Objective reality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: Objective reality?
We are presently communicating via an objective reality. If we take as given that both you and I exist and that we are able to communicate then there is a shared reality that our communication is transmitted through... and that's all objective reality is in the end - a reality that is common to all even though individual perceptions and views of that reality may differ.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
02-11-2013, 08:21 AM
(02-11-2013 06:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  ...
I assume that those here are Atheists for the most part, that is their correct label.
I have to know where I fit, it's just something I need to do for myself even if it doesn't make sense to you. Smile

So Yes, see ya later. Smile

I didn't mean not fitting to a label... I meant not fitting into wider society.

But I see what you mean now.

02-11-2013, 08:31 AM
(02-11-2013 06:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Spirituality is a very important part of my life, always has been...so I have to know where I fit, Its just something I need to do for myself even if it doesnt make sense to you. Smile

So, in your estimation, what are you naming spirituality?

For myself, if there is any sense of "spirit" or "spirituality", it is encompassed in the contentment I feel in my own skin. Do I feel "at one with the universe and all things in it"? Sure, many times and in that same instant, when I look for it, I might also feel to be a single electron everywhere at once and no where to anyone else. (Thank you Richard Feynman)

It is possible what you name spirituality, is a subjective nature we all possess and some have possibly come to terms with. It is possible that this sense of spirituality, is no more or less a part of us than our unbelief. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-11-2013, 12:07 PM
(02-11-2013 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  If we take as given that both you and I exist ...

Girly don't take that as a given. For either one of us. Prove it. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
(02-11-2013 08:31 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 06:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Spirituality is a very important part of my life, always has been...so I have to know where I fit, Its just something I need to do for myself even if it doesnt make sense to you. Smile

So, in your estimation, what are you naming spirituality?

For myself, if there is any sense of "spirit" or "spirituality", it is encompassed in the contentment I feel in my own skin. Do I feel "at one with the universe and all things in it"? Sure, many times and in that same instant, when I look for it, I might also feel to be a single electron everywhere at once and no where to anyone else. (Thank you Richard Feynman)

It is possible what you name spirituality, is a subjective nature we all possess and some have possibly come to terms with. It is possible that this sense of spirituality, is no more or less a part of us than our unbelief. Shy

Well, what I mean by spiritual is more a sense of the Rituals that I do.

For example, Halloween.

I lit sage and cleansed the apartment to remove negative energies that I felt were there and had gathered there over the past couple of weeks since my last Ritual day, next I lit my cinnamon candle, my Pineapple wax warmer and my Rainbow candle which was in honor of my mom and Grandmother because it was their candle and both have died, I poured wine into my chalice and did a small dedication of memory to them and then asked for guidance on my own path, clarity and understanding.

I burned incense and did some contemplation while listening to new age music, had I not thrown my back out last month I would have spirit danced into a trance state and performed some magic as well but I could not obviously do that.

My Rituals are all about connecting to my own self on a deeper and intimate level, understanding, realizing and becoming are what I focus on, I sometimes will do a ritual outside which is to connect to the parts of nature that I feel close to, The Ocean, The Forest, Fields of flowers, whatever I am near and whatever I am feeling connected to in the moment.

I also at times will read my devotional series or other books in an effort to understand where I am a little better and climb The Levels which is the system of degrees in the religion I was raised in, Though I do not follow any of the traditions or beliefs of that any longer save for this one.

Now, Until recently I thought I was a Satanist because I do believe in the Rules of The Earth, The Sins and the Laws of life as presented in The Satanic Bible, I am also a very carnal person when it comes to sex and how I live my life, which is doing that which benefits me first and then worrying about those in my Inner Circle, the rest of society, I care for if I see a need and it helps me feel good to help you feel good.

I also have always celebrated my birthday as the highest day as it was the day I was born as well as April 30th (Walpurgisnacht) and Halloween and then my random Ritual days.

I am also highly manipulative which according to Satanism is a tenant called Lesser Magic, Greater magic is Ritual, where I do not agree with Satanism at the moment is their belief to use whatever works even if it doesnt fit with objective reality like the purple bunny theory above, I am too rational, too logical to go in that direction, I can suspend disbelief in Ritual for sure when I trance, when I do spells, when I talk to my mom and tell her that I miss her and she 'talks' back (I hear her voice in her words talking to me from the past, a memory if you will) but I cannot say, oh my mom was here, It was her ghost, No, I need objective evidence to believe in something, even something I have experienced because I experienced it subjectively which to me is not evidence only experience.

Satanists also would never say they are spiritual, Though I think this is more of the case of wanting to appear better than the rest of the spiritualists out there, I am carnal, I am not spiritual, sure, so when they do a ritual and dance around their altar what is that?

They also would never do a spell for money, They would instead go out and make money, which makes sense but of course that is a place that I disagree with them, They believe their are only 3 kinds of spells or rituals and I see hundreds at my disposal, I do not limit myself in my thinking when it comes to spirituality while I do stay in a logical framework.

Wherever I belong its a Non theistic Path. I do not believe in God or Goddess or gods or higher powers, The Universe is the closest thing to a higher power that I can see but I really do not see it as Sacred, Yes, I love Nature, I should say that I love the parts of nature that make me feel good--so I am selective in what I like and I cant stand many animals and people, In fact I would like to have a magic wand and get rid of some. So I would not say I am a Pantheist or Pagan. A Witch? I do Magic but its more of a psychological practice than real spells and such though as I said I suspend disbelief in the chamber.

Satanism is the closest fit for me. Eclectic Satanist is the term I have decided to use for now as Its the closest fit. Unless you can be a Spiritual Atheist of course!

Well, thanks for reading!
02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
(02-11-2013 12:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Well, what I mean by spiritual is more a sense of the Rituals that I do.

For example, Halloween.

I lit sage and cleansed the apartment to remove negative energies that I felt were there

If you are interested in objective reality, you need to ditch this crap.

Quote: and had gathered there over the past couple of weeks since my last Ritual day, next I lit my cinnamon candle, my Pineapple wax warmer and my Rainbow candle which was in honor of my mom and Grandmother because it was their candle and both have died, I poured wine into my chalice and did a small dedication of memory to them and then asked for guidance on my own path, clarity and understanding.

Asked who?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2013, 01:08 PM
(02-11-2013 12:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 12:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Well, what I mean by spiritual is more a sense of the Rituals that I do.

For example, Halloween.

I lit sage and cleansed the apartment to remove negative energies that I felt were there

If you are interested in objective reality, you need to ditch this crap.

Quote: and had gathered there over the past couple of weeks since my last Ritual day, next I lit my cinnamon candle, my Pineapple wax warmer and my Rainbow candle which was in honor of my mom and Grandmother because it was their candle and both have died, I poured wine into my chalice and did a small dedication of memory to them and then asked for guidance on my own path, clarity and understanding.

Asked who?

Not one thing that I do spiritually contradicts objective reality. Spirituality is about connection to the self, I believe everyone is spiritual, however different people put a different label on their experiences and ideas, spiritual is at the moment the label that best describes my practices. It is only crap to you because you have a different perspective which is subjective. Smile

As I have already stated that Ritual is about connecting to myself, Logically the answer to your question is---asked myself. I am always longing for deeper understanding, deeper knowledge which comes from our subconcious, Proof of this is when we dream, If I go to bed thinking about snakes, nine times out of ten, my dreams will revolve around snakes which I see as the subconcious mind's way of working out its issues.
02-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Girly ain't at all sure whether there is an objective reality or we are just objectifying reality. Girly is sure that practically it don't fucking matter either which way. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post