Matrix their approach works better.

You're making an unwarranted assumption -- you're assuming "stronger gun laws" cause people to be less prone to violence......

Isn't it just as - if not more likely -- that the people in Norway tend to be less violent than those in the USA????

If the simple availability of guns and ammo caused people to become violent - every gun shop and gun show would end in a bloodbath.......

Oddly -- it keeps failing to happen...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-06-2016, 02:17 PM
(12-06-2016 01:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Norway attacks one usa attacks.....er I've lost count.

Norway has strong gun laws but it didn't prevent the attack. Yes, strong laws will help but you cannot expect it to just stop, someone will find a way just like they did in Norway.

I agree with you entirely people intent on harming others will always find a way and no one is suggesting you will stop killings that's not what I'm saying but strong gun laws help massively that's my point one massacre in comparison to... well like I said I've lost count, that's not an excuse for weak gun laws imho or the allowance of auto / semi auto firearms like the mac 10 no one uses one of those to kill a deer. Hunting rifles and shotguns should also be regulated but in America in particular are I believe necessary. I just find it frightening the frequency and lethality of these attacks but more so the desire to protect firearms culture in the face of so much death and mayhem. Its the seeming lack of will and seeming lack of respect for life and the desire for change that I find really upsetting. If you can furnish me with an explanation or anything else that can give me insight to help me understand why in the face even of the death of your own countries children that keeps you guys so gun-centric I want to hear it so I can understand.
12-06-2016, 02:24 PM
(12-06-2016 02:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Norway has strong gun laws but it didn't prevent the attack. Yes, strong laws will help but you cannot expect it to just stop, someone will find a way just like they did in Norway.

I agree with you entirely people intent on harming others will always find a way and no one is suggesting you will stop killings that's not what I'm saying but strong gun laws help massively that's my point one massacre in comparison to... well like I said I've lost count, that's not an excuse for weak gun laws imho or the allowance of auto / semi auto firearms like the mac 10 no one uses one of those to kill a deer. Hunting rifles and shotguns should also be regulated but in America in particular are I believe necessary. I just find it frightening the frequency and lethality of these attacks but more so the desire to protect firearms culture in the face of so much death and mayhem. Its the seeming lack of will and seeming lack of respect for life and the desire for change that I find really upsetting. If you can furnish me with an explanation or anything else that can give me insight to help me understand why in the face even of the death of your own countries children that keeps you guys so gun-centric I want to hear it so I can understand.

I never touched or owned a gun. Only think I can think of is there is already so many guns out there, why take away the only chance civilians have to be on equal grounds with criminals. It'd be like disarming a military on enemy territory. Criminals and bad guys won't give up their guns like civilians would then civilians would be outmatched. Would you rather break into home that you know doesn't have a gun owner inside or one that might?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-06-2016, 02:38 PM
(12-06-2016 02:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I agree with you entirely people intent on harming others will always find a way and no one is suggesting you will stop killings that's not what I'm saying but strong gun laws help massively that's my point one massacre in comparison to... well like I said I've lost count, that's not an excuse for weak gun laws imho or the allowance of auto / semi auto firearms like the mac 10 no one uses one of those to kill a deer. Hunting rifles and shotguns should also be regulated but in America in particular are I believe necessary. I just find it frightening the frequency and lethality of these attacks but more so the desire to protect firearms culture in the face of so much death and mayhem. Its the seeming lack of will and seeming lack of respect for life and the desire for change that I find really upsetting. If you can furnish me with an explanation or anything else that can give me insight to help me understand why in the face even of the death of your own countries children that keeps you guys so gun-centric I want to hear it so I can understand.

I never touched or owned a gun. Only think I can think of is there is already so many guns out there, why take away the only chance civilians have to be on equal grounds with criminals. It'd be like disarming a military on enemy territory. Criminals and bad guys won't give up their guns like civilians would then civilians would be outmatched. Would you rather break into home that you know doesn't have a gun owner inside or one that might?
Yes I see your point that makes a lot of sense, rather sad though that lack of firearms legislation and a huge gun culture has made the possession of such items necessary for personal security
12-06-2016, 02:41 PM
(12-06-2016 02:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I never touched or owned a gun. Only think I can think of is there is already so many guns out there, why take away the only chance civilians have to be on equal grounds with criminals. It'd be like disarming a military on enemy territory. Criminals and bad guys won't give up their guns like civilians would then civilians would be outmatched. Would you rather break into home that you know doesn't have a gun owner inside or one that might?
Yes I see your point that makes a lot of sense, rather sad though that lack of firearms legislation and a huge gun culture has made the possession of such items necessary for personal security

Only way it'd work is if we really pushed to get them out of criminals hands than slowly disarm civilians but that is way easier said than done.

12-06-2016, 02:55 PM
(12-06-2016 02:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes I see your point that makes a lot of sense, rather sad though that lack of firearms legislation and a huge gun culture has made the possession of such items necessary for personal security

Only way it'd work is if we really pushed to get them out of criminals hands than slowly disarm civilians but that is way easier said than done.
I don't reckon its possible so I guess your stuck with the situation which must be horrendous, its kinda like groundhog day repeating itself with monotonous regularity
12-06-2016, 03:17 PM
(12-06-2016 02:55 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Only way it'd work is if we really pushed to get them out of criminals hands than slowly disarm civilians but that is way easier said than done.
I don't reckon its possible so I guess your stuck with the situation which must be horrendous, its kinda like groundhog day repeating itself with monotonous regularity
Yes it is.

Here's what happens...

Criminal A does something heinous with a firearm.
Politician B cries "We gotta DO something"!! and passes a law - which only law abiding citizen C abides.
Citizen C - is screwed

repeat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2016, 03:27 AM
(12-06-2016 03:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:55 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I don't reckon its possible so I guess your stuck with the situation which must be horrendous, its kinda like groundhog day repeating itself with monotonous regularity
Yes it is.

Here's what happens...

Criminal A does something heinous with a firearm.
Politician B cries "We gotta DO something"!! and passes a law - which only law abiding citizen C abides.
Citizen C - is screwed

repeat

Yup, point taken I can see how this works. Its kinda sad though as it means your always going to have this problem but I guess you are between a rock and a hard place.