Objecting the concept of a Deity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Objecting the concept of a Deity
(21-12-2012 04:44 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Ignored?

Ouch. I thought I wrote a virtual novella of detailed itemized responses, point for point. Sorry, I don't know how to ignore you less than that. My bad.

Now all I need is someone, maybe Chas or Erx, to tell me to ignore him more...
I really really am impressed with that wall of text. its huge lol. and you are very smart, i can tell you know exactly what your doing. very skillfull debater. i will post a response to that and explain why u must have again skipped over questions of yours i already answered. if we were all in person id owe you guys a coffee lol. and sorry for any outbirsts, im just tired lol. i have to rest now. be back tomorrow Aseptic i got you man i wont leave you hangin lol. DLJ, your down right stubborn. whole in my logic? very impressive insult, especially since you failed to specify exactly how i am flawed, and i have repeatedly proved how you are the one flawed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 04:58 PM
(21-12-2012 04:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 04:45 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  but thats the my whole basis Vos, we do have the tools. ok if you want to put us in w world where we dont, then fine, we have no way to know. but thats not reality. the reality is that we can know these things. and its important to find them out
In that case, you should be able to answer my question with ease. How do you prove or disprove the claim I made? How do you find out anything about the events that occur beneath the surface of a planet that is billions of light years away?
now were getting somewhere very excellent. this can be answered i promise, but this is treading territory where i am not an expert in, so i will cite my findings. i have seen answers to these very type of questions vos i assure you. i will provide an answer probably not right now im sooo tired. but for a teaser, think of how we know that inside our sun( a star) there is constant fussion inside? u can even do a quick youtube search on how we know that hydrogen is the suns fuel source. its there man. and i wil provide all the evdence you want first thing tomorrow. im glad your so open minded.
21-12-2012, 05:00 PM
(21-12-2012 04:58 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  now were getting somewhere very excellent. this can be answered i promise, but this is treading territory where i am not an expert in, so i will cite my findings. i have seen answers to these very type of questions vos i assure you. i will provide an answer probably not right now im sooo tired. but for a teaser, think of how we know that inside our sun( a star) there is constant fussion inside? u can even do a quick youtube search on how we know that hydrogen is the suns fuel source. its there man. and i wil provide all the evdence you want first thing tomorrow. im glad your so open minded.
Well, stop talking about going to sleep and do it instead. I can wait. Sleepy
21-12-2012, 05:28 PM
(21-12-2012 04:51 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...
I really really am impressed with that wall of text. its huge lol. and you are very smart, i can tell you know exactly what your doing. very skillfull debater. i will post a response to that and explain why u must have again skipped over questions of yours i already answered. if we were all in person id owe you guys a coffee lol. and sorry for any outbirsts, im just tired lol. i have to rest now. be back tomorrow Aseptic i got you man i wont leave you hangin lol. DLJ, your down right stubborn. whole in my logic? very impressive insult, especially since you failed to specify exactly how i am flawed, and i have repeatedly proved how you are the one flawed.

Vos,
I was the one who was criticising the spelling and grammar. See above for cringe-worthy examples.
I was saying that we expect higher standards from future journalists. OK, maybe he is aiming for The Sun rather than The Grauniad.

At least, the correct "you're" would be something.

And "whole in my logic" Laughat

I said "ripped out bigger holes in your analysis" but the humour was obviously lost on the sleepless.

Meanwhile, and maybe it's because of my alcohol-damaged intellectualism (never been accused of being an intellectual before... that hurt) but I have been looking for the evidence that I do not have your invisible pink unicorn under my bed. I'm sure I had it yesterday.

Truth,
Perhaps we are working with differing definitions of the word "proof".

And at last we agree... I am flawed, flawed I am... deeply and in many ways.
But rarely inaccurate. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-12-2012, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2012 02:18 AM by TruthSeeker.)
(21-12-2012 05:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 04:51 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...

Vos,

I was the one who was criticising the spelling and grammar. See above for cringe-worthy examples.

I was saying that we expect higher standards from future journalists. OK, maybe he is aiming for The Sun rather than The Grauniad.

At least, the correct "you're" would be something.

And "whole in my logic" Laughat

I said "ripped out bigger holes in your analysis" but the humour was obviously lost on the sleepless.

Meanwhile, and maybe it's because of my alcohol-damaged intellectualism (never been accused of being an intellectual before... that hurt) but I have been looking for the evidence that I do not have your invisible pink unicorn under my bed. I'm sure I had it yesterday.

Truth,

Perhaps we are working with differing definitions of the word "proof".

And at last we agree... I am flawed, flawed I am... deeply and in many ways.

But rarely inaccurate. Big Grin
"Your're" an idiot. Its funny you think my grammar is fun to poke at when I am not trying to type proper English, which is my minor, and I probably know more about than you. Your inaccuracy is should go down as legendary. Seeing as how you also thought it valid to point out you have no evidence for my "unicorn", you should probably check into what you trying to say. I have already told you I do not believe in God. Nor anything else supernatural. Technically, I'm no different than you. Yet drawn you are to a verbal conflict to which there is no end is sight, nor is it one that you can win. Every word you have spoken seems weakly prepared. Your eagerness to begin conflict is apparent, and probably due to your equally apparent lack of self worth. I'd be happy to put recommend you to a 24 hour psychiatric evaluation. For an older gentleman, your emotional and intellectual maturity is void, your points to any valid flaw of mine are mute, such as my grammar, and you other attempts at making me seem like I am saying God DOES exist is also mute. I do NOT believe he does. All your efforts have failed sir, and I would thank you cease your ridiculous and embarrassing posts.
22-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Objecting the concept of a Deity
(21-12-2012 09:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  Did someone put something in the eggnog? Or is such an influx normal for this time of year? It's just that people can give them more attention when they're not coming in droves Drinking Beverage

Also, I have a theory of my own - people who insist that everyone agree with them and the way they view the world, have serious issues, be they doubts or something else.

You've got to be nice so the little Lord Baby Jesus will bring you lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-12-2012, 02:22 AM
(22-12-2012 02:09 AM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...
"Your're" an idiot. Its funny you think my grammar is fun to poke at when I am not trying to type proper English, which is my minor, and I probably know more about than you. Your inaccuracy is should go down as legendary. Seeing as how you also thought it valid to point out you have no evidence for my "unicorn", you should probably check into what you trying to say. I have already told you I do not believe in God. Nor anything else supernatural. Technically, I'm no different than you. Yet drawn you are to a verbal conflict to which there is no end is sight, nor is it one that you can win. Every word you have spoken seems weakly prepared. Your eagerness to begin conflict is apparent, and probably due to your equally apparent lack of self worth. I'd be happy to put recommend you to a 24 hour psychiatric evaluation. For an older gentleman, your emotional and intellectual maturity is void, your points to any valid flaw of mine are mute, such as my grammar, and you other attempts at making me seem like I am saying God DOES exist is also mute. I do NOT believe he does. All your efforts have failed sir, and I would thank you cease your ridiculous and embarrassing posts.

Awesome!

22-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Hey TS. Remember what I congratulated you for in your first post ? Honesty and civility. Both gone. Turns out all you really wanted was somewhere to announce that you were really very smart and everyone else is dumb and should believe in Jesus. You repeatedly said you were too bored / too lazy to think through the points you yourself were making, repeatedly claimed that others were 'ignoring what you said' and that you had 'refuted' their counterarguments.

This is lousy debate style and no one will be fooled by it. Try watching some William Lane Craig if you want some pointers on how to be more effective at making people think that you actually know what you're talking about.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-12-2012, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2012 03:26 AM by Vera.)
(22-12-2012 02:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 09:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  Did someone put something in the eggnog? Or is such an influx normal for this time of year? It's just that people can give them more attention when they're not coming in droves Drinking Beverage

Also, I have a theory of my own - people who insist that everyone agree with them and the way they view the world, have serious issues, be they doubts or something else.

You've got to be nice so the little Lord Baby Jesus will bring you lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh.
In light of post 75, I'm not the one who should worry about being good. Plus, what I want, I can get myself, no need for a creepy baby or a fat man with white beard to come and give it to me ( Laughat ). At least I waited for a week or two before starting to lash into people. Comment is more valid than ever Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-12-2012, 03:37 AM
(22-12-2012 02:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  ...
At least I waited for a week or two before starting to lash into people.

I'm impressed.

It took me much longer to get going.

Perhaps it was lack of self worth / alcoholism / emotional and intellectual immaturity or just that I didn't 'minor' in English that made me hesitate.

Perhaps it was merely a misguided civility that made me want to read thread after thread after thread to study the etiquette and the personalities here before venturing my tentative first posts.

Ah well. Advice was offered ... I guess we can't do much for those that cannot listen.

I've often wondered ... WTF is eggnog? Off to the google pit I go.