Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports
http://theweek.com/speedreads/666436/oba...ng-reports
( I am not familiar with this source)

Quote:A top White House official told reporters Friday morning that President Obama has ordered a "full review" of reports of hacking during the presidential election. "We may have crossed into a new threshold and it is incumbent upon us to take stock of that, to review, to conduct some after-action, to understand what has happened, and to impart some lessons learned," Obama counterterrorism and homeland security adviser Lisa Monaco said at a reporters' breakfast.

Quote:The report will be shared with "a range of stakeholders," but Monaco did not say whether the findings would be made public. Obama plans to have the review completed before President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2017.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports
I think it's safe to say that this story is true since it has also been reported on by many historically credible outlets, such as Time, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Politico, CNN, USA Today and the LA Times.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
10-12-2016, 07:48 AM
(10-12-2016 06:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I think it's safe to say that this story is true since it has also been reported on by many historically credible outlets, such as Time, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Politico, CNN, USA Today and the LA Times.

Yes, The Week was just the first one to report it.

It's getting to be a bloody mess out there. The bigger outlets have gotten very slow to report, presumably because they, too, need to verify everything extremely carefully.

The thing with the election is that on both sides tons of people think it was or can be rigged. You cannot have a democracy where voters think that elections are rigged anyway. So, no matter what your political orientation, you should support a full review of voting and how it can or cannot be rigged or influenced in modern times. We have to make sure that next time around there is no doubt, no matter who wins.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-12-2016, 07:59 AM
(10-12-2016 07:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  The thing with the election is that on both sides tons of people think it was or can be rigged. You cannot have a democracy where voters think that elections are rigged anyway. So, no matter what your political orientation, you should support a full review of voting and how it can or cannot be rigged or influenced in modern times. We have to make sure that next time around there is no doubt, no matter who wins.

There's something to be said for thumbprints on a piece of paper.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-12-2016, 08:19 AM
The rednecks were planning violence if the election didn't go their way. Obama orders an investigation.

Yeah, no difference between the two sides. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2016, 08:54 AM
(10-12-2016 08:19 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The rednecks were planning violence if the election didn't go their way. Obama orders an investigation.

You know that the other side staged violent riots because they didn't get their way, right? Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-12-2016, 11:20 AM
(10-12-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 08:19 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The rednecks were planning violence if the election didn't go their way. Obama orders an investigation.

You know that the other side staged violent riots because they didn't get their way, right? Laugh out load

I was part of a protest march a week ago and it's not because we "didn't get our way" it's because the person who won is an asshole. I wasn't thrilled about George Bush winning either but I knew he had some governmental experience and I accepted that he was the president. trump is the president too but he's a fucked up, thin skinned narcissist who is going to fuck this country up and, god damnit, I'm gonna have a few things to say about it!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-12-2016, 11:25 AM
(10-12-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You know that the other side staged violent riots because they didn't get their way, right? Laugh out load

Violent riots? I didn't heard anybody died or even were seriously injured during those riots. Broken store windows and a few damaged cars doesn't make a violent riot in my opinion. It's actually pretty lambda. Unless entire streets were sacked, over a dozen police officers injured and mass arrests were necessary, I woudn't call it violent.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
10-12-2016, 11:25 AM
(09-12-2016 06:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://theweek.com/speedreads/666436/oba...ng-reports
( I am not familiar with this source)

Quote:A top White House official told reporters Friday morning that President Obama has ordered a "full review" of reports of hacking during the presidential election. "We may have crossed into a new threshold and it is incumbent upon us to take stock of that, to review, to conduct some after-action, to understand what has happened, and to impart some lessons learned," Obama counterterrorism and homeland security adviser Lisa Monaco said at a reporters' breakfast.

Quote:The report will be shared with "a range of stakeholders," but Monaco did not say whether the findings would be made public. Obama plans to have the review completed before President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2017.

I guess Obama wants it before Jan. 20th because that other guy can be trusted to trash it and dismiss its import.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
10-12-2016, 11:29 AM
From what I've read, before the election Obama went before McConnell and some bipartisan republicans and democrats and told them that there should be a bipartisan investigation of this Russian matter because if he ,Obama, came forth with this information it would be seen as a bipartisan Democrats issue. McConnell said "no". This is the big issue.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post