Obama pissed the christians off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: Obama pissed the christians off
Obama was pissing off the righties in his first run, is stump speeches he was saying America was for everyone, naming all major religions including non believers, and even had the same type sentence in his Inauguration speech

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
06-02-2015, 02:19 PM
There is an idiot on my FB page trying to defend the Crusades. FacepalmWeeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2015, 02:37 PM
This president of America seems cool. And there goes my argument - When I criticize Islam, it doesn't mean I think Christianity is any better; so please don't confuse me for a far right Jesus nazi freak

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Quote: But one key difference is the Crusaders and Inquisitors didn't have the means to obtain nuclear weapons.

They did plenty of damage with swords and spears.

Amusingly, the only nation that has actually used nuclear weapons is us.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
(06-02-2015 08:10 AM)Toney Wrote:  http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-o...OQRR4vx.97

All he said was the truth.

I don't see what the problem was. He mentioned past events that did take place. He didn't even say that Christians today are horrible. It would be like a German being offended because someone said Hitler killed Jews during WW2...

Fucking Christians, they think that the sun shines out their fucking asses and they're somehow superior to everyone around them. Well I got news for you 'Murican Christians, your poo ain't roses, it's fucking poo like everyone else's.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Came across to me as being one long "No True Scotsman" argument.

As always, those who commit terrible acts in the name of one religion or another, can't possibly be genuine followers of that faith, but have "hijacked" it to pursue their blood/power lust.

Bullshit...

If religious belief can make people perform acts of self-immolation, there is every reason to think it can make killers out of ordinary people too...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
06-02-2015, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 06:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-02-2015 01:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  If Obama said he was going to push for constitutional amendments to transform the US into a Christian theocracy he would still piss off the religious right somehow.

That's a white christian man's job. Nigger muslim jungle monkey from Kenya doing it is blasphemous.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-02-2015, 07:25 PM
I look forward to the day a newly elected president drops the A bomb. It might go something like this:

My fellow Americans, I am atheist, fooled ya. Now where are them babies to kiss? I just want to eat them up!

But seriously one of the first things I’ll do as President will be to pass a bill to rescind tax-exempt status to all religious organizations. The taxes collected will be used to fund additional infrastructure projects.

I have also ordered the US mint to remove any mention of God from our currency, God don’t need no money...you hear that you scum sucking preachers! Quit taking money from your congregations so you can build mega-churches near your mega-mantions.

Sorry, where was I? Oh yes, I’m call this my First 100 Days to Bring America Back to the Separation of Church and State state!

I will be appointing actual scientists to head the following*:
Agriculture*
Education and the Workforce*
Energy and Commerce*
Natural Resources*
Science, Space, and Technology*

Yes they will have to have PhDs from accredited universities, no Oral Robert U graduates, thank you very much.

Time to take our country back from those that have undermined our founding fathers intent. How do you like them apples? A little nod to my boy Newton there with the apple reference heh heh.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-02-2015, 07:33 PM
(06-02-2015 07:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I look forward to the day a newly elected president drops the A bomb. It might go something like this:

immediately followed by this
[Image: frankenstein-castle.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
(06-02-2015 06:22 PM)Sam Wrote:  Came across to me as being one long "No True Scotsman" argument.

As always, those who commit terrible acts in the name of one religion or another, can't possibly be genuine followers of that faith, but have "hijacked" it to pursue their blood/power lust.

Bullshit...

If religious belief can make people perform acts of self-immolation, there is every reason to think it can make killers out of ordinary people too...

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire,

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post