Obsolescence is Nothing New

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Obsolescence is Nothing New
By process of elimination - somewhere, there's a guy who gets up out of bed everyday, looks himself in the mirror -- and realizes that he's looking at the schmuck who was the last guy in history to graduate from TV Repair School...........

And he's going to lunch today with his brother in law -- the last guy to go to Beeper Repair school....

So what careers do you see, that have as much future as a typewriter repair technician???

I went to USCG Radioman's School -- and learned among other things, how to send and receive Morse code...... Not a real hot item for a resume these days....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Obsolescence is Nothing New
(22-02-2016 03:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  By process of elimination - somewhere, there's a guy who gets up out of bed everyday, looks himself in the mirror -- and realizes that he's looking at the schmuck who was the last guy in history to graduate from TV Repair School...........

And he's going to lunch today with his brother in law -- the last guy to go to Beeper Repair school....

So what careers do you see, that have as much future as a typewriter repair technician???

I went to USCG Radioman's School -- and learned among other things, how to send and receive Morse code...... Not a real hot item for a resume these days....

Have you been spying on me??? Shocking

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-02-2016, 03:58 AM
(22-02-2016 03:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 03:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  By process of elimination - somewhere, there's a guy who gets up out of bed everyday, looks himself in the mirror -- and realizes that he's looking at the schmuck who was the last guy in history to graduate from TV Repair School...........

Have you been spying on me??? Shocking

Maybe when I get some time.... I'm just about out the door -(got up at 4 a.m.) -- maple syrup season just started -- and I tapped 225 trees (a new record for me)....

I'm gonna be up to my ass in alligators for the foreseeable future -- so I'll have to get back with you on the spying schedule..................

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-02-2016, 10:06 AM

I can build, test, debug, program, troubleshoot RS-232, RS-422, RS-423, RS-485 hardware and software - OS drivers and apps. Big Grin

Hardly useful today. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-02-2016, 10:14 AM

My brother in law took a course in how to be a locksmith and though we need real locksmiths he found the course to do him no good.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
22-02-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm an electric guitarist playing rock'n'roll.

That's as obsolete as it gets.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-02-2016, 03:41 PM
.-- . .-.. .-.. ... .... .. -

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
22-02-2016, 03:53 PM
I know how to piece, repair cassette tapes and repair and rebind books.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
22-02-2016, 04:10 PM
(22-02-2016 10:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm an electric guitarist playing rock'n'roll.

That's as obsolete as it gets.

He speaks the truth. I was too. At a church. Lucky for me, it wasn't my "real" job...yep I just invoked a NTS fallacy. Drinking Beverage

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
22-02-2016, 04:39 PM
here is the really ironic thing.. robots are replacing are jobs anyways{go watch the documentary humans need ot apply.} so really my self imposed job as an author will be taken y some mac book.. or algorithm one day...lol

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.