Obama on guns. Viral vid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: Obama on guns. Viral vid
(06-06-2016 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't be absurd. Drinking Beverage

A healthy 20-year-old would kick your ass. And mine.

Bear spray. Police grade whip baton. Drinking Beverage

A club, billy, or bludgeon is illegal or quasi-legal in the following states:
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Kansas
Massachusetts
Michigan
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
Nevada
New York State
Rhode Island
Tennessee
Texas
Washington DC
Washington State
Wisconsin
West Virginia

It is illegal in many places to use bear spray against a human. It is illegal in all of Canada to do so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 09:49 PM
(06-06-2016 09:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:24 PM)jabeady Wrote:  No, I'm not paranoid about my inability to defend myself without weapons. In fact, I'm reminded of it every time I put more than the lightest load on my lungs.

You don't think 911 and your fellow citizens will come to your aid in an emergency situation?

In time to render actual help? No.

Quote:Especially if you're geezing around sucking on an oxygen mask? You should move. Citizens would stop that shit quick if it was me or Manly. They actually did in a situation with Manly. But admittedly most of those who came to her aid were illegals.

You got a bunch of illegals hanging around your place 24/7? Consider

06-06-2016, 09:56 PM
(06-06-2016 09:30 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Firefighter in my local town was intentionally run over and killed not too long ago.

Dennis Rodeman?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
06-06-2016, 09:59 PM
(06-06-2016 08:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Death is a side effect of poor driving skills/decisions. Death is the intended result of using the tool known as a gun (i.e. why the tool was created).

Firefighter in my local town was intentionally run over and killed not too long ago. Would you file that under poor decision? If so then you could file shooting someone a poor decision too.
Yeah I would file that under poor decision and malicious intent. Any tool can be used to kill. But there is something special about a tool designed specifically to do so.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
06-06-2016, 10:00 PM
(06-06-2016 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't think 911 and your fellow citizens will come to your aid in an emergency situation?

For fuck's sake, old man. Take a lighter and turn your goddam oxygen mask into a flamethrower.

#sigh
06-06-2016, 10:05 PM
(06-06-2016 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't think 911 and your fellow citizens will come to your aid in an emergency situation?

Quote:Especially if you're geezing around sucking on an oxygen mask? You should move. Citizens would stop that shit quick if it was me or Manly. They actually did in a situation with Manly. But admittedly most of those who came to her aid were illegals.

You got a bunch of illegals hanging around your place 24/7? Consider

I live in the midst of them. Some of them I'm sure are mid-level MS13. They make for wonderful neighbors. They pretty much make sure shit don't come back to where they live.

#sigh
06-06-2016, 10:46 PM
(06-06-2016 09:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Firefighter in my local town was intentionally run over and killed not too long ago. Would you file that under poor decision? If so then you could file shooting someone a poor decision too.
Yeah I would file that under poor decision and malicious intent. Any tool can be used to kill. But there is something special about a tool designed specifically to do so.

What about swords then, why are swords not regulated? They are a tool designed to kill.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-06-2016, 10:58 PM
(06-06-2016 10:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yeah I would file that under poor decision and malicious intent. Any tool can be used to kill. But there is something special about a tool designed specifically to do so.

What about swords then, why are swords not regulated? They are a tool designed to kill.

They are in Massachusetts. For instance, it is illegal to carry a double-edged blade longer than 1.5". You can own it, but you can't carry it.

06-06-2016, 11:40 PM
It's basically commonly talked about as any blade bigger than the size of a palm is illegal to carry around publically.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-06-2016, 11:46 PM
(06-06-2016 10:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 10:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  What about swords then, why are swords not regulated? They are a tool designed to kill.

They are in Massachusetts. For instance, it is illegal to carry a double-edged blade longer than 1.5". You can own it, but you can't carry it.

Yes but anyone can buy one, gun buying laws are way more strict than sword buying laws. Swords do not even require a background check. Same as throwing stars. My point being there are other lethal, designed to kill options other than guns but people are only worried about guns instead of the people that use them. Fine to regulate them but only doing that is not going to dramatically reduce violence because there is always another option.