Obama retools his political operation for post-Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Obama retools his political operation for post-Trump
(10-01-2017 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:03 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You employ sarcasm, and especially the sarcastic paraphrase, in place of argumentation. It's because you want everyone to know that you are in agreeance with them - without doing the work to formulate a contradiction for that with which you disagree. Your position on any given thing is not found through reason or argumentation, but rather through conforming with what's popular among your peers.

You're this old but this stupid. Have fun with that.

Yeah.
Like we ALL saw you "make an argument". Laugh out load

I never paid any attention to you on TTA.
Are you like new here ?
The forum's grumpy old fart ?

You literally just did what I accused girlyman of in response to accusing girlyman of doing it.

Imagine being that stupid Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2017, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-01-2017 07:23 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah.

Are you like new here ?

You literally just did what I accused girlyman of in response to accusing girlyman of doing it.

Yabut I did it better. Suck on that Fullerene. :satchelgrab:

#sigh
10-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Obama retools his political operation for post-Trump
(10-01-2017 05:53 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 05:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I think you need to take a few of these.
[Image: 84ba9f14705d5e633cd12e633626ec8f.jpg]

[Image: Slim-Kick-Chilli-Pepper-Weight-Loss-Diet...psules.jpg]

I see you have been rummaging in your mother's medicine cabinet.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
10-01-2017, 07:44 PM
(10-01-2017 07:03 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You're this old but this stupid. Have fun with that.

I cannot and will not speak for GM. However, when I come across someone as idiotic as you, I find them often to be unworthy of a response.

So often, being Aussie, I just tell 'em to Fuck Off.

Fuck Off.

Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 08:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-01-2017 07:03 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You employ sarcasm,

That's just silly. Sarcasm is not something one can just "employ" willy-nilly like it's some sorta rhetorical tool anyone can just pull out anytime they want, that's just fucking arrogant. You think you're Chuck Norris or something. Sarcasm is not something that can be compelled. It is a fundamental force of nature incessantly and irrevocably drawn to those most in need of it.

#sigh
10-01-2017, 08:24 PM
(10-01-2017 07:23 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah.

Are you like new here ?

So I get it now.
Your shtick is to tell people they're stupid for not making any argument, but you don't make one, and you think telling people they're stupid will distract from the fact you don't make any arguments.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-01-2017, 09:30 PM
(10-01-2017 07:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:03 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You employ sarcasm,

That's just silly. Sarcasm is not something one can just "employ" willy-nilly like it's some sorta rhetorical tool anyone can just pull out anytime they want, that's just fucking arrogant. You think you're Chuck Norris or something. Sarcasm is not something that can be compelled. It is a fundamental force of nature incessantly and irrevocably drawn to those most in need of it.

... and done well, it approaches high art. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-01-2017, 11:32 PM
(10-01-2017 08:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 11:12 PM)BryanS Wrote:  --immigration orders....unconstitutional
--packing the National Labor Relations Board....unconstitutional
--rewriting minimum wage laws...unconstitutional

I cannot think of similar examples from other presidents in my living memory--maybe such examples exist and you guys can bring them up here. Obama has claimed he has a right to implement major policies through executive order due to congress not acting, but the president does not have this right. Liberals will be glad that precedent setting cases brought against the Obama admin have firmed up the separation of powers that we rely on to keep power abusing presidents in check. Too bad liberals (outside of the court system) did not care about this issue during the Obama admin.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...g-history/
appointments to the national labor relations board are the president's right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_La...ions_Board

Oh well. 1/3 is a flunk, but at least it's not zero, like LDH, who tried to say executive orders were "The anti American way is Obama's legacy" as he thought we are all as ignorant as he is.

And yet the Supreme court ruled unanimously, reversing Obama's appointments.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...eae332dff4

Withholding consent on a nominee is the Senate's constitutional right, which is precisely what the Senate was doing when it refused to appoint Obama's nominees to the NLRB. Obama disregarded that right of the Senate to withhold their consent and made his appointments anyway, declaring on his own that the Senate was not in session when in fact the Senate was holding pro-forma session expressly for the purpose of withholding their consent to Obama's nominees.

I will note that the article above also points out that the Democrats' decision to nuke the filibuster made this case a bit less momentous in its outcome due to the fact that thanx to the Democrats, Presidents no longer have to try to obtain bipartisan support for their nominations. Democrats were all in favor of increasing the power of the presidency when their guy was in power--they are regretting it now, though. To his credit, at least Chuck Schumer advised against nuking the filibuster for presidential nominees. Now he has to live with this new power the Democrats gave the presidency, with no real ability to challenge Trumps nominations.
11-01-2017, 04:30 AM
(10-01-2017 07:41 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 05:53 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  [Image: Slim-Kick-Chilli-Pepper-Weight-Loss-Diet...psules.jpg]

I see you have been rummaging in your mother's medicine cabinet.

Gilgy is definitely on the rag, Consider Do you suppose he uses tampon or towels? Perhaps he's got one stuck it would explain why he's so grumpy.Big Grin
11-01-2017, 06:27 AM
Man, there I make a post about what Obama will do in the future. I come back 24 hours later to - this.

It's getting hard to have any kind of productive conversation here. Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man