http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-o...OQRR4vx.97

All he said was the truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Toney's post
06-02-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: Obama pissed the christians off
Finally! I was waiting for someone to post this thread! Thumbsup

There are several people on my FB appalled at Obama's statements. It's annoying the shit out of me, because I can tell they didn't even watch the whole speech, they just read a Fox News article and watched a 30 second clip of Obama's speech.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
06-02-2015, 09:01 AM
ohhhh boy.....

Now the ( R )'s will scream that this is confirmation that POTUS is a Muslim and was born in Kenya......

Wait for it ---

3.... 2...... 1.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-02-2015, 09:08 AM
And they said Birmingham was a caliphate...Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
06-02-2015, 09:18 AM
I agree with his assertion that it's not unique to one people or one faith, over the course of HISTORY. Radicalism under any banner or symbol is dangerous. But one key difference is the Crusaders and Inquisitors didn't have the means to obtain nuclear weapons. In the present day, where the technology exists for small bands of delusional whack jobs to wreak untold havoc on large populations we're not doing ourselves any favors by pretending that Islam is on even footing with other ideologies. Here and now, their violence is having a far greater impact.

That said I'm certainly no less afraid of the fundamentalist Christian zealots here in the US. They may be less likely to blow me up. But they're far MORE likely to wield an undue influence over my government; to use other non-violent means to impact free and secular society with their ideology. They're a bigger threat to our way of life.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
06-02-2015, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 01:03 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(06-02-2015 08:10 AM)Toney Wrote:  http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-o...OQRR4vx.97

That must be a right wing website. The comments are appalling. Each one is a stunning example of ignorance. Obama is described, in one form or another, as being...

1) Ignorant of history - Although, the people claiming this obviously have no idea what the hell they are talking about and need to pick up a history book.

For example, an armchair historian stated the following:

Quote:Someone needs to explain to this idiot that the Christian crusades were a response to Muslim atrocities when the Muslim's spread into Europe. That doesn't justify atrocities ,but it does explain the motivation of the Christians.

However...

the First Crusade started when the Christian ruler of Byzantium asked Pope Urban II to send a few forces to help him deal with the Seljuk Turks. These recent Muslim converts had taken control of Turkey and Assyria, as well as wrestled Jerusalem away from the Fatimids (more tolerant Muslims). Instead, Pope Urban II called up a huge force in 1095 with the intent of taking those lands in the name of the Papacy. In 1096, a portion of this army massacred Rhineland Jews that were already living in Europe at the time. The Fatmids took back control of Jerusalem in 1098, allowing Christians to return. Therefore, when the crusaders erupted into the city in the summer of 1099, they killed not only Muslims who were friendly to Christians, they killed their coreligionist brothers and Jews (again).

2) Black or mulatto - Only racist assholes care about this.

3) Born in Kenya - This has been shown to be otherwise. Only birthers think this (also see my answer for #2). This is simply an attempt to "other" (marginalize) Obama and make him appear less American. This makes him an easier target.

4) A secret Muslim - Yet, he just compared Muslim and Christian atrocities in the same light. This is another attempt at othering.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-02-2015, 11:59 AM
(06-02-2015 09:18 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  In the present day, where the technology exists for small bands of delusional whack jobs to wreak untold havoc on large populations we're not doing ourselves any favors by pretending that Islam is on even footing with other ideologies. Here and now, their violence is having a far greater impact.

Tell that to the Ugandans and Sudanese.

#sigh
06-02-2015, 01:11 PM
(06-02-2015 10:43 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 08:10 AM)Toney Wrote:  http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-o...OQRR4vx.97

That must be a right wing website. The comments are appalling. Each one is a stunning example of ignorance. Obama is described, in one form or another, as being...

1) Ignorant of history - Although, the people claiming this obviously have no idea what the hell they are talking about and need to pick up a history book.

For example, an armchair historian stated the following:

Quote:Someone needs to explain to this idiot that the Christian crusades were a response to Muslim atrocities when the Muslim's spread into Europe. That doesn't justify atrocities ,but it does explain the motivation of the Christians.

However...

the First Crusade started when the Christian ruler of Byzantium asked Pope Urban II to send a few forces to help him deal with the Seljuk Turks. These recent Muslim converts had taken control of Turkey and Assyria, as well as wrestled Jerusalem away from the Fatimids (more tolerant Muslims). Instead, Pope Urban II called up a huge force in 1095 with the intent of taking those lands in the name of the Papacy. In 1096, a portion of this army massacred Rhineland Jews that were already living in Europe at the time. The Fatmids took back control of Jerusalem in 1098, allowing Christians to return. Therefore, when the crusaders erupted into the city in the summer of 1099, they killed not only Muslims who were friendly to Christians, they killed their coreligionist brothers and Jews (again).

2) Black or mulatto - Only racist assholes care about this.

3) Born in Kenya - This has been shown to be otherwise. Only birthers think this (also see my answer for #2). This is simply an attempt to "other" (marginalize) Obama and make him appear less American. This makes him an easier target.

4) A secret Muslim - Yet, he just compared Muslim and Christian atrocities in the same light. This is another attempt at othering.

I, unfortunately, read some of the comments but I had to stop. Their stupidity is amazing.

My sister-in-law thinks Obama is a Muslim. I have no words.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-02-2015, 01:52 PM
If Obama said he was going to push for constitutional amendments to transform the US into a Christian theocracy he would still piss off the religious right somehow.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-02-2015, 02:02 PM
When I read the comments, I get sincerely sad. I don't know if it's pity, frustration, or confusion. But I look at the anger and hate in these people, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to feel this way. The ways they vilify Obama are almost like how a villain in a comic book is portrayed. I saw memes with Obama with horns. I saw people saying he was trying to be the lord. I saw people saying the only reason he hasn't been impeached is because he is black, and a black president would only get impeached if black America wants to impeach them. It's just a tragedy. Our country, or maybe or species, is such a shame.

At least sometimes.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.