Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports
(12-12-2016 01:14 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 01:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  That remark was in reply to trump's assertion that the elections were rigged because millions of illegals were voting. That cannot happen.

Soooooo, he was aware it was vulnerable to other types of rigging but chose not to talk about it?

This story is about Russian theft of information from the DNC and RNC infrastructure. It is not so much about rigging as it is about the Russians poking their nose in the affairs of American political parties.

The DNC hack has been in the public domain, thanks to wikileaks, well before the election. Nothing new there. The new information is that the RNC servers were also hacked, but it appears that information was not shared with wikileaks.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
12-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Oh fucking hell.

Desperate. Arrogant. Irresponsible. <--- this is your Democratic party folks. The party that couldn't beat a buffoon.

I'll wait for Obama to show some real evidence before I even start to formulate a conclusion on the matter. In the meantime the embarrassed and functionally incompetent Democratic party failed to beat a clown because of genuine emails, you know, documented evidence.

So let me get this straight: Russia, hacked both parties (but not Hillary's clintonmail server mind you despite the potential for exponentially more valuable information there) emails and then in order to influence the election, only released the DNC emails to Wikileaks? Assange has denied any Russian connection and you can decide to believe him or not, that's your personal choice, but that's been asked and answered. What does Russia gain by attempting to discredit Hillary (with facts again, please remember that the DNC wikileaks have not been proven to be fake at all)? Hillary is certainly a larger warhawk than Trump but Russia's geopolitical resurgence has certainly occurred on Obama's (and partly her) watch. Why not let that run continue? If all the DNC attacks on Trump are to be believed wouldn't a Hillary presidency result in more stability worldwide?

Even if the Russians have RNC stuff and didn't give it to Wikileaks, what they released were genuine documents and the DNC paid for their arrogance and ineptitude.

It is absolutely fucking hilarious to me that the DNC is claiming that the release of factual information rigged the election against their candidate yet those same documents showed how deliberate and underhanded the DNC acted to shut Bernie out of a legitimate chance to challenge Hillary. Sounds like a good dose of their own medicine methinks.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
12-12-2016, 02:03 PM
(12-12-2016 01:53 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  It is absolutely fucking hilarious to me that the DNC is claiming that the release of factual information rigged the election against their candidate yet those same documents showed how deliberate and underhanded the DNC acted to shut Bernie out of a legitimate chance to challenge Hillary. Sounds like a good dose of their own medicine methinks.

I haven't heard that the DNC is claiming anything.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-12-2016, 02:08 PM
(12-12-2016 01:14 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 01:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  That remark was in reply to trump's assertion that the elections were rigged because millions of illegals were voting. That cannot happen.

Soooooo, he was aware it was vulnerable to other types of rigging but chose not to talk about it?

Obama was aware of it through CIA briefings. Before the election Obama went to some bi partisan republicans and asked for a hearing on the matter but McConnell said no. Go ask McConnell why he didn't want a hearing before the election. Go ahead.......ask him.

This whole thing is such a mess that now EVEN MCCONNELL realizes it's a problem.

“Any foreign breach of our cyber-security measures is disturbing, and I strongly condemn any such efforts,” He went on to say.... I have the highest confidence in the intelligence community, especially the central intelligence agencies. The CIA is filled with selfless patriots, many of whom anonymously risk their lives for the American people.”

McConnell goes on to say. " It defies belief that somehow Republicans in the Senate are reluctant to either review Russian tactics, or ignore them." Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave.

You'd think that trump would welcome a hearing so he doesn't have this hanging over his legitimacy as president. Most normal people would, but not trump. He lives in his own special trump reality which is far removed from the rest of the world's reality.

Trump is a very sick man. He's mentally ill.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-12-2016, 02:23 PM
(12-12-2016 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 01:53 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  It is absolutely fucking hilarious to me that the DNC is claiming that the release of factual information rigged the election against their candidate yet those same documents showed how deliberate and underhanded the DNC acted to shut Bernie out of a legitimate chance to challenge Hillary. Sounds like a good dose of their own medicine methinks.

I haven't heard that the DNC is claiming anything.

Sorry, I guess I was a bit loose there. Would "Democrats" be a better term to use in the first instance in your quoted text since it includes Democratic leadership including Obama not the actual party?

12-12-2016, 02:25 PM
(12-12-2016 02:23 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  I haven't heard that the DNC is claiming anything.

Sorry, I guess I was a bit loose there. Would "Democrats" be a better term to use in the first instance in your quoted text since it includes Democratic leadership including Obama not the actual party?

Please show me where Obama claimed any such thing. Or are you being a bit loose again?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-12-2016, 02:45 PM
You could start with the OP, Girlyman. You could also try to split hairs and argue that he hasn't "exactly" said that. I think you'd be a bit disingenuous if you tried that method but go for it if you'd like. If you still want to try to go down that road, I'd love to hear your explanation for what Obama intended by announcing this probe. Please be sure to address the timing and why it needed to be announced ahead of time since without any evidence, results or conclusions. The announcement itself creates uncertainty leading up to a transition of power which undermines stability, wouldn't you agree?

12-12-2016, 02:50 PM
(12-12-2016 02:45 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  You could start with the OP, Girlyman. You could also try to split hairs and argue that he hasn't "exactly" said that. I think you'd be a bit disingenuous if you tried that method but go for it if you'd like. If you still want to try to go down that road, I'd love to hear your explanation for what Obama intended by announcing this probe. Please be sure to address the timing and why it needed to be announced ahead of time since without any evidence, results or conclusions. The announcement itself creates uncertainty leading up to a transition of power which undermines stability, wouldn't you agree?

I'll hazard a wild guess. A President might be interested in foreign cyber hacks because they have national security implications. The incoming President, does not seem particularly bothered by that fact. In fact he is hostile to suggestions that it is important enough to warrant attention.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 5 users Like tomilay's post
12-12-2016, 02:53 PM
(12-12-2016 02:45 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  You could start with the OP, Girlyman. You could also try to split hairs and argue that he hasn't "exactly" said that. I think you'd be a bit disingenuous if you tried that method but go for it if you'd like. If you still want to try to go down that road, I'd love to hear your explanation for what Obama intended by announcing this probe. Please be sure to address the timing and why it needed to be announced ahead of time since without any evidence, results or conclusions. The announcement itself creates uncertainty leading up to a transition of power which undermines stability, wouldn't you agree?

I stopped trying to infer other people's intent decades ago. But feel free to go down that road if you like.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-12-2016, 04:02 PM
(12-12-2016 01:53 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I'll wait for Obama to show some real evidence before I even start to formulate a conclusion on the matter. In the meantime the embarrassed and functionally incompetent Democratic party failed to beat a clown because of genuine emails, you know, documented evidence.
Documented evidence of nothing except stupidity in having an email server at home. She's been convicted of nothing (just in case you haven't noticed) because there isn't anything to convict her of or with.

And, apparently, you don't care what 17 intelligence agencies had to say. That's not "DNC" or "Democrats" or "Obama". So yeah, we'll see. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post