Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Obama orders 'full review' of election hacking reports
(11-12-2016 08:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
I must be missing your point. The CIA reports that the Russkies may have been able to hack the DNC and RNC and selectively release info damaging to the DNC through wikileaks with a clear intent to influence our elections and we shouldn't investigate? Is that what you're saying?

Let me see if I'm understanding this a-rightly...

The CIA are complaining that a right wing loony has been 'elected' into power with the assistance of a foreign intelligence agency?

The CIA? The CIA are ... Facepalm

I've just had an irony overload!

Laugh out load

(12-12-2016 01:53 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  ...
What does Russia gain by attempting to discredit Hillary (with facts again, please remember that the DNC wikileaks have not been proven to be fake at all)? Hillary is certainly a larger warhawk than Trump but Russia's geopolitical resurgence has certainly occurred on Obama's (and partly her) watch. Why not let that run continue?

Oh, I dunno ... if I had to hazard a guess, could it be something to do with the US sanctions over the Crimea thing that scuppered a $500 billion Exxon deal there?

If Rex Tillerson = 2
If Sec of State = 2
Then 2 + 2 = what? A share of the $500 billion?

(14-12-2016 09:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Still no one has addressed the point that these emails were genuine. ... However, at the end of the day, the leaked emails are still the truth.

I'm not sure how either you or I could know that. ...

Simple... as any politics watcher knows ... where's the denial?

There are denials, there are non-denial denials and there are non-denials.

In this case we got deflection to "the Russians did it" and all "17 agencies" which, as I pointed out in the other hacking thread, was a gross exaggeration.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
14-12-2016, 11:34 AM
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  If the CIA ponies up with some actual evidence, I'll listen. However, at the end of the day, the leaked emails are still the truth. You are upset over the revelation of genuine documents. Take a step back and ponder that. It's similar to saying that Snowden's revelations about the constitutional violations by some US' spy agencies should be ignored b/c someone in the Administration thinks he broke the law. Sure, let's see if he broke the law but we can't ignore the actual content.
Regarding the emails, I doubt that issue has been dropped. As I pointed out earlier, it's a matter of priorities. And regardless of anything to do with that, it's beside the point of whether Russians were trying to influence the election and whether Trump was connected with it. So continuing to harp on the emails does nothing for your arguments about Russia's hacking.

(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Regarding the election, you don't try to overturn an electoral college win because you don't like how truth got out.
Strawman.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
14-12-2016, 11:39 AM
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Regarding the election, you don't try to overturn an electoral college win because you don't like how truth got out.

I haven't heard anyone suggest overturning the election. That's not what this is about. But I think it's worth our while to determine whether or not a foreign power was meddling in our election, and to take measures to prevent future re-occurrences of same.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
15-12-2016, 02:24 AM
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Who knows why there were no releases on Trump or the RNC. There are plenty of explanations: The hackers weren't able to get in, the hackers got in but there wasn't anything juicy, the hackers didn't try, someone was trying to influence the election, it was an insider from the DNC, etc.

... or, it could be that Trump was a little cozy with the Russians, to the point of encouraging their hacking. Surely you, who have spent so many words on the topic, have considered that. Right?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-12-2016, 06:41 AM
(15-12-2016 02:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Who knows why there were no releases on Trump or the RNC. There are plenty of explanations: The hackers weren't able to get in, the hackers got in but there wasn't anything juicy, the hackers didn't try, someone was trying to influence the election, it was an insider from the DNC, etc.

... or, it could be that Trump was a little cozy with the Russians, to the point of encouraging their hacking. Surely you, who have spent so many words on the topic, have considered that. Right?

He actually addressed them during a speech: Russia, if you are listening..." and asked them to hack. Publicly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-12-2016, 07:15 AM
(15-12-2016 06:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 02:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... or, it could be that Trump was a little cozy with the Russians, to the point of encouraging their hacking. Surely you, who have spent so many words on the topic, have considered that. Right?

He actually addressed them during a speech: Russia, if you are listening..." and asked them to hack. Publicly.

And his loony supporters cheered Smile I wonder how many, four years from now, will admit that they voted for him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-12-2016, 11:05 AM
(14-12-2016 11:34 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 09:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  If the CIA ponies up with some actual evidence, I'll listen. However, at the end of the day, the leaked emails are still the truth. You are upset over the revelation of genuine documents. Take a step back and ponder that. It's similar to saying that Snowden's revelations about the constitutional violations by some US' spy agencies should be ignored b/c someone in the Administration thinks he broke the law. Sure, let's see if he broke the law but we can't ignore the actual content.
Regarding the emails, I doubt that issue has been dropped. As I pointed out earlier, it's a matter of priorities. And regardless of anything to do with that, it's beside the point of whether Russians were trying to influence the election and whether Trump was connected with it. So continuing to harp on the emails does nothing for your arguments about Russia's hacking.

Strawman.
How is it a strawman when members of the electoral college are asking for a briefing on the status of proof of Russian hacking of emails PRIOR to their vote on Monday. With public calls for people in the electoral college to change their votes, It is absolutely the opposite of a Strawman. Do you think they just want an update for shits and giggles? Come on, be reasonable here.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
15-12-2016, 11:23 AM
(15-12-2016 11:05 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  How is it a strawman when members of the electoral college are asking for a briefing on the status of proof of Russian hacking of emails PRIOR to their vote on Monday. With public calls for people in the electoral college to change their votes, It is absolutely the opposite of a Strawman. Do you think they just want an update for shits and giggles? Come on, be reasonable here.
Interesting. In your rebuttal here, you didn't even address what you said. Did you already forget that the reason you gave and the one I replied to wasn't the Russian hacking but "because you don't like how truth got out". People aren't interested in investigating the Russian hacking because they don't like how the truth got out - but because they don't like the possibility of foreign governments meddling in our election process. And, while overturning the election results might make sense depending on the outcome of the investigation, it isn't the primary reason for wanting the investigation - the real one is what I just gave about meddling.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
15-12-2016, 12:54 PM
(15-12-2016 06:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 02:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... or, it could be that Trump was a little cozy with the Russians, to the point of encouraging their hacking. Surely you, who have spent so many words on the topic, have considered that. Right?

Yes, that's what I'm referring to in the post you quoted.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-12-2016, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2016 04:29 PM by Dom.)
Well, apparently the intelligence agencies now say that Putin himself ordered the hacking with clear intent to influence the election. Diane Feinstein gave a long interview on it. She wants Obama to declassify the findings and publish them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man