Obama retools his political operation for post-Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 04:33 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ob...ool-233337

Quote:Barack Obama doesn’t want his post-presidency to be all about Donald Trump, but he knows some of it’s going to have to be.
Trump’s win upended his plans for life after leaving office, and people who’ve been talking to him say he’s been quietly sorting out how to honor the tradition of withholding criticism of his successor as he also considers how best to salvage his legacy and rebuild his party.

Quote:And Obama has identified a few issues that would draw him out directly: a Muslim ban, though he still considers the chances of that remote, or moves that would cut back on the protections he put in place for the children, known as Dreamers, who were brought to the country illegally as minors and who’ve been living here since.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Maybe him and Hillary can hang out together more often now.
09-01-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Obama retools his political operation for post-Trump
Obama has been a disappointment on multiple levels, but we are going to be nostalgic for him in, oh, about two weeks, I'll wager.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
09-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Obama may not be an angel, but the Right hindered him at every turn.

I heard Trump is talking about taking 25% from social services. Is this true?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-01-2017, 08:47 PM
(09-01-2017 08:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Obama may not be an angel, but the Right hindered him at every turn.

U.S. Presidents cannot make law. Trump cannot take 25% from social services as he does not write the budget bills. Only congress could do this, and he could sign it into the law after both houses of congress pass it.

Obama probably would have tried to use an executive order to ADD 25% to social services programs, because that's his usual way to get things done. The anti American way is Obama's legacy.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
09-01-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 09:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-01-2017 08:47 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 08:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Obama may not be an angel, but the Right hindered him at every turn.

U.S. Presidents cannot make law. Trump cannot take 25% from social services as he does not write the budget bills. Only congress could do this, and he could sign it into the law after both houses of congress pass it.

Obama probably would have tried to use an executive order to ADD 25% to social services programs, because that's his usual way to get things done. The anti American way is Obama's legacy.

Actually the Obama legacy is rescuing and restoring the economy from the complete fucking disaster Dubya Bush left.

And as usual, Lord Dick Head is ALL WRONG. Ronald Reagan did more executive orders than Obama.
LDH is just pulling shit out of his ass as usual. He has this "fake" made-up bullshit version of a history that never happened in his pea-brain.
http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/number-of...president/

And, as a matter of fact, there's an ENTIRE branch of law that they DO make.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_law

Oh well. LDH made a fool of yet again.
Better luck next time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 9 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-01-2017, 10:20 PM
(09-01-2017 08:47 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obama probably would have tried to use an executive order to ADD 25% to social services programs, because that's his usual way to get things done. The anti American way is Obama's legacy.

I will have to agree with Bucky Ball on this issue. Obama's use of executive orders was bellow the average of modern Presidents who passed 8 years in office. We, of course, have to exclude Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson from this average due to the exceptionnal circomstances of their presidencies. I think the last President who passed less executive orders than Obama and also passed 8 years in office was Ulysse S.Grant. I guess the anti-American way is that of not passing a lot of executive orders. Your rethoric seems to be fed by you not agreeing with his executive orders not because he abused of them.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
09-01-2017, 10:24 PM
(09-01-2017 10:20 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 08:47 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obama probably would have tried to use an executive order to ADD 25% to social services programs, because that's his usual way to get things done. The anti American way is Obama's legacy.

I will have to agree with Bucky Ball on this issue. Obama's use of executive orders was bellow the average of modern Presidents who passed 8 years in office. We, of course, have to exclude Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson from this average due to the exceptionnal circomstances of their presidencies. I think the last President who passed less executive orders than Obama and also passed 8 years in office was Ulysse S.Grant. I guess the anti-American way is that of not passing a lot of executive orders. Your rethoric seems to be fed by you not agreeing with his executive orders not because he abused of them.

I would put good money if you listed all of Obama's Executive orders and changed the name from Obama to Reagan he would be jizzing his pants over how good they were.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-01-2017, 10:27 PM
(09-01-2017 10:20 PM)epronovost Wrote:  

It's not about the number of executive orders. Reagan might have more executive orders but the Supreme Court let the majority of them stand because he stayed within the constitution.

It's the scope of executive orders.

Obama has lost 44 cases in the Supreme Court with 9-0 verdicts. Even liberal justices shot him down.

Practically everything he has done has been stopped by the courts because of his executive overreach.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
09-01-2017, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 10:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-01-2017 10:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 10:20 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I will have to agree with Bucky Ball on this issue. Obama's use of executive orders was bellow the average of modern Presidents who passed 8 years in office. We, of course, have to exclude Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson from this average due to the exceptionnal circomstances of their presidencies. I think the last President who passed less executive orders than Obama and also passed 8 years in office was Ulysse S.Grant. I guess the anti-American way is that of not passing a lot of executive orders. Your rethoric seems to be fed by you not agreeing with his executive orders not because he abused of them.

It's not about the number of executive orders. Reagan might have more executive orders but the Supreme Court let the majority of them stand because he stayed within the constitution.

It's the scope of executive orders.

Obama has lost 44 cases in the Supreme Court with 9-0 verdicts. Even liberal justices shot him down.

Practically everything he has done has been stopped by the courts because of his executive overreach.

But you just said they don't make law. And you were wrong.
Why should anyone listen to ANYTHING you say.
You never said anything about "scope" BEFORE it was pointed out to you you were wrong again.

How EXACTLY are you determining "scope" ?
Oh you don't know.
Why are we not surprised.

And BTW, it was not 44 executive order cases they lost. It was cases in general.
http://rare.us/story/obama-has-faced-mor...president/
Nice try.
More lies and distortions from the Dick Head Lord.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.