Objective Morality
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Objective Morality
(10-12-2013 11:26 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 09:39 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Posting images and animated gifs isn't thinking.

Because you would know that how?
Thats right.........

you know everything.

carry on

I clearly know more than you.

I quickly reviewed all of your posts and they are all consistently devoid of substantive content. You don't appear to know anything about skeptcism or atheism. You post pictures because you are unable to make a substantive post. I don't have the mind of a 12-year old so I'm not impressed by animated gifs like you and Taq. I was hoping for even some sort of defense of Wicca--at least an account of how it is the same as other religions--but you are clearly incapable of delivering anything substantive. It is demonstrable of your stupidity that even after being committed to Wicca for many years so little thought went into that you are incapable of rising above cliche ("Wicca was created by man for mankind").

Given that your posts are just noise there is no reason why they should clutter my view of a thread. You are indeed stupid and ignorant. So I am adding you to my ignore list.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 08:14 PM
(09-12-2013 10:05 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 09:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think you forgot the 'IMHO' at the end there Angel

Pssst - IMHO = In My Humble Opinion.
you need to switch this to IMO. ChippieDoodle is anything BUT humble, honey. Anything but.

just sayin................. I know how you like to get things right and all.

Anyone who types "IMHO" isn't truly humble. That includes myself. Humility is the fragilest of things; As soon as you realize you have it, you don't.

Find all posts by this user
10-12-2013, 11:55 PM
(10-12-2013 06:48 PM)Chippy Wrote:  I clearly know more than you.

Chippy = Vizzini

Quote:BLah blah blah....inane vacuous bullshit and flaccid micro-weenie-waving bravado....blah blah blah....
So I am adding you to my ignore list.

So much for me being the ONLY person you were going to "ignore".

Pussy motherfucker.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-12-2013, 05:41 PM
(03-12-2013 09:18 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  I'm new to this side of the glass. I still have no satisfying answer to the question of where an atheist objectively gets its morals from. I have found the religious answer to be fallacious in theism there is NO objective moral, just whatever the deity decides his minions should behave like and the morality is not objective but subjective to the deity's whims. As far as atheism is concerned is there an objective source for morality, or is it purely subjective? Forgive me if you think its a stupid question

This might sound strange, coming from someone posting on an atheist's website, but i spend a lot of time studying religions. And while the spirituality, doctrines, theism, etc might vary...the majority of all true religions agree on at least two particular things: 1) They give you teachings that are meant to help you become a better person, if only in terms of their faith (though, teachings often are mis-interpreted and mis-used to mis-treat others...so they "miss" the point). 2) The other is that they all have some variation of "The Golden Rule". Essentially, the golden rule is: Do to others what you would want done to you. When it comes to interpersonal interaction, it is easy to see the morality of what should and should not be done or said. But in non-interpersonal situations, then it comes to this: How would what you do or say affect others? Would you want such a thing to happen to you?
This is how i determine for myself what is right or wrong. it doesn't always provide a solution for every contingency...but then, neither do the doctrines of any given religion...