Obamas Birth Certificate.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 07:04 AM
RE: Obamas Birth Certificate.
when will this go away. I don't even like Obama but seriously? The masses are clearly in his corner which is frustrating for conservatives but it seems that since they can't sway public opinion about his effectiveness at the presidency, they are just in desperation trying to find something, anything to get him out of here so the birth certificate debacle comes up. And he did show a birth certificate. Only to have the right complain about how it should have been longer. Also, how many people would be able to validly debunk this and yet the only people that are making this argument are "politicians". This is right-wing apologetics and though I am a conservative, I dont think we have to stoop to this level.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 09:41 AM
What's funny about this issue is he released the stupid thing and people still hold on to the illusion that it's somehow not true and he's not eligible to be President.

I'm not a fan of Obama's but I have no time or respect for people who base their opinions on proven lies and can't make an argument on the merits.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-08-2012, 01:18 PM
(13-08-2012 09:41 AM)BnW Wrote:  What's funny about this issue is he released the stupid thing and people still hold on to the illusion that it's somehow not true and he's not eligible to be President.

I'm not a fan of Obama's but I have no time or respect for people who base their opinions on proven lies and can't make an argument on the merits.

right on my man Thumbsup at some point you cut it off and move to the next item. i wish people would just let this one go for all of our sakes.
13-08-2012, 05:11 PM
This issue has had legs because of the way Obama and his team have handled it.

Obama owes it to Americans to leave no doubt about his place of birth since it does affect his legitimacy to hold office.

Why he/his team decided to withhold, or tell the State of Hawaii to withhold or not release any information about his birth is just odd. It naturally raises questions. When you won't release something that any American would need to produce in order to get a passport is just naturally going to raise questions. Why he/his team waited so long to do so still seems really odd to me. It leads to the same speculation that Romney will face in not releasing tax returns - "what's he hiding" is the natural question to ask. I'll be that many of you that think it's unreasonable to ask about Obama's birth will think it makes perfect sense to wonder what Romney is hiding. And the same people openly question whether George Bush was twice legally elected. Just admit that what you think depends on where you sit politically. For me, I think all questions of legitimacy should be explored and put to rest, with the person in question bearing the responsibility to his/her fellow citizens to do everything possible to put the issue to rest.

To address the issue about McCain, I have to wonder if you are really serious. There is no question from any qualified source as to the ability of someone in McCain's situation to be considered a natural born citizen. See this for more http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/pol...ccain.html

Also, playing the "he's white" card on McCain is bullshit. Apparently it's easier to play the race card than it is to research the issue.

Finally, the US electorate is not the first group to be confused about Obama's place of birth. Somehow, on such a simple question, Obama's own literary agent managed to get it "wrong" in publishing a booklet about Obama that said:

"Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White." (see links below on this, both from the right-leaning Breitbart site and the left-leaning HuffPo site.)

Why do people, both those ideologically aligned with Obama, and those ideologically against him, manage to think his place of birth is outside the US?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...sia-Hawaii

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-pint...30399.html
13-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Your comments have some factual inaccuracies in it. The Obama team didn't tell Hawaii, or anyone else, how to handle questions about his birth or his birth certificate. The state of Hawaii came up with a response all on their own.

The way the Obama campaign reacted to it was to treat it as something so stupid, it did not deserve to be dignified with a response. Personally, I thought he was better served sticking with that position but what do I know?

As for the "white" card being bullshit, I disagree. There is no way this game gets played if his was white-bread Barry O'Bain from New England. No way, no how, no chance. This had everything to do with his race.

On the flip side, an ordinary white guy with under 1 full term in the Senate and no other relevant experience also most likely would never would have gotten the nomination, so the race game probably cuts both ways here.

13-08-2012, 08:26 PM
(13-08-2012 06:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  The Obama team didn't tell Hawaii, or anyone else, how to handle questions about his birth or his birth certificate. The state of Hawaii came up with a response all on their own.

Eventually Obama's team did something to get the State to release everything. They could have done that much sooner. He's the President. To say that some state bureaucracy was holding up some document he wanted released is ridiculous.

(13-08-2012 06:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  The way the Obama campaign reacted to it was to treat it as something so stupid, it did not deserve to be dignified with a response.

Yes they did, but the electorate has a right to be skeptical of unsubstantiated claims, and a leader owes it to the people to demonstrate fitness for office.
13-08-2012, 10:53 PM
My question is why does it matter if someone is born in America or not to become president? Does it make their views any better? Now of course I would say they should at least have to have lived here for 10 years or so, but born? I really don't see the big deal.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
13-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Obamas Birth Certificate.
(13-08-2012 10:53 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  My question is why does it matter if someone is born in America or not to become president? Does it make their views any better? Now of course I would say they should at least have to have lived here for 10 years or so, but born? I really don't see the big deal.

It matters because it's the law.

If you want to gather enough votes to change the Constitution, good luck. In the meantime, anyone trying to circumvent the requirements of the Constitution is not only breaking the law, they're being deceitful.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-08-2012, 07:37 AM
(13-08-2012 08:26 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(13-08-2012 06:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  The Obama team didn't tell Hawaii, or anyone else, how to handle questions about his birth or his birth certificate. The state of Hawaii came up with a response all on their own.

Eventually Obama's team did something to get the State to release everything. They could have done that much sooner. He's the President. To say that some state bureaucracy was holding up some document he wanted released is ridiculous.

(13-08-2012 06:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  The way the Obama campaign reacted to it was to treat it as something so stupid, it did not deserve to be dignified with a response.

Yes they did, but the electorate has a right to be skeptical of unsubstantiated claims, and a leader owes it to the people to demonstrate fitness for office.

1. They got Hawaii to release it, but they had no impact on what Hawaii did prior to that.
2. What was unsubstantiated was the claim that he was not born in the US. His birth certificate and proof of birth in Hawaii had been reviewed by dozens of people prior to him getting the nomination. He had no obligation to do squat after that, especially as this was fairly obviously driven by prejudice. How else do you explain most of the idiots screaming for this also claiming he was really a "closet Muslim", whatever that may be.

Like I said, not a fan of Obama and have no plans to vote for him in November, but I'm even less of a fan of conspiracy wingnuts with obvious agendas.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
14-08-2012, 08:55 AM
(14-08-2012 07:37 AM)BnW Wrote:  Like I said, not a fan of Obama and have no plans to vote for him in November, but I'm even less of a fan of conspiracy wingnuts with obvious agendas.

Dear Non-existent Lord, please tell me you're not voting for the Mormon. No

[Image: Obama%27s%20birth%20certificate.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post