Objecting the concept of a Deity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: Objecting the concept of a Deity
(21-12-2012 12:06 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  Not sure how to use the tools of the forum at my disposal yet on quoting a post as vos has
Here you go.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-12-2012, 02:28 PM
(22-12-2012 02:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 12:06 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  Not sure how to use the tools of the forum at my disposal yet on quoting a post as vos has
Here you go.

I laughed so hard knowing that was you.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-12-2012, 02:43 PM
(22-12-2012 12:38 PM)Yolanii Jasmine Resse Wrote:  Ma'am (or Sir) the lack of dissproof has never constituted for actual evidence, it is the most worn and weak argument you can present to users, I can apply that logic to anything and get the same results!

Consider

Nice opening.

Welcome to the forum.

22-12-2012, 04:24 PM
(22-12-2012 02:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey TS. Remember what I congratulated you for in your first post ? Honesty and civility. Both gone. Turns out all you really wanted was somewhere to announce that you were really very smart and everyone else is dumb and should believe in Jesus. You repeatedly said you were too bored / too lazy to think through the points you yourself were making, repeatedly claimed that others were 'ignoring what you said' and that you had 'refuted' their counterarguments.

This is lousy debate style and no one will be fooled by it. Try watching some William Lane Craig if you want some pointers on how to be more effective at making people think that you actually know what you're talking about.

I didn't lash out first. The "attack" dogs came at me, and with no apparent preparation. My civility stops when I'm being insulted for no reason. So far, by definition, I'm an atheist it would seem. And yet i find myself in a defensive position? On an atheist forum? Why? DLJ lost his civility first. And I never said anyone should believe in Jesus? You are a moron, when did i ever say that? The shear fact that I said you can't disprove God's existence? is that why I am face with an overwhelming force of heat? Then it would seem the hatred for the faith is strong here. Must be a touchy subject that when mentioned unleashes all "hell", haha. Look you all can believe what you would like to, I'm no one to say what to believe, as I have mentioned many times. But the fact that the "no disproof" theory infuriates you so, well that just makes me think you are prejudice. And looking for a fight. I just wanted to engage in simple conversation Smile my insulting post to DLJ was in response to his insult. Fact. Soooo... what, your going to tell me that's a lie too? If you do, your in serious denial.
22-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Ok now i see why everyone is SO damn upset hahaha. I present my "no disproof" theory, and everyone assumeded I was trying to use it as "proof" that god exists. That is incorrect. I've seen forums on here that ask for all the facts and evidence that supports there is no God, and NONE of those "disprove" the possibility of a deity. I don't know why you want to deny something that is POSSIBLE,(though in my view, as I have stated, is unlikely), so badly. Did not mean to upset the thinkers of the forum. Maybe it was my unwillingness to break. I say, you cannot disprove a deity's existence, because you CAN'T. It is beyond our technological capability. We CAN disprove there are no unicorns on earth. Simple camera system can prove that. NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. Wink All of you are very bright people, and seemed open minded and nice at first, but i see that most are closed. Such a waste of intellectual talent... Again sorry for upsetting the balance of plausible deniability.
22-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh and i believe its very clear I'm a man, such an insult reminds me of something a child would say. Throwing fits on this forum must be a common occurrence. Even for those i would expect to be much more mature than that. This is beginning to seem like a forum of babies, rather than a forum of intellectuals.
22-12-2012, 04:46 PM
What I want is for my last three posts to be proven wrong, and i doubt you can. And when you cannot, I wish for an apology. Which I probably won't receive, as a forum of "big babies" are too childish to do. So really, the only way anyone can PROVE me wrong on anything I've said on here, then it would be the post of an apology. Wink Otherwise I probably have nothing to gain from this forum as I may have once thought.
22-12-2012, 05:10 PM
(22-12-2012 04:43 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  Oh and i believe its very clear I'm a man, such an insult reminds me of something a child would say. Throwing fits on this forum must be a common occurrence. Even for those i would expect to be much more mature than that. This is beginning to seem like a forum of babies, rather than a forum of intellectuals.
I've not yet had the chance to peruse all the 34 posts you've so far made, but I certainly do enjoy it when someone complains about something and then does it the next few sentences later.

34 posts and you've come to a conclusion of the forum already. Damn, I think we have a record (not really).

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
22-12-2012, 05:16 PM
(22-12-2012 04:46 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  What I want is for my last three posts to be proven wrong, and i doubt you can. And when you cannot, I wish for an apology. Which I probably won't receive, as a forum of "big babies" are too childish to do. So really, the only way anyone can PROVE me wrong on anything I've said on here, then it would be the post of an apology. Wink Otherwise I probably have nothing to gain from this forum as I may have once thought.
No, you have been shown to be wrong in your primary thesis.

You stated:
Quote:My theory is this; those who harbor such a strong objection to the existence of God are those whom have had certain events unfold in their lives.

I responded that the reason many atheists object to belief is that there is no evidence; there were no 'events' that unfolded. You never responded to this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-12-2012, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2012 06:00 PM by fstratzero.)
(22-12-2012 04:46 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  What I want is for my last three posts to be proven wrong, and i doubt you can. And when you cannot, I wish for an apology. Which I probably won't receive, as a forum of "big babies" are too childish to do. So really, the only way anyone can PROVE me wrong on anything I've said on here, then it would be the post of an apology. Wink Otherwise I probably have nothing to gain from this forum as I may have once thought.
I'm sorry *hugs*

But if you come onto a forum and say things people do not agree with then you will have to debate it, and realize they are not attacking you as a person just your ideas.

Sometimes the debates get frustrating and ad hominems(insults) will fly, but that's a good point to pause and take a break. Come back later when you are a bit more calm and able to argue rationally.
[Image: kitten-hugs-30.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post