Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
(06-06-2016 08:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 07:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My mom was thinking about concealed carry. I wonder which gun is the best for concealed carry anyway?

There are as many opinions on that as there are gun owners. My current concealed carry of choice is the VP9. If you're genuinely interested in helping her out and want some info, on both firearms options and responsible carry techniques, feel free to PM or go to the gun enthusiast thread or something. I probably shouldn't hijack this thread any more than I already have.

Yeah, I should also go their if I want to know what are the best guns to use at a shooting range, as my friend and I want to go to one

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 08:24 PM by Chas.)
(06-06-2016 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 03:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Easy. Paranoia and fear.

And a neurotic sense of insecurity about the inability to defend oneself without deadly weapons. Wait, that might be the same as paranoia.

Don't be absurd. Drinking Beverage

A healthy 20-year-old would kick your ass. And mine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-06-2016, 08:35 PM
(06-06-2016 01:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 12:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It works wonderfully - when they pull out a knife....... Or a hammer, a screwdriver or damned near anything else they'd like to wield as a weapon........

Aren't the wonderful gun control laws supposed to keep the bad guys from getting guns???????

Actually in the latest round of high profile shootings many obtained their guns legally.

So yeah, I'd say we have a gun problem. If you're on a "no fly list" there's zero reason you should be allowed to buy a gun. If you're mentally ill, you shouldn't be able to purchase a gun either. No way no hell, should my autistic spectrum child be allowed as an adult to buy a gun, yet once he turns 18 he can legally do so -- and I couldn't even stop him.

I don't really care if you, Chas or anyone else has one gun or 300 and I don't think the average person gives a crap about YOUR guns either.

While I agree they should be more regulated, especially for mental health. The problem is just replace guns with cars, but no one would say we have a car problem even though car crashes are one of the leading causes of death. Whenever someone crashes a car, we look at why they did it. Whether it be alcohol, medical, mechanical etc. yet when it comes to guns, it's always about the guns they used or the fact they used guns. Why they pulled the trigger usually comes after. That's the issue in my opinion. It's fine to regulate them more but also we need to look into why or else it won't be enough.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Death is a side effect of poor driving skills/decisions. Death is the intended result of using the tool known as a gun (i.e. why the tool was created).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
06-06-2016, 08:45 PM
(06-06-2016 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And a neurotic sense of insecurity about the inability to defend oneself without deadly weapons. Wait, that might be the same as paranoia.

Don't be absurd. Drinking Beverage

A healthy 20-year-old would kick your ass. And mine.

Bear spray. Police grade whip baton. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
06-06-2016, 08:51 PM
(06-06-2016 08:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Death is a side effect of poor driving skills/decisions. Death is the intended result of using the tool known as a gun (i.e. why the tool was created).

Firefighter in my local town was intentionally run over and killed not too long ago. Would you file that under poor decision? If so then you could file shooting someone a poor decision too.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Personally I think the only realistic long term solution is a short term escalation of violence by any means possible resulting in a nuclear war, probably with rabid dinosaurs and pirates and zombies and stuff like that, completely wiping out all human life in epic fashion and putting an end to gun violence once and for all.

Until what is left of our cats eventually evolve into something of equal intelligence. Future cat archeologists will then uncover our relics and hand them over to cat engineers who will then reverse engineer our weapons and begin killing each other. But that's their problem.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-06-2016, 09:24 PM
(06-06-2016 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And a neurotic sense of insecurity about the inability to defend oneself without deadly weapons. Wait, that might be the same as paranoia.
No, I'm not paranoid about my inability to defend myself without weapons. In fact, I'm reminded of it every time I put more than the lightest load on my lungs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
06-06-2016, 09:30 PM
(06-06-2016 08:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Firefighter in my local town was intentionally run over and killed not too long ago.

Dennis Rodeman?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
06-06-2016, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 09:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-06-2016 09:24 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
No, I'm not paranoid about my inability to defend myself without weapons. In fact, I'm reminded of it every time I put more than the lightest load on my lungs.

You don't think 911 and your fellow citizens will come to your aid in an emergency situation? Especially if you're geezing around sucking on an oxygen mask? You should move. Citizens would stop that shit quick if it was me or Manly. They actually did in a situation with Manly. But admittedly most of those who came to her defense were illegals.

#sigh