Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
(13-06-2016 07:58 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:34 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Unless they are really desperate, the more resistance they assume they will encounter, the less likely they will attempt it. Why do you think gun shops are never robbed.
Well, they are

http://www.fox34.com/story/30311117/gun-...ng-robbery

from the link:

A store employee was shot by a robber who held up a gun store

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/fbi-armed-rob...e/39868610

again, from the article :

where one held the employee on the floor at gunpoint, authorities said.
Authorities said shots were fired by the robbers

Gun store owner killed, 3 suspects wounded during botched robbery

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/.../70275198/

The indictment alleges the men traveled to Maxie's gun store in North Vernon in September to examine the inventory. The men returned the next day, shot and killed Maxie, and then stole dozens of firearms from the store.

So, even gun stores get robbed, and even tho the victims have abundance of weapons at their disposal it is usually the employees who get shot or killed.

Now compare that to how many banks and gas stations are robbed, there are idiot criminals but most will take the easiest route to get what they want because most are not willing to die for it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2016, 08:05 AM
A guy got hit and killed by a meteor last year, I'm betting you can find that on the internet as well.

It doesn't however, make it a common occurrence...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2016, 08:08 AM
(13-06-2016 08:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A guy got hit and killed by a meteor last year, I'm betting you can find that on the internet as well.

Not as common as kids killing kids with the household shootin' iron, certainly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2016, 08:10 AM
(13-06-2016 08:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:58 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Well, they are

from the link:

The indictment alleges the men traveled to Maxie's gun store in North Vernon in September to examine the inventory. The men returned the next day, shot and killed Maxie, and then stole dozens of firearms from the store.

So, even gun stores get robbed, and even tho the victims have abundance of weapons at their disposal it is usually the employees who get shot or killed.

Now compare that to how many banks and gas stations are robbed, there are idiot criminals but most will take the easiest route to get what they want because most are not willing to die for it.

FBI Bank Robbery Statistics from 2014 to back me up:

Modus Operandi Used

Demand note Used 2,179
Firearm Used 930
Handgun 904
Other Firearm 47
Other Weapon Used 31
Weapon Threatened* 1,666
Explosive Device Used or Threatened 93
Oral Demand 2,260
Vault or Safe Theft 17
Depository Trap Device 0
Till Theft 71
Takeover 234

*“Weapon Threatened” includes those cases where a weapon was threatened or implied either orally or in a demand note but not actually observed.

Acts of violence were committed during 134 (3 percent) of the 3,961 robberies, burglaries, and larcenies that occurred during this timeframe(2014). These acts included 41 instances involving the discharge of firearms, zero instances involving explosives, and 79 instances involving assaults. (One or more acts of violence may occur during an incident.) These acts of violence resulted in 63 injuries, 13 deaths, and 31 persons taken hostage.

Source

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-06-2016, 08:21 AM
(13-06-2016 08:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A guy got hit and killed by a meteor last year, I'm betting you can find that on the internet as well.

Not as common as kids killing kids with the household shootin' iron, certainly.

That's an example of poor parenting rather than "evil guns"....

More kids die every year of accidental poisoning with household chemicals or prescription drugs than by accidental firearms discharges.

Where's the outrage????

Ban Chlorox???

It's eeeevill........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Hypothetical question, if I could do a Harry Potter and wave a magic wand and remove guns from American streets my question would be would American society then be happy for there to be more rigorous gun control ? I'm not sold they would be. As it is I can see you are kinda stuck with the situation you've got. No easy answers or fixes unfortunately.
13-06-2016, 08:39 AM
(13-06-2016 08:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hypothetical question, if I could do a Harry Potter and wave a magic wand and remove guns from American streets my question would be would American society then be happy for there to be more rigorous gun control ? I'm not sold they would be. As it is I can see you are kinda stuck with the situation you've got. No easy answers or fixes unfortunately.

I would be happy for better gun control if I knew it wouldn't put civilians in danger.

13-06-2016, 08:40 AM
(13-06-2016 08:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:58 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Well, they are

from the link:

I agree, but that is not what you should be comparing. What you should be comparing is number of deaths in robberies when the victim was armed or presumed to be armed by the robbers, to the number of deaths when criminals presumed victim not to be armed.

What I am saying is even if every employee at every bank or a gas station was armed, or every man , women and child in the USA was armed , people will still get robbed , it would be just a bigger body count as a result.

Violence is the tool of the trade for criminals, they don`t assume that they will die, they assume they are better at it then their victims, and they are usually right.

Listen, I am not anti gun, I think you should have as many guns as you like, I just get annoyed with stupid arguments gun nuts make, "it`s for my own safety" or "I need the guns to fight tyrannical government" and stupid shit like that.

In fact, I agree with Jim Jeffries

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
13-06-2016, 08:41 AM
(13-06-2016 08:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Not as common as kids killing kids with the household shootin' iron, certainly.

That's an example of poor parenting rather than "evil guns"....

More kids die every year of accidental poisoning with household chemicals or prescription drugs than by accidental firearms discharges.

Where's the outrage????

Ban Chlorox???

It's eeeevill........
I've seen that NRA-chant before. We put child-proof caps on bleach bottles because of the history of unfortunate events. But locks on guns? "MUH RATZ!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2016, 08:50 AM
(13-06-2016 08:39 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hypothetical question, if I could do a Harry Potter and wave a magic wand and remove guns from American streets my question would be would American society then be happy for there to be more rigorous gun control ? I'm not sold they would be. As it is I can see you are kinda stuck with the situation you've got. No easy answers or fixes unfortunately.

I would be happy for better gun control if I knew it wouldn't put civilians in danger.
That's cool but I'm not convinced that would translate as being a majority view my point being that while for the most part you and onlinebiker have convinced me that you do need firearms for personal protection in the USA there is also a large component of people liking even loving their guns so even if there was a solution or a magic wand it wouldn't make any difference because people don't want it to which is what I find saddening.