Objecting the concept of a Deity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: Objecting the concept of a Deity
(22-12-2012 03:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm impressed.

It took me much longer to get going.

Perhaps it was lack of self worth / alcoholism / emotional and intellectual immaturity or just that I didn't 'minor' in English that made me hesitate.

Perhaps it was merely a misguided civility that made me want to read thread after thread after thread to study the etiquette and the personalities here before venturing my tentative first posts.

Ah well. Advice was offered ... I guess we can't do much for those that cannot listen.

I've often wondered ... WTF is eggnog? Off to the google pit I go.
Well, I was exaggerating actually... Took me much longer. Esp. to make my own threads - why would people want to hear and talk about me, if they don't even know me. Much better to join the conversations of others, but that's how I roll. But I did major in English, so this might have been a contributing factor Laughat

What's eggnog? Something disgusting by the sound (and looks) of it. Won't even go into what it reminds me of Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Looks pretty yummy actually. Reminds me of Bailey's. Now that's some good shit right there.
22-12-2012, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2012 04:25 AM by Vera.)
(22-12-2012 03:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  Looks pretty yummy actually. Reminds me of Bailey's. Now that's some good shit right there.
Waaaaaay too sweet and thick. I won't even buy shower gel that's not clear.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-12-2012, 03:58 AM
(22-12-2012 03:52 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 03:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  Looks pretty yummy actually. Reminds me of Bailey's. Now that's some good shit right there.
Waaaaaay too sweet and thick. I won't eve buy shower gel that's not clear.
Oh good, so at least I know you won't be competing with me for drinks if we ever were stuck on a desert island with a bottle of Bailey's. Then again you're 'swimming in vodka' girl so I can see how this stuff might be too pansy for you Tongue So we'll take a bottle of vodka too...
22-12-2012, 04:05 AM
(22-12-2012 03:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh good, so at least I know you won't be competing with me for drinks if we ever were stuck on a desert island with a bottle of Bailey's. Then again you're 'swimming in vodka' girl so I can see how this stuff might be too pansy for you Tongue So we'll take a bottle of vodka too...
Actually, I much prefer rum (or cachaça). And it's not 'we', it's 'you', who's gonna be doing the carrying... You're the strong, fit man, after all, and I'm the drunk Laugh out load

22-12-2012, 04:08 AM
(22-12-2012 04:05 AM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, I much prefer rum (or cachaça). And it's not 'we', it's 'you', who's gonna be doing the carrying... You're the strong, fit man, after all, and I'm the drunk Laugh out load
Excuuuuse me, I fully intend to be just as drunk as you, if not drunker Big Grin But OK, I will do the carrying...
22-12-2012, 04:13 AM
(22-12-2012 04:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 04:05 AM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, I much prefer rum (or cachaça). And it's not 'we', it's 'you', who's gonna be doing the carrying... You're the strong, fit man, after all, and I'm the drunk Laugh out load
Excuuuuse me, I fully intend to be just as drunk as you, if not drunker Big Grin But OK, I will do the carrying...
I knew this British guy in Rio, who, when drunk, insisted on carrying people around. Turned out to be a wiry little bastard Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-12-2012, 04:21 AM
(21-12-2012 09:36 AM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  How is no disproof less an argument than no proof? I'm an amateur science buff. I've seen many theories that provide the possible existence of Intelligent Design. They are just theories though. i do not believe in them myself. Theories do not prove anything. They are just theories. The only thing I believe in is physics. I will not deny a faith if physics allows its POSSIBLE existence. But I wont believe the faith is real either. Does it exist? I do not know. and neither do you. I am simply after the truth, and won't make up my mind until I find it. And why should I? why MUST I take a side? What if i take a side, but then later i am proven wrong? I don't like to be wrong haha. So I will not give the answer. Many brilliant minds of today choose this path. The reason I'm here is to observe why people believe what they cannot prove, both religious people and atheists. It is amusing, and brain stimulating. Smile
The scientific method deems the truth of something based on evidence, and not the lack thereof. If there is no evidence, it is not believed to be true. People disbelieve it until evidence to the contrary is provided.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
22-12-2012, 04:35 AM
They may believe it as a *possibility*.

Lack of evidence is simply lack of evidence. But if someone *asserts* truth, and not 'indeterminate' status, then they *must* bring evidence for that claim.

Further, there are probabilities to consider. What is the *probability* that a teapot orbits Jupiter ? Not high. Is it *reasonable* to believe that a teapot orbits Jupiter? In the absence of evidence, and given that our best theory of planetary formation to date does not include teapots as a component, *no*.
22-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Ma'am (or Sir) the lack of dissproof has never constituted for actual evidence, it is the most worn and weak argument you can present to users, I can apply that logic to anything and get the same results!

Sincerly, I respect your opinion but that does not make it valid or intelligent.
- Yolanii
[+] 4 users Like Yolanii Jasmine Resse's post