Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports
(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Come the fuck on with trying to reduce every little thing to a meme! This shit really gets me riled up.

Rattling devlisadvoc8's jimmies. Check.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-12-2016, 10:15 AM
(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Tomilay, yet it is ok for Obama (who is actually on the clock for running the US) to shoot the shit with Bill Murray and putt golf balls in the oval office? Where's your picture of that? Where's your outrage? Where is your snide remark about that?

Come the fuck on with trying to reduce every little thing to a meme! This shit really gets me riled up. This is an example of the worst that social media and the attention span of the US has to offer. No content, just a picture and a snippy little comment.

This isn't even on topic, just like the deflecting comment above about Trump's tax returns.

Impulse:
Forgive me for being cynical but after the Weapons of Mass Destruction debacle and the youtube video which started the Benghazi incident, I'll wait for our government to actually provide some actual analysis and proof vs what they've offered so far.

If the hacked DNC emails were a small factor then why the big deal? That is exactly the point here.

I also can't help but point out the utter hypocrisy of the sudden interest in Trump's alleged ties to Russia when the Anti-Trump brigade has ignored and dismissed the potential conflict of interest the Clinton Foundation posed with HRC. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars flowed in from governments all over the world including those whom we would agree are not the best players on the world stage. Now that Hillary's inside track to power and influence is all but dead, I can't wait to see how the Foundation does going forward.

And yes of course Trump would be against to this process. It interferes with his ability to have a smooth transition to the White House. The recounts were comical in their ineffectiveness. Jill Stein probably got more coverage as a HRC proxy for asking for the recounts from CNN/MSNBC/etc than she ever got during the campaign.

Given that Trump will not trust the intelligence agencies and you support that. Given that his number one priority, as far I am concerned, is to keep us, safe. How does he propose to keep this country safe?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
13-12-2016, 10:17 AM
(13-12-2016 10:15 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Given that Trump will not trust the intelligence agencies and you support that. Given that his number one priority, as far I am concerned, is to keep us, safe. How does he propose to keep this country safe?

With Putin's help obviously.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-12-2016, 10:42 AM
(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Forgive me for being cynical but after the Weapons of Mass Destruction debacle and the youtube video which started the Benghazi incident, I'll wait for our government to actually provide some actual analysis and proof vs what they've offered so far.
Yeah me too. Except you don't seem to be. You seem to have already concluded "nothing here to see folks".

(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  If the hacked DNC emails were a small factor then why the big deal? That is exactly the point here.
Please tell me you're joking. Blink
Am I to understand that you think the possibility of another country interfering with our election process is no big deal if it happened, but had little impact? Consider

(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I also can't help but point out the utter hypocrisy of the sudden interest in Trump's alleged ties to Russia when the Anti-Trump brigade has ignored and dismissed the potential conflict of interest the Clinton Foundation posed with HRC. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars flowed in from governments all over the world including those whom we would agree are not the best players on the world stage. Now that Hillary's inside track to power and influence is all but dead, I can't wait to see how the Foundation does going forward.
This again? Rolleyes Correlation is not causation.

(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  And yes of course Trump would be against to this process. It interferes with his ability to have a smooth transition to the White House.
Am I to understand that you think the possibility of another country interfering with our election process should be no big deal to an incoming President simply because it might interfere with a smooth transition? (Trump to Putin: "Do whatever you want. I'm too busy transitioning to care right now." Facepalm )

(13-12-2016 10:07 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  The recounts were comical in their ineffectiveness. Jill Stein probably got more coverage as a HRC proxy for asking for the recounts from CNN/MSNBC/etc than she ever got during the campaign.
This has nothing to do with the current discussion.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
14-12-2016, 07:58 AM
(12-12-2016 12:50 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Interesting....A CNN article on October 18th said the following:

"Obama echoed those sentiments Tuesday, saying there's "no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America's elections.""

So, what changed from October 18 to the election?

"Hacking" doesn't equate to "rigging the election", necessarily. No one is asserting, for instance, that the Russians hacked the electronic voting process in order to change vote counts.

What is being asserted is that by the strategic release of emails and information, gotten by hacking, to the media, the atmosphere of public opinion was skewed.

Ever wonder why Julian Assange never released anything on Trump?
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-12-2016, 08:05 AM
(12-12-2016 04:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There probably should be a sub forum for American politics only.

That way those of us from countries where the metric system is in use could avoid travelling back 200 years in time to be on the same page as America.

[Image: 2ibp0m1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
14-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Still no one has addressed the point that these emails were genuine. Who knows why there were no releases on Trump or the RNC. There are plenty of explanations: The hackers weren't able to get in, the hackers got in but there wasn't anything juicy, the hackers didn't try, someone was trying to influence the election, it was an insider from the DNC, etc.

As of right now we have an unsupported statement (I linked to that earlier in the thread) which hasn't been accepted by the overseeing agency nor by the FBI (link).

Given US' history of meddling in the political affairs of other countries, until I see evidence, I'll go with the simplest explanation : sour grapes by HRC and an inability to recognize her own faults for losing the election to the least qualified candidate of all time.

If the CIA ponies up with some actual evidence, I'll listen. However, at the end of the day, the leaked emails are still the truth. You are upset over the revelation of genuine documents. Take a step back and ponder that. It's similar to saying that Snowden's revelations about the constitutional violations by some US' spy agencies should be ignored b/c someone in the Administration thinks he broke the law. Sure, let's see if he broke the law but we can't ignore the actual content. Regarding the election, you don't try to overturn an electoral college win because you don't like how truth got out.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
14-12-2016, 09:44 AM
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Still no one has addressed the point that these emails were genuine. ... However, at the end of the day, the leaked emails are still the truth.

I'm not sure how either you or I could know that. I know that I could easily create an email which appeared to come from you sent to earmuffs asking for a blowjob. I could also take anyone else's email and easily make it look like it comes from you. For any hacker capable of infiltrating the site, spoofing and altering emails is child's play. Hell like I said, even I can do it. Unless they're digitally signed. Apparently these were not.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2016, 09:45 AM
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Still no one has addressed the point that these emails were genuine. Who knows why there were no releases on Trump or the RNC. There are plenty of explanations: The hackers weren't able to get in, the hackers got in but there wasn't anything juicy, the hackers didn't try, someone was trying to influence the election, it was an insider from the DNC, etc.

As of right now we have an unsupported statement (I linked to that earlier in the thread) which hasn't been accepted by the overseeing agency nor by the FBI (link).

Given US' history of meddling in the political affairs of other countries, until I see evidence, I'll go with the simplest explanation : sour grapes by HRC and an inability to recognize her own faults for losing the election to the least qualified candidate of all time.

If the CIA ponies up with some actual evidence, I'll listen. However, at the end of the day, the leaked emails are still the truth. You are upset over the revelation of genuine documents. Take a step back and ponder that. It's similar to saying that Snowden's revelations about the constitutional violations by some US' spy agencies should be ignored b/c someone in the Administration thinks he broke the law. Sure, let's see if he broke the law but we can't ignore the actual content. Regarding the election, you don't try to overturn an electoral college win because you don't like how truth got out.

What do you think should be addressed in those emails? That aside, there are laws against using information that is illegally acquired. Similar ones also relate to things like traffic stops - if you are stopped illegally, and the cops find marijuana or something, you still walk, because the manner in which you were caught is illegal. I am no legal scholar, but I think the principle is you can't break the law to keep the law.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
14-12-2016, 09:46 AM
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  If the CIA ponies up with some actual evidence, I'll listen.

Right. Like they're gonna release classified information in order to convince the likes of you.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post