Objective Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: Objective Morality
(10-04-2014 04:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  If you redefine 'right' to mean 'in line with evolution' and so forth, then of course. But playing word games using your own definitions still gets you no closer to truth.
Right is defined as "morally or socially correct or acceptable" (official definition) and you said "Evolution and natural selection might very well be where we get our moral sense from". So how do I redefine right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 04:39 AM
(10-04-2014 04:00 AM)Artie Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah! Now I see where you are going wrong? Do you see it too?

Smile
No?

Well, I could not have explained much better than post #500 (supplemented by #501 & #502)

If you don't understand what those three admirable gentlemen are saying, then I don't think I will reach you either.

Meanwhile... Taqqy is not an actual person. He is the site's auto-immune system. He misfires quite often because sometimes new members are misidentified as theist-troll-viruses.
While we try to re-write his program, there are a few temporary fixes (workarounds) you can use:
1. Put him on 'ignore'.
2. Tell him to "fuck off"... because that's the only language he understands
3. Change your profile to female... he will still use abusive language but he will also start flirting with you.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-04-2014, 04:50 AM
(10-04-2014 04:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 04:00 AM)Artie Wrote:  No?

Well, I could not have explained much better than post #500 (supplemented by #501 & #502)

If you don't understand what those three admirable gentlemen are saying, then I don't think I will reach you either.
OK. I have read through them again and can't see what you mean so let's leave it with that.
Quote:Meanwhile... Taqqy is not an actual person. He is the site's auto-immune system. He misfires quite often because sometimes new members are misidentified as theist-troll-viruses.
While we try to re-write his program, there are a few temporary fixes (workarounds) you can use:
1. Put him on 'ignore'.
2. Tell him to "fuck off"... because that's the only language he understands
3. Change your profile to female... he will still use abusive language but he will also start flirting with you.
I would appreciate it if you when re-writing the program could include evolutionary morals so we can avoid this problem in the future...
10-04-2014, 05:00 AM
(10-04-2014 04:50 AM)Artie Wrote:  ...
I would appreciate it if you when re-writing the program could include evolutionary morals so we can avoid this problem in the future...

Weeping
Unfortunately that's the current problem. He has evolved a psychopathic kill instinct.

Damn the Evolutionary Process! If only it had pre-defined goals and knew right from wrong.

Sadcryface

10-04-2014, 05:23 AM
Evoution is a story about learning, not a story about teaching.

Awesome!
Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 05:30 AM
(10-04-2014 05:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Weeping
Unfortunately that's the current problem. He has evolved a psychopathic kill instinct.

Damn the Evolutionary Process! If only it had pre-defined goals and knew right from wrong.

Sadcryface
You mean like

1. Person number 1: Murder is right (subjective opinion)
2. Person number 2: Murder is wrong (subjective opinion)
3. Evolution: Murder is wrong (objective... nothing subjective, no opinions)

Smile
10-04-2014, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 06:48 AM by Bucky Ball.)
"Murder" is a (specialized) legal term. The action is actually "taking a life". There are many many different situations in which "taking a life" is not considered immoral.
Maybe someday the trolls will take a "High School Civics for Wanna Be Trolls".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-04-2014, 05:43 AM
(10-04-2014 05:30 AM)Artie Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 05:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Weeping

Sadcryface
You mean like

Smile

Oh Artie, I am sure you know many people who want to kill you. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 05:52 AM
(10-04-2014 05:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 05:30 AM)Artie Wrote:  You mean like

Smile

Oh Artie, I am sure you know many people who want to kill you. Tongue
Never met anybody outside this forum who had such trouble understanding the point.
10-04-2014, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 06:19 AM by Artie.)
(10-04-2014 05:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Murder" is a (specialized) legal term. The action is actually "taking a life". There are many many different situation in which "taking a life" is not considered immoral.
As if I wasn't aware of that...
Quote:Maybe someday the trolls will take a "High School Civics for Wanna Be Trolls".
Maybe someday you will take a course in moral behaviour? Wink And then a beginners course in psychology. First you "explain" something to me and try to give the impression that I don't know it to make yourself look smart. And then you suggest I take some "High School Civics for Wanna Be Trolls" to make the intelligence gap between us even bigger by demeaning me. Classical bully tactics. If you can't say something smart, at least try to make the person you talk with look even less smart than you.