Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 04:55 AM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
But you also need to understand that the assumption that the targeted victim is armed is not a real deterrent for the criminal, it just makes him more aggressive and violent.

There is no criminal who thinks "Shit, everybody is armed, now I have to give up my life of crime and go flip burgers for a living".
What they do think is "fucker is probably packing, I better shoot him in the head before he gets the chance to react"

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2016, 05:08 AM
(12-06-2016 02:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They also mentioned the shooter had some sort of "Security Guard" clearances (not sure what that entails)...

Unless they've changed the laws since 1979 it means he could be employed as an armed security guard. I had some classroom time and range qual plus background check. It was a little harder than getting a CDL.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2016, 05:43 AM
(13-06-2016 04:55 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  But you also need to understand that the assumption that the targeted victim is armed is not a real deterrent for the criminal, it just makes him more aggressive and violent.

There is no criminal who thinks "Shit, everybody is armed, now I have to give up my life of crime and go flip burgers for a living".
What they do think is "fucker is probably packing, I better shoot him in the head before he gets the chance to react"

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've heard today............

What you're saying - is "roll over and enjoy it" ------ what used to be the advice people would give to rape victims ----- because otherwise "The criminal will escalate".............

You roll over...

I'll carry a gun.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-06-2016, 05:58 AM
(13-06-2016 04:55 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  But you also need to understand that the assumption that the targeted victim is armed is not a real deterrent for the criminal, it just makes him more aggressive and violent.

Ummmm no. Most criminals want to get out alive. If they really thought "fucker is probably packing, I better shoot him in the head before he gets the chance to react"
then most people would be dead, but last I check most bank robbers don't go in guns blazing with a mask on, no they go in as normal and slip papers with threats. They don't want to get violent if they don't have to, they just want to get their money or whatever and get out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-06-2016, 06:23 AM
(13-06-2016 05:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've heard today............

What you're saying - is "roll over and enjoy it" ------ what used to be the advice people would give to rape victims ----- because otherwise "The criminal will escalate".............

You roll over...

I'll carry a gun.

You are dense, aren`t you?

What I was saying is that you having a gun is not going to stop a criminal from attempting to rob you, in a sense that people should not kid themselves in thinking that being armed is in itself enough to stop a criminal unless you are willing, ready and trained to use it, and that otherwise they might just end up dead instead of just robbed.

Quote:I'll carry a gun.

Woow, you are such a tough guy, you are so tough that you are afraid to leave your home without a gun.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
13-06-2016, 06:35 AM
(13-06-2016 05:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Ummmm no. Most criminals want to get out alive. If they really thought "fucker is probably packing, I better shoot him in the head before he gets the chance to react"
then most people would be dead, but last I check most bank robbers don't go in guns blazing with a mask on, no they go in as normal and slip papers with threats. They don't want to get violent if they don't have to, they just want to get their money or whatever and get out.

Of course they want to get out alive and they prefer not to go blazing in, but , exactly as you put it "They don't want to get violent if they don't have to" ,but if they think you have a gun and you are likely to use it they then they have to get more violent. They are not going to go "let`s go fishing instead".
The more resistance criminals assume that they will encounter , the more violent their approach will be.

13-06-2016, 06:40 AM
(13-06-2016 05:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They also mentioned the shooter had some sort of "Security Guard" clearances (not sure what that entails)...

Unless they've changed the laws since 1979 it means he could be employed as an armed security guard. I had some classroom time and range qual plus background check. It was a little harder than getting a CDL.

It was quite easy in Canada. I had to take a weekend class (mostly theory with about an hour of hands on with unloaded weapons) to get my possession and acquisition license that covers both restricted and unrestricted firearms. The security guard license required for both armed and unarmed security jobs requires about a week of instruction followed by a written test which is graded on a curve based on the supply/demand predictions of security jobs available. I ended up having to get like a %60. PAL and security license in hand, which took a grand total of about a week and a half of class time and another two months of waiting for administrative purposes and a ~$500 investment to obtain, armed security jobs are pretty easy to get and start at $20+ per hour at the low end. Typical armed security jobs like cash transit barely require a day of range time for their own training.

It isn't until you get into higher end jobs, like the nuclear response team I intend to try for once I get my citizenship (I absolutely do not want to make a career out of corrections), that you actually have to have some substantial experience and training.

'Murican Canadian
13-06-2016, 07:34 AM
(13-06-2016 06:35 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 05:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Ummmm no. Most criminals want to get out alive. If they really thought "fucker is probably packing, I better shoot him in the head before he gets the chance to react"

Of course they want to get out alive and they prefer not to go blazing in, but , exactly as you put it "They don't want to get violent if they don't have to" ,but if they think you have a gun and you are likely to use it they then they have to get more violent. They are not going to go "let`s go fishing instead".
The more resistance criminals assume that they will encounter , the more violent their approach will be.

Unless they are really desperate, the more resistance they assume they will encounter, the less likely they will attempt it. Why do you think gun shops are never robbed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-06-2016, 07:55 AM
(13-06-2016 06:23 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 05:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've heard today............

You roll over...

I'll carry a gun.

You are dense, aren`t you?

What I was saying is that you having a gun is not going to stop a criminal from attempting to rob you, in a sense that people should not kid themselves in thinking that being armed is in itself enough to stop a criminal unless you are willing, ready and trained to use it, and that otherwise they might just end up dead instead of just robbed.

Quote:I'll carry a gun.

Woow, you are such a tough guy, you are so tough that you are afraid to leave your home without a gun.

Dense??

You know what's dense???

You expecting to be treated nice by criminals, if you're unarmed.

Good luck with that.

"They're not going to fuck you because they think you're gay - they're going to fuck you just to see that look on your face".... --- Richard Pryor in Stir Crazy

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2016, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 08:03 AM by Slowminded.)
(13-06-2016 07:34 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 06:35 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Of course they want to get out alive and they prefer not to go blazing in, but , exactly as you put it "They don't want to get violent if they don't have to" ,but if they think you have a gun and you are likely to use it they then they have to get more violent. They are not going to go "let`s go fishing instead".

Unless they are really desperate, the more resistance they assume they will encounter, the less likely they will attempt it. Why do you think gun shops are never robbed.
Well, they are

http://www.fox34.com/story/30311117/gun-...ng-robbery

from the link:

A store employee was shot by a robber who held up a gun store

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/fbi-armed-rob...e/39868610

again, from the article :

where one held the employee on the floor at gunpoint, authorities said.
Authorities said shots were fired by the robbers

Gun store owner killed, 3 suspects wounded during botched robbery

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/.../70275198/

The indictment alleges the men traveled to Maxie's gun store in North Vernon in September to examine the inventory. The men returned the next day, shot and killed Maxie, and then stole dozens of firearms from the store.

So, even gun stores get robbed, and even tho the victims have abundance of weapons at their disposal it is usually the employees who get shot or killed.