Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
If you have a gun to protect your home, which is the only reason I ever had one I didn't strut around on the street with it on my hip, nor on the back window of my pick up truck, but it was in a quick open case beside my bed. Twice in all my years I grabbed it, and both times it was not someone breaking in although I had thought it was.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
06-06-2016, 05:16 PM
(06-06-2016 05:09 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If you have a gun to protect your home, which is the only reason I ever had one I didn't strut around on the street with it on my hip, nor on the back window of my pick up truck, but it was in a quick open case beside my bed. Twice in all my years I grabbed it, and both times it was not someone breaking in although I had thought it was.

That ^^ Except I have a Mossberg and a police whip baton. The whip baton is what I'd go for first. Can't buy them anymore in MD but I got mine long ago.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-06-2016, 06:22 PM
I had a group of gang rapists in my sights once, but idealistic rules of engagement set by cubical warriors and politicians more concerned with the media and their prospective voters than with the well being of those they only pretend to give a shit about prevented me from doing anything but watching and adding one more notch on the list of pleasant memories.

But I've already rambled about that story before like an old man. Just don't convince yourselves that this is in fact just about a bunch of paranoid cowboy wannabes. They're out there, to be sure, but your world is just as much a delusion as their old west fantasy. Some people need to be put down with guns, and my distrust for the government's ability to act is not completely irrational.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Actually, it is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2016, 06:59 PM
No, it isn't. Glad we could have this conversation Smile

'Murican Canadian
06-06-2016, 07:06 PM
(06-06-2016 12:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It works wonderfully - when they pull out a knife....... Or a hammer, a screwdriver or damned near anything else they'd like to wield as a weapon........

If the guy with the knife is dumb enough to start much more than twenty feet away from you, he deserves to get shot. Otherwise, the guy with the gun is probably getting cut.

(06-06-2016 12:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Aren't the wonderful gun control laws supposed to keep the bad guys from getting guns???????

That's a different topic. I was addressing that I don't see why a "good guy" with a gun would feel more safe in most threatening situations. I just don't see it working out that way in general practice.
06-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Situational awareness again is the most important factor in surviving any encounter. Most halfway decent instructors, whether dealing with unarmed or armed tactics, will acknowledge this and incorporate it into their training. Most students will then ignore said advice and jam some earphones into their brain cavities, confident that they're so bad ass they can shoot or judo flip everyone who might mess with them due to their 8 minutes of specialized training.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
06-06-2016, 07:25 PM
For the record, I don't carry a gun because I want to use one. I mean, I'm not saying I don't either, but given the option, I'd rather get a tomahawk or E tool kill and cross that off my bucket list.

Just saying... I'm not one of those crazy gun guys. Hobo

'Murican Canadian
06-06-2016, 07:57 PM
(06-06-2016 07:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  For the record, I don't carry a gun because I want to use one. I mean, I'm not saying I don't either, but given the option, I'd rather get a tomahawk or E tool kill and cross that off my bucket list.

My mom was thinking about concealed carry. I wonder which gun is the best for concealed carry anyway?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-06-2016, 08:05 PM
(06-06-2016 07:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 07:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  For the record, I don't carry a gun because I want to use one. I mean, I'm not saying I don't either, but given the option, I'd rather get a tomahawk or E tool kill and cross that off my bucket list.

My mom was thinking about concealed carry. I wonder which gun is the best for concealed carry anyway?

There are as many opinions on that as there are gun owners. My current concealed carry of choice is the VP9. If you're genuinely interested in helping her out and want some info, on both firearms options and responsible carry techniques, feel free to PM or go to the gun enthusiast thread or something. I probably shouldn't hijack this thread any more than I already have.

'Murican Canadian