Objecting the concept of a Deity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: Objecting the concept of a Deity
(21-12-2012 03:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Suffice it to say that by employing theistic tricks like asserting that Santa is invizible and so on I can make it so that you can't disprove Santa any more than God.
Indeed. Ad hoc hypothesizing allows you to prevent your desired hypothesis from being falsified as long as you want to.
Very nice link. I think I'm gonna spend some time over there in the near future.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 03:43 PM
haha avoiding all logic doesn't give credibility to your challenge. The statement I made about using modern scientific methods proves you can disprove both of those examples of Santa and the teapot. and anything else that we can observe within the known universe. Whats there is there and what isn't there isn't there. Outside our observational capability, you can do nothing to disprove like you can within it. Irrefutable.
21-12-2012, 03:46 PM
You bore me. Try to understand the point I'm making before dismissing it. I go to bed now. You started well. Please don't turn into one of those unbearable people who declares themselves the winner of a debate.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-12-2012, 03:49 PM
(21-12-2012 03:43 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  ...
Irrefutable.

Anyone else reminded of Tracy Harris's invisible dice (dye / die / whatever Tongue )?

21-12-2012, 03:58 PM
DLJ the guardians of truth INDEED. Other than that, i fail to see what you mean to imply. I didnt put the effort in on the first post, because i didn't really care, which doesnt matter cause i was right. if this was for a grade it wouldve been much better, but surely its obvious to see that after each post i never stood corrected except on a non related topic such as the use of the forum. i stand not ignorant, nor a stubborn mind, but a learner who challenge those who get upset at the idea that one believes in God, and yet if there are any here, they have yet to prove my concept incorrect. i only claim to know what i have studied and learned about in my classes at KU, and will continue to learn and research things so i know the truth. because you cant argue with my logic analysis, dont get all depressed. be greatful, the minds of our youth are out to seek the truth. its going to be a great age of science and discovery. we will replace the "set in their ways" elderly and their unwillingness to bow to defeat. so set are they. the young will always replace the old, the old will fear for the future, and yet life manages. interesting how the elderly of your youth probably thought the same as you may now.
21-12-2012, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 04:07 PM by TruthSeeker.)
I did not win, I was simply not wrong. I seem to be missing something here, everyone saw me and Vos agree with my point, yet my principles are still being challenged. Your starting to make no sense. Confirmation has been given and agreed upon, now Validation is in order, yet I am somehow incorrect all along? I think the only one with a mind that sees reason so far is Vos. Maybe your upset cause you didn't get to trash someone dumber than you. Instead someone smart make sense and it upsets you that you can't bash them. Thats what this appears to be atm... disappointing.
21-12-2012, 04:07 PM
(21-12-2012 04:04 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  I did not win, I was simply not wrong. I seem to be missing something here, everyone saw me and Vos agree with my point, yet my principles are still being challenged. Your starting to make no sense. Confirmation has been given and agreed upon, now Validation is in order, yet I am somehow incorrect all along? I think the only one with a mind that sees reason so far is Vos.

I think what you are missing is that logic does not trump lack of evidence. Maybe the Christian God exists, but there is absolutely no evidence of it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2012, 04:11 PM
(21-12-2012 04:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 04:04 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  I did not win, I was simply not wrong. I seem to be missing something here, everyone saw me and Vos agree with my point, yet my principles are still being challenged. Your starting to make no sense. Confirmation has been given and agreed upon, now Validation is in order, yet I am somehow incorrect all along? I think the only one with a mind that sees reason so far is Vos.

I think what you are missing is that logic does not trump lack of evidence. Maybe the Christian God exists, but there is absolutely no evidence of it.
nor evidence against it... been through this already. just as valid an argument. i proved that multiple times. im bored now.
21-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Now, now. What morondog, as far as I understand it, was trying to get at is that your claim that absence of evidence is just as strong as evidence of absence is flawed. Is it not the case that searching for a dragon that is claimed to live at the center of our planet Earth by digging our way to it's core to determine that there is none makes for a better and stronger argument than dismissing it because there is no evidence for it?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
21-12-2012, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 04:22 PM by DLJ.)
(21-12-2012 03:58 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:  DLJ the guardians of truth INDEED. Other than that, i fail to see what you mean to imply. I didnt put the effort in on the first post, because i didn't really care, which doesnt matter cause i was right. if this was for a grade it wouldve been much better, but surely its obvious to see that after each post i never stood corrected except on a non related topic such as the use of the forum. i stand not ignorant, nor a stubborn mind, but a learner who challenge those who get upset at the idea that one believes in God, and yet if there are any here, they have yet to prove my concept incorrect. i only claim to know what i have studied and learned about in my classes at KU, and will continue to learn and research things so i know the truth. because you cant argue with my logic analysis, dont get all depressed. be greatful, the minds of our youth are out to seek the truth. its going to be a great age of science and discovery. we will replace the "set in their ways" elderly and their unwillingness to bow to defeat. so set are they. the young will always replace the old, the old will fear for the future, and yet life manages. interesting how the elderly of your youth probably thought the same as you may now.

Agreed.

You did, indeed, fail to see.

I would appear that you are enticing a response to a schoolchild and I am really tempted to correct all your spelling mistakes and grammatical errors but it's 6am here and I'm slowly sobering up... which is undesired.

Your ignorance and stubbornness are revealed through not what you said but how you said it.

And you do know that Vos is younger than you, right?

There are younger ones still, on this forum, who could / would have ripped out bigger holes in your analysis.