• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: Objective Morality
(07-12-2013 11:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Oooh!

Chippy can do irony!

Who knew?

Big Grin

Yes, too bad you are so locked into your prissy-bitch poseur act that you can't see that I am doing you a favor by busting his punk-ass balls.

Taq saves the day with impecable rhetoric Bowing

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like djkamilo's post
07-12-2013, 11:34 PM
(07-12-2013 11:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Adults killing adults is my business.
I'm an adult so what is to stop people from killing me?
If I am to live safely within a society, then I need a society that discourages people from killing me.
I am not interested in "justice" but I am interested in my safety so I want people whom are predisposed to killing people to either be locked up, or to be "rehabilitated". I want people whom are contemplating killing other people to be discouraged by the consequences that society put onto such a crime. This all works to make society safer for me.
But with regards to a mother killing her own unborn, this presents no threat to me.

Understood.

Quote:As I said above, I want to be safe. Killers in society present a danger to me. I want them either locked up or rehabilitated.

Understood.

Quote:Seems to be a fatal flaw to me. I wouldn't vote for such a philosophy, I wouldn't want law based on this.

Understood.

Quote:The significance is that I wouldn't support a law against abortion. I wouldn't support a law against anything that doesn't endanger me or make society unstable or dangerous.

But you haven't justified your theory of value and the governance that would flow from that.

Quote:The sub-topic here is the morality of abortion, laws pertaining to abortion. Pregnant woman go hand in hand with abortion issues. Police and their obligatory use of violence goes hand in hand with laws.

Yes, I know but operational issues are secondary concerns. The matter should be discussed on its own merits.

Your position is clear, the problem is that you appear unable to justify it beyond appealing to your own private concerns. If you were campaigning what would say in favour of your set of values?

Setting aside the abortion issue, do you agree that you are still expressing values when you talk about self-preservation and the safety of yourself and your property?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 11:35 PM
(07-12-2013 11:30 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Is that the best you can do, idiot?

Oh no she's calling me names
[Image: h40278713]

She? Dodgy

Oh, that *is* the best you can do. Too bad....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-12-2013, 11:36 PM
(07-12-2013 11:34 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, too bad you are so locked into your prissy-bitch poseur act that you can't see that I am doing you a favor by busting his punk-ass balls.

Taq saves the day with impecable rhetoric Bowing

[Image: bow28_zpsdc056c54.gif]

07-12-2013, 11:38 PM
(07-12-2013 11:34 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  ...impecable...[sic]

[Image: Imbecile-T-Shirt-%288414%29.jpg]

07-12-2013, 11:38 PM
(07-12-2013 11:27 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So you admit that you are deliberately misrepresenting what I post. Caught you.

You haven't posted anything that even resembles an argument.

Quote:Already done.

No, it hasn't been "[a]lready done". Posting pictures and calling people names isn't a rebuttal.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
07-12-2013, 11:40 PM
(07-12-2013 11:38 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:27 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So you admit that you are deliberately misrepresenting what I post. Caught you.

You haven't posted anything that even resembles an argument.

You haven't posted anything that even resembles anything but a strawman.

Quote:
Quote:Already done.

No, it hasn't been "[a]lready done". Posting pictures and calling people names isn't a rebuttal.

Too bad for you that I've done a whole lot more than that.

07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
(07-12-2013 11:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, too bad you are so locked into your prissy-bitch poseur act that you can't see that I am doing you a favor by busting his punk-ass balls.

You aren't even disturbing a pube on my ballsack. You will soon be disabused of the idea that posting silly pictures and schoolyard level name calling will make any difference to my behaviour.
07-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Taq worried about grammar and the English language...

[Image: h1D66D4CB]

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
07-12-2013, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 11:52 PM by DLJ.)
(07-12-2013 11:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Oooh!

Chippy can do irony!

Who knew?

Big Grin

Yes, too bad you are so locked into your prissy-bitch poseur act that you can't see that I am doing you a favor by busting his punk-ass balls.

For the record, I'm a natural prissy-bitch poseur. I never had one lesson.

Also, I'm beginning to like his punk-ass balls Dodgy he has at least brought some information and reasoned argument to this thread.

I'm not entirely agreeing with him but that is not, I think, the purpose of this thread.
(It's djkamilo's thread so he has chairperson rights)

I'm regarding this discussion as conceptual rather than a personal opinion rhetoric thing.

I missed your contribution regarding objective / subjective / absolute morality. Link me back to it, if you would, good sir.

And while you're there, please pick up a sense of humour.

Oh! and a packet of biscuits. We've run out.

Cheers

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post