Obamacare, keeping the poor in poverty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Obamacare, keeping the poor in poverty
(31-07-2015 01:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  No, when earning $1 dollar more in annual income cost you $3300 you are not screwing yourself. You are being screwed by a fucked up system.

No, when you forgo long-term results for short-term reasons like this, you're being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

One is also being an idiot for not doing some tax planning. If $1 cost him $3,300 in taxes, then not giving the buck to the animnal shelter was just fucking stupid. So there's that. But hey. Some people love to whine and bitch and piss and moan all day. Far be it from me to rain on their little pity party.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-07-2015, 01:21 PM
(31-07-2015 01:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  No, when earning $1 dollar more in annual income cost you $3300 you are not screwing yourself. You are being screwed by a fucked up system.

No, when you forgo long-term results for short-term reasons like this, you're being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Typical left wing response....blame the business owner. When earning 1 extra dollar causes you to pay $3300 more in taxes.....well that is just fucked up. Its the idiots who designed this shitty corporate giveaway on the backs of the middle class law's fault. Not the business owner.
31-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Perhaps the income bracket should look more like a slope than a set of stairs. Last year was my highest income year to date, but not the one in which I had the most disposable income Tongue I'm not rich but far from poor, so no complaints. I also just finished about 5 months of paternity leave, during which I got paid by the government of Quebec based on my previous year's pay, and despite having just started a new job right before taking the paternity leave. So again, no complaints

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
31-07-2015, 02:11 PM
(31-07-2015 01:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Perhaps the income bracket should look more like a slope than a set of stairs. Last year was my highest income year to date, but not the one in which I had the most disposable income Tongue I'm not rich but far from poor, so no complaints. I also just finished about 5 months of paternity leave, during which I got paid by the government of Quebec based on my previous year's pay, and despite having just started a new job right before taking the paternity leave. So again, no complaints

When you make something progressive, like taxes, it should be a function and not brackets. I understand why they started out using brackets but with computers becoming common place they really should switch over to functions.
31-07-2015, 08:26 PM
(31-07-2015 12:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 09:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're misplacing the responsibility. They are screwing themselves over.

And yeah, $80,000 is not poor.

No, when earning $1 dollar more in annual income cost you $3300 you are not screwing yourself. You are being screwed by a fucked up system.

[Image: 1390269212824.png]

How about some actual evidence for those figures?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-07-2015, 08:48 PM
(31-07-2015 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 01:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, when you forgo long-term results for short-term reasons like this, you're being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

One is also being an idiot for not doing some tax planning. If $1 cost him $3,300 in taxes, then not giving the buck to the animnal shelter was just fucking stupid. So there's that. But hey. Some people love to whine and bitch and piss and moan all day. Far be it from me to rain on their little pity party.

Lol, expecting Heywood to donate money to an animal shelter? The guy won't even give a parolee a chance at a job unless he can hire the parolee at slave wages. Fuck the animals!
31-07-2015, 08:51 PM
(31-07-2015 01:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 01:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, when you forgo long-term results for short-term reasons like this, you're being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Typical left wing response....blame the business owner. When earning 1 extra dollar causes you to pay $3300 more in taxes.....well that is just fucked up. Its the idiots who designed this shitty corporate giveaway on the backs of the middle class law's fault. Not the business owner.

I didn't blame the business owner, as anyone with a moderate skill in English can see. I blamed the person forgoing opportunity for long-term career advancement because of short-term financial loss.

Please, read for comprehension. Being obstreperous for its own sake will not advance this discussion.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-07-2015, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 10:01 PM by TheGulegon.)
One of my family members had their health insurance taken care of through a company that wasn't recognized by the Obamacare system. He had to switch to one that was and lost a fair amount of money invested with the old company in the process! Ol' boy might just have got confused, but I'd be willing to tell him I have no sympathy for his plight, as he is not poor, if what happened to him was a by-product of the rearranging that was necessary to ensure all poor people have free universal health care that they previously didn't have enough money, after putting food on the table, to afford!

Does Obamacare provide free universal health care for people who didn't have enough money to buy some in the first place? Cuz if not, I'm not impressed!

I don't think Obamacare incentivizes poor people to stay poor Dodgy but I am wary of any law mandating people buy something, not being implemented alongside whole volumes of new regulatory legislature to make sure the people selling (what is now against the law not to own) can't gouge the hell out of people where ever and whenever they can! Undecided

31-07-2015, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 10:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-07-2015 06:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny old thing dickhead, I actually make decent money and do fulfilling work. Maybe you should stop projecting.

You obviously lying about making decent money. You're too stupid to make decent money.

He haz teh codez. You doz not haz teh codez. You iz the liar too stupid to make decent money. Let's whip out W2s and compare income dick sizes. asshole.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-08-2015, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 02:37 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(31-07-2015 08:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  

[Image: 1390269212824.png]

How about some actual evidence for those figures?

I provided it. Read the thread. Plug in the circumstances I provided into an exchange and see what it spits out.