Objective versus Subjective

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: Objective versus Subjective
Shhhhhh ...

don't further confuse the issue. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-09-2016, 09:34 AM
(13-09-2016 05:27 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 04:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Kerim Translated:

When someone thinks up a new idea or invention they always think, or in the very least feel, it's great idea. After words when a bunch or rich, smart people look it over and say that's a good idea, then most people will think its a great idea at least in those circles.

Another way of saying this would be, Everyone will gets their ideas from someones personal discovery.

However, most people aren't trying to discover new things. So they can only get their ideas from other people. So they just accept any idea if they hear one because they don't know any better.

For example Everything I just said. People will refuse I said it because the haven't heard it yet. And the smarter more respected of the group once they read it over and give a thumbs up everyone will she what a good idea it is. But i am not smart or respected.

A brief summery

[Image: jackie-chan-whut.jpg]

Thank you... At least you wrote things using you own words which is rare to happen on these days Thumbsup

Kerim

They're everyone's words. I just arranged them in a certain way.

If I used my own words, they would have been more.

"Flibady gronfhs deddey deddy bongoiso."

But no one would have understand that.

However a similar occurrence happens when the words that everyone uses are arrange in a unorthodox way. Communication kind of breaks down.

I think the biggest confusion I got from your post is the point is not included. It could be the langue barrier, or perhaps you have trouble trying to sum up your ideas.

Is this you trying to say that you're feeling ostracized for you ideas?
Is this you trying to convey that the "church/ governments / corporations" are the only ones that are allowed to carry an opion?
Is this you simply throwing the metaphorical ball in the air so you can hit it with a troll bat?

There is just no clear message.

On a side note these aren't love letters. You don't need to type your name at the bottom of the screen. We realize it's you writing them. The name already appears every time you post.

It be like me writting a letter

Dear Krim

This is Common Sensei how have you been?

Sinserly Common Sensei.

Or walking up to you shaking you're hand. Introducing myself after every sentence I said.

Hi' I'm Common Sensei. Common Sensei.

How are you today. Common Sensei.

I just took a jog. Common Sensei.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
14-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Kerim, you are using, or misusing, a thing close to my heart!

FEw things are really "invented" for a start even the wheel was almost certainly a devlopment from an objective observation, that round things - branches under the foot say - roll. I have an idea for a cartoon about that!

Most "inventions" come ftom the observation of a need, a fairly objective thing. Then there is what might be called a "subjective" pricess in the mind of one or more people whose thoughts will depend on their personal education and experience.

Bin there, dun that; seen the need, assembled a solution from, mainly, bits already existing in my mind.

Perhaps theists, being mostly natural small "c" conservatives, might be those most resistant to "the new" in case it challenges their faith or values.

Anyway, as usual I find bit difficult to extract the actual purpose of your posts.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
14-09-2016, 10:02 AM
(14-09-2016 10:01 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Anyway, as usual I find bit difficult to extract the actual purpose of your posts.

I think the purpose is to spam the forum with nonsense. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
14-09-2016, 11:53 AM
:Waits to hear how this relates to the rich/powerful ruling men of the world and 9/11:

Don't disappoint me. It's pretty much your gimmick now, and you're obligated at this point.
14-09-2016, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2016 11:07 PM by EvolutionKills.)
You're fundamentally misusing those words.

When something is objective, it something not influenced by personal feelings or opinions, and otherwise representative of facts.

When something is subjective, it is influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

You can take a room, and measure it's temperature, and come to a fairly high degree of certainty as to the average temperature of the air in the room. The temperature, measured by the thermometers, would be objective. The thermometers don't have feelings or opinions, nor will their reading change based on how you or I feel about them or the temperature of the room. Now place a group of people in that room, and ask them to judge the temperature? What temperature they can best approximate, whether or not they feel relatively hot or cold, or if they're comfortable or not? That's all subjective, not objective.

Not that you care, but now you at least cannot say we didn't tell you so.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-09-2016, 05:52 AM
(14-09-2016 09:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You're fundamentally misusing those words.

When something is objective, it something not influenced by personal feelings or opinions, and otherwise representative of facts.

When something is subjective, it is influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

You can take a room, and measure it's temperature, and come to a fairly high degree of certainty as to the average temperature of the air in the room. The temperature, measured by the thermometers, would be objective. The thermometers don't have feelings or opinions, nor will their reading change based on how you or I feel about them or the temperature of the room. Now place a group of people in that room, and ask them to judge the temperature? What temperature they can best approximate, whether or not they feel relatively hot or cold, or if they're comfortable or not? That's all subjective, not objective.

Not that you care, but now you at least cannot say we didn't tell you so.

Oh, EK, don't you realize that your explanation is just what the rulers want you to think? You are being manipulated!

How you should think of the idea of objectivity as applied to temperature is this: Put a bunch of people in the room and have their all-powerful, nefarious rulers tell them the temperature (any number is okay, the people in the room wouldn't dream of checking the thermostat for themselves), that that temperature is too hot, and that Al Qaeda has set the thermostat, therefore bomb Syria. If the people in the room agree with the rulers--and evidently in Kerim's world, they always do--"this temperature is too hot" becomes an objective fact.

You have to work backward from the "fruits," you see. (Even if those fruits are bananas) Angel

"Objective" in Conspiracy Theoryville means a poorly retrofitted narrative explanation that is emotionally convincing. People using the word as it's defined by, say, scientists and logicians would call this subjective, but we have long ago gone through the looking glass here and have to reset our definitions as we go along.
[+] 7 users Like julep's post
15-09-2016, 12:59 PM
I have the idea that you are one very confused person when it comes to the issue of objectivity.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
20-09-2016, 06:22 AM
(14-09-2016 08:07 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Kerim,

As I understand it:

Objective - relating to the object.

Subjective - relating to the subject.

I'm not sure that it would be possible to discuss a purely 'subjective' idea. If two or more persons can agree on the terms of discussion, then this IMHO would be relating the object (the subject of discussion) and not the subject (the person coming up with the idea). Of course the subject of discussion may well be the person coming up with idea, in which case the discussion would be an objective discussion of the subject.

D.

Your remark is interesting.

On the other hand, anything presented and approved by an international organization, on these days, is considered as being objective. Otherwise, the new idea is seen as subjective... hence not important, if not non-sense Wink

I personally proved the opposite of a statement that all undergraduates who are studying RF communications learn even on these days. I even used my new topology (about a low-cost simple demodulator of a DSB-SC signal) in my private RF links (many decades ago when there were no wireless phones) between home and work (yes, in Aleppo city, where I live). So the idea of this new demodulator had to be seen as a mere subjective one (to Kerim) till, someday, a powerful/rich person will be interested in it and approve it to become objective. Or it will simply die with me Wink

In other words, for formal theists, anything written on their holy books is considered as objective hence true. And anything presented on the internet after being approved officially (in science or politics) is also considered, without questioning, as being objective (universally true) by many people including the formal atheists.

In brief, on these days, whatever a powerful/rich side confirms an idea, it becomes objective (real and true). And whatever one of the common people says and which may complement, if not contradict a so-called objective true idea, it has to be subjective, hence not worth to be discussed by the believers of the Internet (the Internetists Wink ).

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
20-09-2016, 06:58 AM
(14-09-2016 09:34 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Is this you trying to convey that the "church / governments / corporations" are the only ones that are allowed to carry an opinion?

This statement is the closest idea to what this thread is all about. Thank you.

I like adding to it the following:
And they have all necessary means to let their ideas/stories be accepted universally, at least among their believers (mainly the Internetists Wink )

(14-09-2016 09:34 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  On a side note these aren't love letters. You don't need to type your name at the bottom of the screen. We realize it's you writing them. The name already appears every time you post.

You are right. But most members here (if not all; I am not sure) fear revealing their real name, for example, the one which they use in their business correspondences for example.
For instance, I don't post here (or elsewhere) to convince anyone about anything. I just write to pass my free time (since my city still live a war time and my private business is halted to a great extend). Meanwhile, this helps me meet new persons and know them from their various reactions. One of the stimuli Wink , I may add on a post, is repeating my name at its bottom part.

About this post, don't you see? I didn't end the message with 'Kerim'.

------------------------------------------------------------
Note: It seems I did Sad Wink

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.