Objective Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: Objective Morality
(07-12-2013 11:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hard to find ANYTHING with your head up your ass.

You would need a source of light and if you had that you could find stuff.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
07-12-2013, 11:16 PM
(07-12-2013 11:13 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So say something that warrants a considered response.
A considered response would require actually paying attention to what has been said, which is something you have proved yourself completely incapable of.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 11:17 PM
(07-12-2013 08:29 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 12:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  From my perspective the fate of the unborn and the fate of the mother are not my concern, not my business. I am a third party to this and I have no vested interest to interfere.

And? That is the case with almost all of the activity of the criminal justice system in any country. I'm guessing that none of the murders that occurred in 2013 wherever you live were your "business". So what? What is the significance of your personal concern. Should those murders that occurred in 2013 not be investigated and prosecuted because they are not your "business"?
Adults killing adults is my business.
I'm an adult so what is to stop people from killing me?
If I am to live safely within a society, then I need a society that discourages people from killing me.
I am not interested in "justice" but I am interested in my safety so I want people whom are predisposed to killing people to either be locked up, or to be "rehabilitated". I want people whom are contemplating killing other people to be discouraged by the consequences that society put onto such a crime. This all works to make society safer for me.
But with regards to a mother killing her own unborn, this presents no threat to me.

Quote:Nothing compels me to use physical force on this pregnant woman in order to prevent her having an abortion. Even if I did have some empathy for the plight of her unborn, I am not compelled to risk a violent conflict in terms of attempting to stop her.

And I'm guessing that nothing compels you to investigate the unsolved murders in your country. So what? What is the significance of your narror personal interests to the broader issue of governance?
As I said above, I want to be safe. Killers in society present a danger to me. I want them either locked up or rehabilitated.

Quote:The subjective bit is the acceptance of Harris' yardstick.

Yes and that is not fatal flaw as has already been explained.
Seems to be a fatal flaw to me. I wouldn't vote for such a philosophy, I wouldn't want law based on this.

Quote:I don't agree that suffering of others gives me the incentive to interfere.

I know and what is the significance of that?
The significance is that I wouldn't support a law against abortion. I wouldn't support a law against anything that doesn't endanger me or make society unstable or dangerous.
Thus I want laws against abortion, prostitution, polygomy, gay marriage, stem cell research etc removed.

Quote:I'd be willing to bet that if late term abortions were legal then most people would still walk peacefully past an abortion clinic. Most people would not physically attack a pregnant woman.

What is with your obsession with attacking pregnant women?
The sub-topic here is the morality of abortion, laws pertaining to abortion. Pregnant woman go hand in hand with abortion issues. Police and their obligatory use of violence goes hand in hand with laws.

(07-12-2013 08:29 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Also, if a woman aborted her late term foetus she would no longer be pregant so your fascination with "attacking" pregnant women is strange in this regard also.
But if the police knew she was going to have an abortion, was on the table in preparation then under your law, the police would have no choice but to use physical violence against her to stop her and to force her to carry the baby to term. All because you don't like the idea of late term abortion.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
07-12-2013, 11:17 PM
(07-12-2013 11:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hard to find ANYTHING with your head up your ass.

You would need a source of light and if you had that you could find stuff.

I'll email you a fucking flashlight, then.

07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
(07-12-2013 11:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Adults killing adults is my business.
Hi, Stevil, what is your business?

07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
(07-12-2013 11:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I am under no obligation to do so.

Surely you are, it is a crime for you to deprive Harris of your brilliant insights.

Quote:I don't need elevating.

See what you do when I try and respond to you?

Quote:Pot. Kettle. You can't even address what anyone actually says, dumbfuck.

I repeatedly address what DLJ, Vosur, Stevil and djkamilo actually say in this very thread.

Quote:You are wrong on a LOT of things. Willfully wrong.

So post rebuttals.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
(07-12-2013 10:57 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 10:44 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Grow the fuck up.

If you think posting banal images is witty or clever then you may be mentally retarded. Have you checked?

Do you clumsily operate an oversized keyboard with programmed macros that create the content of what you post?

[Image: disabledtech4_500x220.jpg]

Oooh!

Chippy can do irony!

Who knew?

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-12-2013, 11:27 PM
(07-12-2013 11:21 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I am under no obligation to do so.

Surely you are, it is a crime for you to deprive Harris of your brilliant insights.

He's gonna have to stand in line.

Quote:
Quote:I don't need elevating.

See what you do when I try and respond to you?

So?

Quote:
Quote:Pot. Kettle. You can't even address what anyone actually says, dumbfuck.

I repeatedly address what DLJ, Vosur, Stevil and djkamilo actually say in this very thread.

So you admit that you are deliberately misrepresenting what I post. Caught you.

Quote:
Quote:You are wrong on a LOT of things. Willfully wrong.

So post rebuttals.

Already done.

07-12-2013, 11:30 PM
(07-12-2013 11:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:08 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Taq, you keep discrediting yourself, over and over again
[Image: hCA4D64EB]

Is that the best you can do, idiot?

Oh no she's calling me names
[Image: h40278713]

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 3 users Like djkamilo's post
07-12-2013, 11:31 PM
(07-12-2013 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 10:57 PM)Chippy Wrote:  If you think posting banal images is witty or clever then you may be mentally retarded. Have you checked?

Do you clumsily operate an oversized keyboard with programmed macros that create the content of what you post?

[Image: disabledtech4_500x220.jpg]

Oooh!

Chippy can do irony!

Who knew?

Big Grin

Yes, too bad you are so locked into your prissy-bitch poseur act that you can't see that I am doing you a favor by busting his punk-ass balls.