Objecting the concept of a Deity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: Objecting the concept of a Deity
(22-12-2012 04:36 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  Ok now i see why everyone is SO damn upset hahaha. I present my "no disproof" theory, and everyone assumeded I was trying to use it as "proof" that god exists. That is incorrect. I've seen forums on here that ask for all the facts and evidence that supports there is no God, and NONE of those "disprove" the possibility of a deity. I don't know why you want to deny something that is POSSIBLE,(though in my view, as I have stated, is unlikely), so badly. Did not mean to upset the thinkers of the forum. Maybe it was my unwillingness to break. I say, you cannot disprove a deity's existence, because you CAN'T. It is beyond our technological capability. We CAN disprove there are no unicorns on earth. Simple camera system can prove that. NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. Wink All of you are very bright people, and seemed open minded and nice at first, but i see that most are closed. Such a waste of intellectual talent... Again sorry for upsetting the balance of plausible deniability.
Not at all. We acknowledge the possibility, but that is not how a skeptic operates. We calculate the different variables and hold what is most probable, and regard all other possibilities untrue until proven otherwise. It is not close-mindedness, it is logic. Are you not aware of agnostic atheism?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2012, 06:48 PM
(22-12-2012 05:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 04:46 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  What I want is for my last three posts to be proven wrong, and i doubt you can. And when you cannot, I wish for an apology. Which I probably won't receive, as a forum of "big babies" are too childish to do. So really, the only way anyone can PROVE me wrong on anything I've said on here, then it would be the post of an apology. Wink Otherwise I probably have nothing to gain from this forum as I may have once thought.

No, you have been shown to be wrong in your primary thesis.

You stated:

Quote:My theory is this; those who harbor such a strong objection to the existence of God are those whom have had certain events unfold in their lives.

I responded that the reason many atheists object to belief is that there is no evidence; there were no 'events' that unfolded. You never responded to this.
In fact, i have responded to that very request, sir. You may have missed it. I went into detail and gave an example of what that statement meant. And on you first part of this post, you seem to be assuming that statement was my primary thesis. Well I hate to burst you bubble, but it was not. If you have been reading my posts, you'd know by basis for my view on "no disproof". fstratzero, you are correct. I couldn't agree more. I should try and not let ridiculous and lewd remarks bother me so. Thank you for the reminder.
22-12-2012, 06:55 PM
(22-12-2012 05:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Not at all. We acknowledge the possibility, but that is not how a skeptic operates. We calculate the different variables and hold what is most probable, and regard all other possibilities untrue until proven otherwise. It is not close-mindedness, it is logic. Are you not aware of agnostic atheism?
A method coming straight out of one of my idolized personas, Sherlock Holmes. First time someone on here changed my mind. Very impressive, and since you put it that way, I will admit my "no disproof" view is somewhat flawed, although its basis still can't be denied. But remarkable, no one has ever been able to phrase the method in those words. My impression of the way you all were thinking was the shear inability to acknowledge a deities existence due to the hatred, perhaps fear of such an existence. Which would be understandable, but indeed closed minded, and incorrect. Thank you for the enlightenment.
22-12-2012, 08:23 PM
(22-12-2012 04:46 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  What I want is for my last three posts to be proven wrong, and i doubt you can. And when you cannot, I wish for an apology.
[Image: if-wishes-were-horses.jpg]
Good fucking luck! Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
22-12-2012, 08:54 PM
(22-12-2012 04:24 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...
my insulting post to DLJ was in response to his insult.

I have now re-read the whole thread twice and I couldn't find what it was to which you took exception.

No need to reply 'cos I felt no insult. I am not after an apology.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-12-2012, 08:54 PM
(22-12-2012 08:23 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 04:46 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  What I want is for my last three posts to be proven wrong, and i doubt you can. And when you cannot, I wish for an apology.
[Image: if-wishes-were-horses.jpg]

Children. lol
22-12-2012, 08:55 PM
(22-12-2012 08:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 04:24 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...
my insulting post to DLJ was in response to his insult.

I have now re-read the whole thread twice and I couldn't find what it was to which you took exception.

No need to reply 'cos I felt no insult. I am not after an apology.

Smile
I also looked. No insult found. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-12-2012, 08:56 PM
If there is a god I know it is not an intervening one. Which basically cuts out the majority of gods in one fell swoop.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
22-12-2012, 09:00 PM
(22-12-2012 08:56 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If there is a god I know it is not an intervening one.
God works in mysterious ways. Hobo

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-12-2012, 09:16 PM
(22-12-2012 08:54 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 08:23 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  [Image: if-wishes-were-horses.jpg]

Children. lol
That would be child, since you're replying just to me. If you're going to insult, learn fucking the terminology.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post