Objecting the concept of a Deity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 03:14 PM
RE: Objecting the concept of a Deity
(21-12-2012 03:10 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  No evidence against a things existence is just as strong an argument as having evidence that supports the existence.
Not equivalent.

No evidence against existence of Santa too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-12-2012, 03:18 PM
(21-12-2012 03:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  No! You're a puppy [Image: animal-smiley-037.gif]
No, he's a moron. Drinking Beverage

(21-12-2012 02:41 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  I apologize in advance for that Aseptic, but I think i like the way Vosur addressed my post much better. There was no hint of insult or an attempt at undermining my post even if it was flawed at first. I will try to post more like that too, Thank you Vos!
No problem; that's just how I roll. Sleepy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
21-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Can't believe you went there lol. In fact there is plenty of conclusive evidence that proves Santa does not exist. Take one look at the north pole, Watch every home security camera feeds on chrismas eve, try to make a raindeer "fly" in the sense that they are meant to according to myth,(not launch them via cannon haha). just to name a few but those are conclusive scientific methods that easily prove Santa does NOT, in fact, exist.
21-12-2012, 03:22 PM
How is God different ?

Not *visible*.

On *believers* have *any* sort of communication. I think you just don't have proper faith in Santa.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Alternatively, example of Russell's Teapot.

Which orbits Jupiter.

There is no evidence against it's existence.

Is this *as strong* as saying 'we went there and there's a damn teapot' ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Earth is more or less a playground for controlled scientific experiments. Everything that happens here on the planet, we have reasonable access to applying the necessary tools to prove or disprove a hypothesis. At least, certainly enough to disprove something as easily non-tangible as Santa.
21-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Because we already established that IF he exists(God), that he does so outside the current known universe. Alternate dimension, parallel universe, or heaven take your pic they are all the same. At the very least, the description of Heaven and the definition of an alternate dimension meet the exact same criteria.
21-12-2012, 03:31 PM
That was why I changed my example to the teapot. I'm concentrating on your specific statement that you made.

Suffice it to say that by employing theistic tricks like asserting that Santa is invizible and so on I can make it so that you can't disprove Santa any more than God. Now, onward to... the teapot !!!
21-12-2012, 03:34 PM
(21-12-2012 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Suffice it to say that by employing theistic tricks like asserting that Santa is invizible and so on I can make it so that you can't disprove Santa any more than God.
Indeed. Ad hoc hypothesizing allows you to prevent your desired hypothesis from being falsified as long as you want to.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-12-2012, 03:39 PM
(21-12-2012 03:30 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  Because we already established that IF he exists(God), that he does so outside the current known universe. Alternate dimension, parallel universe, or heaven take your pic they are all the same. At the very least, the description of Heaven and the definition of an alternate dimension meet the exact same criteria.

Operative word = known.

Beats me how and why people can know so much about something they know nothing of and write a book about that and expect other people to take them seriously.

Even more amazing is why other people have taken them seriously.

And depressing that they then abuse their power over their next generations to convince them of the truth of these unknown things.

Fucking sad.

(21-12-2012 03:30 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...bits of the point I didn't put much effort into making...

Maybe higher standards are expected of future journos ... the guardians of the truth!