Objective versus Subjective

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Objective versus Subjective
You imply we can't trust the news because it's free, now you squirm when it is pointed out that that is not the case.
I suggest you think before you post instead of constantly changing your story.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2016, 05:56 AM
(21-09-2016 09:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  A fact is a single data point, a single piece of verifiable data. People might interpret a fact or a group of facts differently, and have a rigorous debate over that, but the fact itself is verifiable and not in question. You're already conflating and misrepresenting the meaning of words.

Stop doing that.

Sorry, many stories could be made to describe/justify a single fact... even if witnessed by almost all people in the world. The best example is the FACT (or facts, if you like) of 9/11/2001.

The approved 9/11 story says that Al-Qaeda is anti-America. And the attacks were planned against thousands of civilians in NYC so that the attackers can have many virgins in Allah's paradise and their friends on earth can dance on the streets like savages used doing around their victims.

But now, anytime Al-Qaeda (and alike) is defeated partially by Syrians (Syrian civilians and their National Syrian forces), mainly in Aleppo city, the Masters of America become real upset and insist on sending to their CIA long dark beards more UN aids; that are actually more hi-tech explosives, missiles, tanks and lately anti-plane missiles. This was already done for 4 years so far while our houses, streets, markets, schools, mosques and churches have been terrorized, by mortars and bombs of hell, almost daily (till now) and in front of the entire world. So, even a kid in Aleppo city cannot be convinced that Al-Qaeda (already created by the CIA) is not controlled directly from America since always.

But, practically speaking, you are also free to believe any story displayed on TV or alike (and proven by videos as usual) for an important fact, as long it helps you enjoy life in peace... and to hell any truth Wink

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
22-09-2016, 06:29 AM
(22-09-2016 05:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  You imply we can't trust the news because it's free, now you squirm when it is pointed out that that is not the case.
I suggest you think before you post instead of constantly changing your story.

At last, you believed something I said. Thank you.
I mean you believed when I told you: "You are totally right" Big Grin

As you may have already noticed, I don't like opposing other's comments. I just try giving them more details anytime they seem interested about a subject.

But you insist on me here to be rather rude with you Sad
Yes, the news info is given for free.
And one has no choice but to pay indirectly for the advertisements (on TV and internet) anytime he buys something that was advertised. Are you happy now Tongue

And, as you already know, what I presented on my previous post is also very true.
I don't change my stories I just present them in steps (or update them when necessary, if you like) as in teaching science and writing programs Consider

Your conspiracy nutcase, Kerim Tongue

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
22-09-2016, 06:48 AM
(21-09-2016 09:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
KerimF Wrote:I personally don't trust any person who is given (by the high class in each community, if he is not already a member in it) privileges that I, one of the common people, don't have. For example and to me in the least, any president (king or alike) may, at best, say a half truth but never the complete truth about something. Why he can’t, this leads us to another story Wink

So what?

It means that being well-informed doesn't imply knowing the complete truth about anything (mainly religious and political... even scientific if related to one of the two).
Naturally, most of the well-informed people get their stories from those who were given the privilege to address directly (and/or indirectly via internet) millions of people in all around the world (hence, not like the ones who run this rather small friendly forum, for example Wink ).