Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports
There probably should be a sub forum for American politics only.

That way those of us from countries where the metric system is in use could avoid travelling back 200 years in time to be on the same page as America.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
(12-12-2016 04:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There probably should be a sub forum for American politics only.

That way those of us from countries where the metric system is in use could avoid travelling back 200 years in time to be on the same page as America.

Why? So you'd know where to go to laugh at us?

#sigh
12-12-2016, 04:36 PM
(12-12-2016 04:02 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 01:53 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I'll wait for Obama to show some real evidence before I even start to formulate a conclusion on the matter. In the meantime the embarrassed and functionally incompetent Democratic party failed to beat a clown because of genuine emails, you know, documented evidence.
Documented evidence of nothing except stupidity in having an email server at home. She's been convicted of nothing (just in case you haven't noticed) because there isn't anything to convict her of or with.

And, apparently, you don't care what 17 intelligence agencies had to say. That's not "DNC" or "Democrats" or "Obama". So yeah, we'll see. Drinking Beverage

The emails in question, Impulse, have nothing to do with Hillary's clintonmail server. The topic relates to the DNC hacked emails.

Impulse, do you know what the 17 agencies said? As far as I can tell the 17 agencies quote originates from a statement which I've linked to here. The key paragraph is (the rest relates to the exposure of direct hacking of voting machines):

"The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities."

Unless they are holding back information, they are "confident" based on similar tactics. No references to IP addresses, no actual evidence, no names, just a conclusion based on a profile.

If you have other information beyond what I've linked to above, I'd be happy to read it, evaluate it and re-assess.

Ultimately, I am puzzled by the shooting of the messenger instead of reacting to the message. No one in this thread is disputing the veracity of the Podesta et al emails. The WH narrative is that the big bad bear tried to influence us by showing us the truth about how the DNC operated. Where is Obama's outrage that his own party corrupted the process to hinder Bernie's chances? Where is the outrage from the rank and file democrats that the HRC's "Pied Piper Strategy" was to prop up Trump as a viable candidate?

Even if Russia held back RNC info, the DNC stuff is still the truth. Perhaps they (democrats) should wonder why they had these BS strategies and why they had a system that was vulnerable to hacking.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
12-12-2016, 04:39 PM
(12-12-2016 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why? So you'd know where to go to laugh at us?

I already know that location. Big Grin

I am thinking of a pocket to avoid. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-12-2016, 06:35 PM
(12-12-2016 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 04:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There probably should be a sub forum for American politics only.

Why? So you'd know where to go to laugh at us?

I think that's a "yes". Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-12-2016, 06:37 PM
(12-12-2016 04:36 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 04:02 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Documented evidence of nothing except stupidity in having an email server at home. She's been convicted of nothing (just in case you haven't noticed) because there isn't anything to convict her of or with.

And, apparently, you don't care what 17 intelligence agencies had to say. That's not "DNC" or "Democrats" or "Obama". So yeah, we'll see. Drinking Beverage

The emails in question, Impulse, have nothing to do with Hillary's clintonmail server. The topic relates to the DNC hacked emails.

Impulse, do you know what the 17 agencies said? As far as I can tell the 17 agencies quote originates from a statement which I've linked to here. The key paragraph is (the rest relates to the exposure of direct hacking of voting machines):

"The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities."

Unless they are holding back information, they are "confident" based on similar tactics. No references to IP addresses, no actual evidence, no names, just a conclusion based on a profile.

If you have other information beyond what I've linked to above, I'd be happy to read it, evaluate it and re-assess.

Ultimately, I am puzzled by the shooting of the messenger instead of reacting to the message. No one in this thread is disputing the veracity of the Podesta et al emails. The WH narrative is that the big bad bear tried to influence us by showing us the truth about how the DNC operated. Where is Obama's outrage that his own party corrupted the process to hinder Bernie's chances? Where is the outrage from the rank and file democrats that the HRC's "Pied Piper Strategy" was to prop up Trump as a viable candidate?

Even if Russia held back RNC info, the DNC stuff is still the truth. Perhaps they (democrats) should wonder why they had these BS strategies and why they had a system that was vulnerable to hacking.

Let's have trump release his taxes and then we'll see where we stand.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Bookies have Trump at 1 in 3 not making it through his first term. At this point I think I'd rather have Pence. At least the asshole knows what he's doing and ain't gonna make us the laughing stock of the entire planet and Putin's patsie.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-12-2016, 09:17 AM
(12-12-2016 04:36 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  The emails in question, Impulse, have nothing to do with Hillary's clintonmail server. The topic relates to the DNC hacked emails.
Fair enough. I misunderstood which emails you were referring to. Not that it makes any difference. The DNC hacked emails may have contributed a small part to the election loss, but they aren't among the main factors.

(12-12-2016 04:36 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Impulse, do you know what the 17 agencies said?
Of course not. They wouldn't make that public yet while the investigation is still pending. What I do know is there is bipartisan agreement that it's legitimate and, given that, also highly suspicious that Trump is dismissing it outright. It's also highly concerning that Trump doesn't want it investigated regardless of anything else. He's going to be the POTUS! What President would not want to know?

(12-12-2016 04:36 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Ultimately, I am puzzled by the shooting of the messenger instead of reacting to the message. No one in this thread is disputing the veracity of the Podesta et al emails. The WH narrative is that the big bad bear tried to influence us by showing us the truth about how the DNC operated. Where is Obama's outrage that his own party corrupted the process to hinder Bernie's chances? Where is the outrage from the rank and file democrats that the HRC's "Pied Piper Strategy" was to prop up Trump as a viable candidate?
I think it's a matter of magnitude and urgency. Magnitude: There's cheating (DNC) and there's lying in bed with a very dangerous country. Granted the latter hasn't been proven, but the possibility means we need answers. That brings us to urgency: Trump isn't yet in office. If he's guilty of having anything to do with the Russian interference, he should not be allowed to take office. Russian favor doesn't come for free...

(12-12-2016 04:36 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Even if Russia held back RNC info, the DNC stuff is still the truth. Perhaps they (democrats) should wonder why they had these BS strategies and why they had a system that was vulnerable to hacking.
We're barely past the election. Have some patience. Believe me, the DNC will look into how to cover up better next time what happened. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
13-12-2016, 09:30 AM
He won't spare a minute for intelligence briefing. He has all the time to meet with Kanye West. Mr. West says he will be running for office 2020. Douglas Adams should have been alive to witness this.

[Image: d8099408-afa9-42ea-bcd1-a0cfc5542013-lar...DiMa22.jpg]

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
13-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Tomilay, yet it is ok for Obama (who is actually on the clock for running the US) to shoot the shit with Bill Murray and putt golf balls in the oval office? Where's your picture of that? Where's your outrage? Where is your snide remark about that?

Come the fuck on with trying to reduce every little thing to a meme! This shit really gets me riled up. This is an example of the worst that social media and the attention span of the US has to offer. No content, just a picture and a snippy little comment.

This isn't even on topic, just like the deflecting comment above about Trump's tax returns.

Impulse:
Forgive me for being cynical but after the Weapons of Mass Destruction debacle and the youtube video which started the Benghazi incident, I'll wait for our government to actually provide some actual analysis and proof vs what they've offered so far.

If the hacked DNC emails were a small factor then why the big deal? That is exactly the point here.

I also can't help but point out the utter hypocrisy of the sudden interest in Trump's alleged ties to Russia when the Anti-Trump brigade has ignored and dismissed the potential conflict of interest the Clinton Foundation posed with HRC. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars flowed in from governments all over the world including those whom we would agree are not the best players on the world stage. Now that Hillary's inside track to power and influence is all but dead, I can't wait to see how the Foundation does going forward.

And yes of course Trump would be against to this process. It interferes with his ability to have a smooth transition to the White House. The recounts were comical in their ineffectiveness. Jill Stein probably got more coverage as a HRC proxy for asking for the recounts from CNN/MSNBC/etc than she ever got during the campaign.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley